• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

If two abilities whose effect is nullifying other abilities try to cancel each other out, then that would mean that all abilities would be active again on the field- including Neutralizing Gas. You can't nullify Neutralizing Gas without a Neutralizing Gas being active.

Even if Neutralizing Gas could nullify the ability of one of the G-Weezings on the field, it wouldn't make a difference because Neutralizing Gas would still be in effect. And as soon as the G-Weezing nullifying the other G-Weezing's ability is taken off the field... the other G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas would kick in and all other abilities would still be null.
Like I said, it's about the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

And I don't think we know now if his ability applies to pokemon that come to the field after it was out.

Intimidate is not like that. Intimidate does not apply to pokemon that came out after.

But if Neutralizing Gas is, unless they code a priority, it's about the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

I suspect however, that they coded an "if" statement to 1st check for all other G-Weezing's with the Neutralizing Gas ability or cases where it was swapped to someone else.

Heh, I'll willing to bet there will be bugs to be discovered and patched.

The gas will work on wonder guard makes me hope for more this kind of abilities.
Gastro acid normally is reflected here will not be the case bc of the gas. Why do people worry about. Interesting that weezing line never learned that move and got such a ability. With magnet rise still can levitate. People focused too much on levitate, there are other ways. Hope that telekinesis gets the same. Maybe they created a new move to get levitate. Hmmm this ability is good would be cool if Torcoal could get it too. Gen4 remake.
Do we have other pokemon that have gas, smoke and steam relation?

Hmmm Medicham, mega pokemon in future generally would need to worry of power loss.

Like I said, it's about the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

And I don't think we know now if his ability applies to pokemon that come to the field after it was out.

Intimidate is not like that. Intimidate does not apply to pokemon that came out after.

But if Neutralizing Gas is, unless they code a priority, it's about the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

I suspect however, that they coded an "if" statement to 1st check for all other G-Weezing's with the Neutralizing Gas ability or cases where it was swapped to someone else.

Heh, I'll willing to bet there will be bugs to be discovered and patched.
From the official website-
The Ability of Galarian Weezing, Neutralizing Gas, is one such Ability! This Ability neutralizes the ongoing effects of other Pokémon’s Abilities and even prevents Abilities from being triggered!
Once the Pokémon with Neutralizing Gas leaves the battlefield, the Abilities of the other Pokémon will be activated again.
Neutralizing Gas neutralizes Abilities that are already active on the field and prevents Abilities from being triggered, and it does not end until G-Weezing is off the field. This makes it pretty clear that the effect does not only trigger when G-Weezing enters battle- the effect lasts as long as G-Weezing is in play.

If a G-Weezing nullifies another G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas, then Neutralizing Gas will still be in effect. Once that G-Weezing is taken off the field, then the G-Weezing whose Neutralizing Gas was being suppressed will trigger its ability, meaning that Neutralizing Gas would still be in effect until all G-Weezings are removed from the field.

No matter what, Neutralizing Gas cannot nullify the effect of Neutralizing Gas.

If a G-Weezing nullifies another G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas, then Neutralizing Gas will still be in effect.
Okay, again and again, this is something you still do not understand, so pay attention.

Computers do not do 2 things at once. Once you understand that, then understand the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

IF THE OPPOSING'S WEEZING IS THE 1ST POKEMON ABILITY TO BE NULLIFIED, then that nullifies his ability and thus unnullifies everything else. Which is irrelevant because then the next pokemon in the field are thus nullified.

BUT, IMAGINE IF THAT WEEZING IS THE LAST POKEMON IN THE FIELD TO BE NULLIFIED. Then after everyone else is nullified, it unnullifies everyone.

So my theory is GF most likely codes a special algorithm to check for Galarian Weezing's with that ability in the field, or abilities transferred to others, to make it the 1st pokemon to nullify.

Okay, again and again, this is something you still do not understand, so pay attention.

Computers do not do 2 things at once. Once you understand that, then understand the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified.

IF THE OPPOSING'S WEEZING IS THE 1ST POKEMON ABILITY TO BE NULLIFIED, then that nullifies his ability and thus unnullifies everything else. Which is irrelevant because then the next pokemon in the field are thus nullified.

BUT, IMAGINE IF THAT WEEZING IS THE LAST POKEMON IN THE FIELD TO BE NULLIFIED. Then after everyone else is nullified, it unnullifies everyone.

So my theory is GF most likely codes a special algorithm to check for Galarian Weezing's with that ability in the field, or abilities transferred to others, to make it the 1st pokemon to nullify.
You're the one who is not understanding!

G-Weezing 1 uses Neutralizing Gas, it nullifies everyone's abilities.
G-Weezing 2 uses Neutralizing Gas, it nullifies everyone's abilities including G-Weezing 1's Neutralizing Gas.
ALL ABILITIES ARE STILL NULLIFIED. NO DIFFERENCE HAS BEEN MADE.

I like that Oriden is just answering all these questions like a patient teacher
Lol not anymore. XD I'm tired of explaining it.

You're the one who is not understanding!

G-Weezing 1 uses Neutralizing Gas, it nullifies everyone's abilities.
G-Weezing 2 uses Neutralizing Gas, it nullifies everyone's abilities including G-Weezing 1's Neutralizing Gas.
ALL ABILITIES ARE STILL NULLIFIED. NO DIFFERENCE HAS BEEN MADE.

Lol not anymore. XD I'm tired of explaining it.
Again, you keep missing my point. And what's the flaw in your post. It assumes that all 3 pokemon in the field's are all nullified at the same time.

It doesn't work like that.

Computer programs do not do 2 things at once.

So the 3-other pokemon in the field, the order in which their abilities are nullified.

You are correct if the 1st of the 3-other pokemon that's ability is nullified is the Galarian Weezing. And as far as we know, not the case if that Galarian Weezing is the last pokemon's ability to be nullified.

From the official website-

Neutralizing Gas neutralizes Abilities that are already active on the field and prevents Abilities from being triggered, and it does not end until G-Weezing is off the field. This makes it pretty clear that the effect does not only trigger when G-Weezing enters battle- the effect lasts as long as G-Weezing is in play.

If a G-Weezing nullifies another G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas, then Neutralizing Gas will still be in effect. Once that G-Weezing is taken off the field, then the G-Weezing whose Neutralizing Gas was being suppressed will trigger its ability, meaning that Neutralizing Gas would still be in effect until all G-Weezings are removed from the field.

No matter what, Neutralizing Gas cannot nullify the effect of Neutralizing Gas.
This makes me wonder about something... It says that once neutralizing gas leaves, the other abilities will trigger. So, if you have a weezing that is neutralizing an intimidate user and another weezing, and your weezing gets knocked out, then would the other weezing kick in right away? Or is there a chance that if the intimidater is faster that it'll activate first and then be suppressed once the second weezing's ability kicks in?

Okay, again and again, this is something you still do not understand, so pay attention. Computers do not do 2 things at once. Once you understand that, then understand the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified. IF THE OPPOSING'S WEEZING IS THE 1ST POKEMON ABILITY TO BE NULLIFIED, then that nullifies his ability and thus unnullifies everything else. Which is irrelevant because then the next pokemon in the field are thus nullified. BUT, IMAGINE IF THAT WEEZING IS THE LAST POKEMON IN THE FIELD TO BE NULLIFIED. Then after everyone else is nullified, it unnullifies everyone. So my theory is GF most likely codes a special algorithm to check for Galarian Weezing's with that ability in the field, or abilities transferred to others, to make it the 1st pokemon to nullify.
there are abilities that are "static" (ie., they apply as long as Pokemon is out). in a previous post you mentioned that Intimidate doesn't hit Pokemon that are sent out after the Pokemon with Intimidate. the thing is though, is that's how Intimidate works; it fires upon the Pokemon with the ability being sent out. abilities like say, Storm Drain or Levitate, are active no matter what (assuming nothing has changed or suppressed them). under ordinary circumstances, ability priority is determined by speed, so whichever Pokemon is faster fires off their ability first.

and i think there's a fundamental logic problem here: NeutroGas suppresses abilities of Pokemon on the field. period. there may be some underlying exceptions to that (such as Truant), but there's no reason to believe that NeutroGas can essentially suppress itself and by extension un-suppress the suppressed abilities. this isn't a double negative or multiplying/adding a negative and a negative. that's not even the sensible way it would be programmed either.

If it was nullified last, it wouldn't matter. Having Neutralizing Gas nullified by another Neutralizing Gas doesn't mean that everyone's abilities will come into effect-it just means that the cause is coming from a different source.

Imagine it like putting a lid over the whole battlefield for each Neutralizing Gas.

GWheezing 1 puts a lid over all other Pokemon.
GWheezing 2 enters the battlefield and puts a lid over all other Pokemon again, including GWheezing 1. It doesn't matter what order the Pokemon get nullified in, because they're all ending up in the same place, under 2's nullifying.

Or, imagine it like a signal disrupting all devices in an area. One tower is disrupting all cell phones, tvs, etc. Then, another tower is built, and it disrupts all these devices as well as the other tower. It doesn't matter that the first tower is being disrupted, because the second tower is still disrupting the devices.

If the opposing Weezing is the last Pokémon to be nullified instead of being nullified with every other Pokémon at the same time... I fail to see how that makes any difference. I don’t think nullifying the second Neutralizing Gas is going to cancel out the first Neutralizing Gas and return every ability to normal. I’d imagine that any time a Pokémon with Neutralizing Gas is on the field, abilities will be suppressed unless moves like Simple Beam and Gastro Acid can affect N-Gas and are used on the Pokémon with said ability.

but there's no reason to believe that NeutroGas can essentially suppress itself and by extension un-suppress the suppressed abilities.
Yes, the official Nintendo entry doesn't say if it makes an exception to other pokemon with the same ability.

My posts was just on the "if it does." And so if it does, I was talking about the order in which pokemon on the fields are nullified.

And if it does ignore other pokemon with that ability, then there probably isn't any looping problems / can't think of any.

Again, you keep missing my point. And what's the flaw in your post. It assumes that all 3 pokemon in the field's are all nullified at the same time.

It doesn't work like that.

Computer programs do not do 2 things at once.

So the 3-other pokemon in the field, the order in which their abilities are nullified.

You are correct if the 1st of the 3-other pokemon that's ability is nullified is the Galarian Weezing. And as far as we know, not the case if that Galarian Weezing is the last pokemon's ability to be nullified.
No, there is no flaw.

G-Weezing 1 triggers Neutralizing Gas- the other three pokemon on the field all have their abilities nullified.
G-Weezing 2 now can't trigger Neutralizing Gas.
All abilities are still nullified, no difference has been made.

No matter what, Neutralizing Gas cannot cancel out Neutralizing Gas.

I don’t think nullifying the second Neutralizing Gas is going to cancel out the first Neutralizing Gas and return every ability to normal.
Just think of Groudon's drought and Kyogre's rain. Each switches to the other.

Therefore the order in which those pokemon come determines the final effect.

GWheezing 1 puts a lid over all other Pokemon.
GWheezing 2 enters the battlefield and puts a lid over all other Pokemon again, including GWheezing 1. It doesn't matter what order the Pokemon get nullified in, because they're all ending up in the same place, under 2's nullifying.
Yea, I think of nullifying as either putting or removing a lid, not adding a 2nd layer of lid. Though if it layers of lids are cumulative, and if you had 2 lids, then you will need to remove it twice.

Or, imagine it like a signal disrupting all devices in an area. One tower is disrupting all cell phones, tvs, etc. Then, another tower is built, and it disrupts all these devices as well as the other tower. It doesn't matter that the first tower is being disrupted, because the second tower is still disrupting the devices.
Right, these are additive properties. Not cancelling-out properties. I think we call these synergistic properties in toxicology.

Yea, I think of nullifying as either putting or removing a lid, not adding a 2nd layer of lid.
Okay, but even going with this model, the result is the same.

GWeezing 1 adds a lid over the battlefield.
GWeezing 2 removes 1's lid, and adds its own lid to the battlefield.

The result is still the same-nobody's abilities are in effect.

And I certainly didn't cover talking about if both G-Weezing's came onto the field at the same time.
Does it matter? No matter how you dice it, the fact remains- Neutralizing Gas is in effect and all other abilities are nullified as long as a G-Weezing with the ability is on the field. Two pokemon with Neutralizing Gas cannot cancel each other out under any circumstances.

Okay, but even going with this model, the result is the same.

GWeezing 1 adds a lid over the battlefield.
GWeezing 2 removes 1's lid, and adds its own lid to the battlefield.

The result is still the same-nobody's abilities are in effect.
If you remove and then add, that's using the ability twice.

Does it matter? No matter how you dice it, the fact remains- Neutralizing Gas is in effect and all other abilities are nullified as long as a G-Weezing with the ability is on the field. Two pokemon with Neutralizing Gas cannot cancel each other out under any circumstances.
Um no, my whole post is if you put out a G-Weezing in the field and there already was a G-Weezing in the field, on the opposing side.

If that opposing G-Weezing is the last ability to be nullified, then that unnullifies everyone else.

But I agree with your original scenario of putting out 2 G-Weezing's at the same time. Certainly 1 will nullify the other 1st, and that other 1 won't be able to unnullify anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom