• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Joker901

Reaction score
Have we ever gotten completely new pokemon in remakes tho? unless you count meltan
The time when things could not happen because of past games has past. With dexit, games within the same generation will not be totally compatible anyway, so I don't see why not...

PocketMonster

#TeamSobble
Reaction score
Have we ever gotten completely new pokemon in remakes tho? unless you count meltan
They introduced new pokemon mid gen in third versions. If they can do that, then remakes should pose no problem.
great point plus evolution and adaptation (if there is a difference?) is an on going thing, and there are places on earth were they thought they discovered everything and then boom a new plant or animal is discovered there.

geebraprint

Reaction score
Asking about precedence to try and validate or invalidate the possibility of Gamefreak doing something is not a smart move anymore. That went out the window with the ORAS megas, and then again with the SM box legendaries evolving, then again again with the USUM ultra beasts, and then again again again with Meltan. Literally anything is possible, and it not happening before means absolutely nothing in terms of the possibility of it happening in the future.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Okay, looking at the calendar and our next major news date, I think I'll place my bets on the next news drop falling on the 16th, depending on if they reveal anything at Worlds, or sometime between the 19th and the 23rd, the week immediately after Worlds.

Oriden

Reaction score
Apparently someone (sorted) in the preorder secret club can play the demo for sw/sh on September 21.
XD A sweepstakes for it, even. And it looks like it's just the same demo going the rounds. How exciting. -snort-

If it's a physical copy of the demo and one of those 280 people turns out to be a dataminer, we might get something new from that, but that's probably really unlikely.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
While I get it must be fun playing the demo for yourself when you have the chance, hence why it's in so many events. I'm pretty sure the fact we see this demo everywhere takes away the wow factor when you know what's coming.

Oriden

Reaction score
While I get it must be fun playing the demo for yourself when you have the chance, hence why it's in so many events. I'm pretty sure the fact we see this demo everywhere takes away the wow factor when you know what's coming.
Maybe, but they would still get the joy of playing it to an extent before anyone else.

I really doubt that the secret preorder club will genuinely get anything interesting, though. Stuff released to "secret" clubs never stay secret, so there's just no point trying to make it an exclusive thing.

Joker901

Reaction score
XD A sweepstakes for it, even. And it looks like it's just the same demo going the rounds. How exciting. -snort-

If it's a physical copy of the demo and one of those 280 people turns out to be a dataminer, we might get something new from that, but that's probably really unlikely.
I hope there will be no datamining this time and considering that GF is unable to release a demo without putting everything in It, I hope there will be no demo at all.
This slow news cycle, despite not helping the games situation, is a good thing. I don't remember the last time I played a pokemon game without knowing every pokemon/move/ability/stats in advance (It's stronger than me sadly, if the games leak I need to check).
I hope they will reveal no more than 30-40 pokemon (including forms) and let people discover the others.

Oriden

Reaction score
I hope there will be no datamining this time and considering that GF is unable to release a demo without putting everything in It, I hope there will be no demo at all.
This slow news cycle, despite not helping the games situation, is a good thing. I don't remember the last time I played a pokemon game without knowing every pokemon/move/ability/stats in advance (It's stronger than me sadly, if the games leak I need to check).
I hope they will reveal no more than 30-40 pokemon (including forms) and let people discover the others.
I think they learned after last time. Notice that the LGPE demo was released months after the games were.

XD And at this rate, we might be lucky if we see 30 pokemon before release day. Not many months left and I don't think we've even broken 20 yet!

nickdt

Reaction score
I have a feeling we get a 15 minute Pokemon Direct between 26th and 30rd of August or in the first week of September, because Gamefreak has a playable demo at Gamescom, which ends August 24th (Which is on a Saturday), where a lot of Pokemon, Gigantamax forms and characters are revealed.

Oriden

Reaction score
I have a feeling we get a 15 minute Pokemon Direct between 26th and 30rd of August or in the first week of September, because Gamefreak has a playable demo at Gamescom, which ends August 24th (Which is on a Saturday), where a lot of Pokemon, Gigantamax forms and characters are revealed.
I dunno, with Worlds being immediately before it, I don't think Gamescom is likely to get much if anything. Remember what happened with Japan Expo.

Oriden

Reaction score
A little heads up that I just marked this thread for potential spoilers, so we should be free to mention the contents of rumors freely now. I know we were rule breaking a bit before. XD

That said, please still discuss leaks more thoroughly in the Leak Repository? Since that's what that thread is for and I don't wanna steal from it, just cover the butt of anyone who goes "gosh I hope that teapot elephant is in the next news drop." Or like... Gigantamax Lapras, since that didn't come out of a trailer.

El_

Reaction score
Please more Galarian formes. They need not reveal them all before release, but they really have somewhat rekindled my interest in the games. Probably shouldn't expect anymore major characters after the last reveal, so maybe a few more details on the ones they have shown.