• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
I hope regular Linoone doesn't get an evolution.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
With Region Typings, we have...

Kanto (Poison/Water Type)
Johto (Flying/Water Type)
Hoenn (Water/Psychic Type)
Sinnoh (Normal/Grass Type)
Unova (Flying/Grass Type)
Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

And that's counting to first and second most typings.

By looks of Galar, it maybe mostly Dark and Steel. But only time will tell.

Also, this is the first time we have a Dark Type evil Team.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score

Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

steel would fit pretty well with UK I think. industrial stuff + olden day knights especially. does seem like we're getting plenty of dark types too.

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score

Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

Many of the Skull and Flare grunts used Dark type too. It was very prominent. Especially with the former.

Reaction score
I wonder if it'll be a common trait for region rodents each gen will be Normal/Dark

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I wonder if it'll be a common trait for region rodents each gen will be Normal/Dark
=/ I kinda wonder if that is a coincidence or not now too. I think it made sense in Sun and Moon with the day/night theme and now it just makes sense with the design, which they probably made just to go with Team Yell's aesthetic. Would be interesting to see what happens next Gen.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The theme for Galar is Rock Music and Sports. Team Yell has a Punk Rock vibe as well as the fanatic fans. At least their goals is a simple one. Making Marnie the Champion by helping her destroy the competition.

Just Your Average Super Mod
Reaction score
I think it's just a coincidence. They probably felt that Dark/Normal fit Zigzagoon/Linoone more. Besides, Normal/Dark is still better than the overused pure Normal used for regular critters (Kantonian Rattata, Sentret, Hoennian Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby, Yungoos...).

Who knows, maybe next regional rodent will be Normal/Poison or something.

Reaction score
Probably what's more interesting is whether Galarian Zigzagoon is our regional rodent or will we be getting two rodents like last Gen- one new, one variant?

Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean, plus English badgers are black and white, so they probably started on the idea from there

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Kantoians
Johtoians
Hoennians
Sinnohians
Unovans
Kalosians
Alolans
Galarians

If that's correct to any of you?

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
So our next chance we have for more news is Corocoro, which could possibly leak tonight, though I don't expect anything really. Given how Corocoro has been lately, out best chance is at Worlds and Gamescom, though I wouldn't bet on Gamescom.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
I like "Hoennen" for Hoenn even though it looks and maybe sounds silly. Hoennese also makes sense.

edit: corocoro could leak as soon as an hour from now, or as late as like...middle of the day on sunday I dunno.
don't get too excited though. corocoro leaks right after a news drop usually have nothing new. maybe 1 new pokemon if we're really lucky or some misc info about the games/pokemon we've seen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like "Hoennen" for Hoenn even though it looks and maybe sounds silly. Hoennese also makes sense.

edit: corocoro could leak as soon as an hour from now, or as late as like...middle of the day on sunday I dunno.
don't get too excited though. corocoro leaks right after a news drop usually have nothing new. maybe 1 new pokemon if we're really lucky or some misc info about the games/pokemon we've seen.
I will accept the types of the legendaries for my misc info from CoroCoro please. =P

But yeah, the trailer drop killed my hope for CoroCoro a bit. They really aren't being kind to it this time.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
If you look at the companies/universities for Pokejobs and the sponsors to each Gym Leader, you can tell of which typing is which...

* Gym, *^ shared

Farmer (Grass) *
Wrench (Fighting) *^
Lapras (Ice) *
Whale R (Water) *
XX (Ghost) *^
railtracks (Steel) *
cookery (Fire) *
Hoot Hoot (Normal) *

Fairy I'm unsure of, and this isn't accurate, it's just a wild guess. See what you think.