• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
Yeah, else Wishiwashi is pointless one region after introduction.
I'm kind of just assuming there's gonna be an annoying list of abilities that just aren't affected. Including Schooling, Shields Down, Disguise, Stance Change... Basically those abilities they've been real fond of lately that are tied to the whole concept and mechanics of one individual Pokemon.

Joker901

Reaction score
So pokemon like silvally and Arceus will return to be normal types even while holding the plates? What about the form change?

Matleo

Reaction score
Its a ability. Will it still work in battle if user galar weezing faints? I dont think Wishiwashi is pointless if Gastro Acid and this ability would take out those abilities. Those are really rare situations.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Its a ability. Will it still work in battle if user galar weezing faints? I dont think Wishiwashi is pointless if Gastro Acid and this ability would take out those abilities. Those are really rare situations.
Does... any ability ever still work when the pokemon is off the field? I'm gonna guess no.

PocketMonster

#TeamSobble
Reaction score
What do you think will happen if you have two Galarian Weezings on the field in a double battle?

Matleo

Reaction score
Arceus ability should be special but Sylvaly
So pokemon like silvally and Arceus will return to be normal types even while holding the plates? What about the form change?
But should legendaries work better with their stats? Some abilities should be special but why all or too much of them?
One pokemon one ability and one move gastro acid and smogon forbids legendsried bc they are too OP.

Matleo

Reaction score
@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Intimadate and status reductions caused by abilities?
Cursed Body?
Status conditions inflicted by abilities.
But a good idea to create better abilities in future. Abilities that work after users faint.

NealIRC

Reaction score
What do you think will happen if you have two Galarian Weezings on the field in a double battle?
I think that has to do with the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

Imagine you send out you G-Weezing and it nullifies your partner pokemon's ability. And if the opponent G-Weezing's ability is nullified next, it will unnullify everything else (bring back everyone's abilities). Or, if the algorithm is to look for opponent G-Weezing's 1st, and nullify his ability thus bringing everything back, it will continue to nullify everyone else's ability.

But knowing these situations GF will prolly take all that into consideration so nothing gets unnullified.

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
I think that has to do with the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

Imagine you send out you G-Weezing and it nullifies your partner pokemon's ability. And if the opponent G-Weezing's ability is nullified next, it will unnullify everything else (bring back everyone's abilities). Or, if the algorithm is to look for opponent G-Weezing's 1st, and nullify his ability thus bringing everything back, it will continue to nullify everyone else's ability.

But knowing these situations GF will prolly take all that into consideration so nothing gets unnullified.
I'm guessing it'll just go the simple route.

The faster Weezing nullifies all abilities on the field, including the slower Weezing. Once faster Weezing is knocked out, the slower Weezing's ability is now active, therefore changing nothing.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Cursed Body?
But a good idea to create better abilities in future. Abilities that work after users faint.
Aftermath happens when the user faints, not after, and lasting effects are just the result of the ability's effect, which is inflicting them.

NealIRC

Reaction score
I'm guessing it'll just go the simple route.

The faster Weezing nullifies all abilities on the field, including the slower Weezing. Once faster Weezing is knocked out, the slower Weezing's ability is now active, therefore changing nothing.
Hey, my post was in regards to if you take out a G-Weezing when there already is a G-Weezing in the field.

But as far as taking them out at the same time, the thing you have to understand computers never do 2 things at the same time. They always do something in order.

But my post was about double battles where do you nullify your partner's pokemon ability 1st, or opponent's.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
@Oriden

Aftermath ?
Cursed Body?
Aftermath is different, it triggers when your pokemon faints but it doesn't last for the rest of the battle.

Cursed Body's effect has a limit and runs out after four turns.

Status conditions don't really count. For example, Flame Body inflicts a burn upon the opponent. Flame Body inflicted the status, but it isn't keeping the opponent burned, so taking the pokemon with Flame Body off the field does not end the status, but Flame Body is not still in effect for the next pokemon on the field- they're not going to suddenly start burning other pokemon too.

In all cases, the Ability's effect ends once it is taken off the field or runs out sometime after. So unless Neutralizing Gas is a terrain move, it will last only while Galarian Weezing is on the field. And I'm sure that if it was a terrain move, they would have been kind enough to mention that it only lasts 5-8 turns.

Given that G-Weezing's ability technically nullifies all abilities but Neutralizing Gas, I imagine that it wouldn't cancel out an opponent's Neutralizing Gas. You would just have two pokemon on the field doing the same thing.

NealIRC

Reaction score
Given that G-Weezing's ability technically nullifies all abilities but Neutralizing Gas,
If this is true, then this is the missing information I'm looking for, so the rest of your post is irrelevant.

NealIRC

Reaction score
Well it's kind of obvious that Neutralizing Gas doesn't nullify itself or else G-Weezing wouldn't even have an ability.
Um, I think the question is if G-Weezing's ability nullifies other G-Weezings with the same ability, not itself.....

Reaction score
The faster G- weezing nulifies the slower one's ability .
The slower GW faints:nothing changes
The faster one faints:its ability is no more effective and the other G-weezing's ability activates