• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1155886394360786944?s=19

The Pokemon Twitter is saying we can expect Sword and Shield to be at the world championship. Serebii is saying there will be a demo, but I wanna bet its the same demo everyone's seen already with Nessa's gym.

Upcoming Game Demos
Be among the first to play the next wave of Pokémon games! Get hands-on with demo versions of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for Nintendo Switch and the upcoming mobile game Pokémon Masters. Get details on the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shielddemo and the Pokémon Masters demo.
2019 Pokémon World Championships Spectator Activities | Pokemon.com
If you click on that page for the demo info it brings you to this. It has a pic of drednaw and Nessa.
Play the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Demo at the 2019 Pokémon World Championships | Pokemon.com

I fear for the amount of new Pokémon now...

I not because I feel its good but yampers non battle ability worries me about other things even if the idea self is cool... Boost power of ball and bomb moves. Fans forget that too much critic brings depression to creators.

Upcoming Game Demos
Be among the first to play the next wave of Pokémon games! Get hands-on with demo versions of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for Nintendo Switch and the upcoming mobile game Pokémon Masters. Get details on the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shielddemo and the Pokémon Masters demo.
2019 Pokémon World Championships Spectator Activities | Pokemon.com
If you click on that page for the demo info it brings you to this. It has a pic of drednaw and Nessa.
Play the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Demo at the 2019 Pokémon World Championships | Pokemon.com
Seems a bit different. You have an Eldegoss, and Nessa has 3 pokes plus Dreadnaw is 24. I'm not sure if it's accurate to the demo, but it's still the Nessa Gym battle....Seriously, not even gonna let us fight Bea at least?

worlds always show one new pokemon/mega (or gigamax at this case)

XD Well, doesn't help that Unova is more city-like, being based on Manhattan with elements of Hollywood and the like thrown in. As a representative of the US, it's more... the US from a tourist's point of view. Major cities and attractions.

This is something I feel GF has been doing much more blatantly in recent Gens. As a West Coaster with a Type B personality myself, I didn't really enjoy seeing NYC that much compared to New England, and I could definitely tell the Unova region was kind of meant to be a parody of Manhattan, American culture, and the like. Same thing with Kalos & Alola and how much they played up to the French & Hawaiian stereotypes respectively.

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, by contrast, seem to be more like Japan from a local's point of view.

This is something I feel GF has been doing much more blatantly in recent Gens. As a West Coaster with a Type B personality myself, I didn't really enjoy seeing NYC that much compared to New England, and I could definitely tell the Unova region was kind of meant to be a parody of Manhattan, American culture, and the like. Same thing with Kalos & Alola and how much they played up to the French & Hawaiian stereotypes respectively.

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, by contrast, seem to be more like Japan from a local's point of view.
Yeeeah, we're definitely doing Poke-Tourism now with the regions.

While I'm not thrilled with NYC (or Unova in general), though... as a New Englander, I'm actually glad to not get a region based on here. But that's just me being personally sick of my own... region. These trees and mountains, I hate them. =(

Yeeeah, we're definitely doing Poke-Tourism now with the regions.

While I'm not thrilled with NYC (or Unova in general), though... as a New Englander, I'm actually glad to not get a region based on here. But that's just me being personally sick of my own... region. These trees and mountains, I hate them. =(
I think it's beautiful up there. At least you're not where I live where in the summer the weather is constantly in the high 90's, or in Arizona where it gets up to 120. Trust me, i've been to Arizona and while I was there it was at least 112 degrees and our AC was broke. It wasn't fun.

Last edited:
Also, might as well not get your hopes up for Worlds. It looks like it's just going to be Nessa's gym that they're going to show off again. And the new pokemon is probably going to be Impidimp. Although, I hope at least a new Gigamax form will be shown instead.

If they do reveal 2 new pokemon, it'll prolly be Bea and Allister's signature pokemon.
How's that? Signature Pokémon never really get extra attention during the pre-release marketing campaign. The gym-leaders' teams are unknown most of the times.

Back
Top Bottom