• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

This is a joke, huh?

2 of the 1st pokemon revealed, were Milo's and Nessa's signature pokemon.
Seems more like a coincidence than anything. The other characters have unknown signature mons.

I hope that they show next time more about stats and weight change when D or G-max activates. Would be cool to know if there are G-max pokemon that have type or ability change or maybe both? The more they would show about the mechanic the better. I dont think only look and hp changes.

Since we're likely to see a new trailer this week or next week, I wanna sit here and think about what we might possibly see this time around.

-About 4 new Pokemon. I wanna say the chipmunk Pokemon, that elephant/teapot, Impidimp, and one more new Pokemon
-Another new Gym Leader. Since they're said to be among the first we'll face, I wanna say Opal or Kabu.
-Something along the lines of Galar Forms or the Regional Evolutions.
-Pokemon camping.
-One more new feature.

Galar forms, probably details about D and G-max. Would be cool to get some powerful good new moves and abilities.
I see people keep talking about galar forms...but don't forget that right now, according to the leaks, we should expect just more giga forms and "regional evolutions", which we don't know if they will be just cross gen evolutions or galar exclusive evolutions. Not really any new form.

Most likely Hitmontop and mimikyu will not be their signature mons. They used those probably because we have no ghost/fighting new mons revealed yet. Don't forget that hitmontop was not even shown in the trailer to the west...
Exactly, also, many of the non-gymleader-'mons were obviously placeholder.

I mean, Yamper in a water-gym?

We've seen demos before; they look like the game itself, but lots of things are different: levels, NPC's, dialogue, encounters... it's basically a demo-area like any other; a public test using in-game assets.

Last edited:
Exactly, also, many of the non-gymleader-'mons were obviously placeholder.

We've seen demos before; they look like the game itself, but lots of things are different: levels, NPC's, dialogue, encounters... it's basically a demo-area like any other; a public test using in-game assets.

Its happened before that a Non-Gym type appeared in a gym with a gym trainer.

Yes, but that's mostly in games with smaller regional dexes.

Also, this is a demo. Look up the Sun/Moon demo; the area in the game itself is much more different than the location in the demo. Not in terms of the looks, but of the rest (NPC's, quests, dialogue, roster, etc.).

Nessa will almost undoubtedly use a Drednaw and those trainers will surely be there (or get their looks/names changed in the end), but roster, levels... that will all be different. Same for the demo-zone.

Public demo's are usually isolated experiences, done for marketing purposes, mostly.

Last edited:
Yes, but with the exception of Brock, Giovanni and Koga's gyms, they are limited to one Pokémon of a different type, not whole trainers. Also, it does look weird how every trainer had only one Pokémon in that gym, when generally the second Gym onwards have trainers with at least two Pokémon.

All in all; it's just a demo; overall lay-out will stay the same, the rest (as in; oddities) will very surely be changed.

Also, might as well not get your hopes up for Worlds. It looks like it's just going to be Nessa's gym that they're going to show off again. And the new pokemon is probably going to be Impidimp. Although, I hope at least a new Gigamax form will be shown instead.
Eh... they might not reveal anything at Worlds, but they did reveal Gigantamaxing right after the Japan Expo, which was one of the events to reveal new pokemon at in the past, so I think the timing is still good to expect a trailer.

I see people keep talking about galar forms...but don't forget that right now, according to the leaks, we should expect just more giga forms and "regional evolutions", which we don't know if they will be just cross gen evolutions or galar exclusive evolutions. Not really any new form.
We don't know if evolutions was even the right word (considering it's coming from the same leaker who misinterpreted Zacian and Zamazenta as being the same wolf) so regional variants are still on the table, especially since Meowth supposedly gets one.

Wasn't Yamper only in the player's party...?

Impidimp was still odd, though.

And August tends to have some pretty nice surprises. August 2013 fully introduced us to Mega Evolution while August 2016 introduced us to Z-Moves and Alolan variants.
I expect we'll figure out what these "regional evolution" things are.

I fully expect news in some form within a week and a half

Back
Top Bottom