• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

nickdt

Reaction score
The tweet by the official Pokémon stated that there’s a lot more to know about the Pokémon we already discovered, and that they’ll share some fact about these new Pokémon in the coming few days.

While it might not be about the starters, or evolutions, it’s pretty clear that they’ll show or explain stuff about Pokémon they already revealed.
Well... we might get evolutions for mons that are already revealed, since you can put that under: We get too know more about the already revealed Pokemon, it can evolve (Or not).

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I’m thinking from the looks of the tweet that it won’t be anything quite as deep (for lack of a better word) as a new Pokemon in any capacity. It sounds like they’re just going to delve slightly deeper into the lore of the Pokémon they’ve revealed so far.
Definitely agree that they will most likely not be showing any new pokemon or evolutions on the twitter and it will mainly just be stuff as deep as the Kanto pokemon facts we just suffered for half a year.

If it at least includes more information on the two wolves, I'll be happy.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
You mean just like how they show a new Pokémon at Worlds? To name only the most recent of many, many examples of how past promo cycles mean nothing for predicting this one.
Crabrawler was the only actual new Pokemon to ever be revealed at Worlds. XY and ORAS only had megas, USUM only had an exclusive Z-Move, and LGPE had a demo but no new information was revealed.

Oriden

Reaction score
Crabrawler was the only actual new Pokemon to ever be revealed at Worlds. XY and ORAS only had megas, USUM only had an exclusive Z-Move, and LGPE had a demo but no new information was revealed.
I would say that Megas counted as new pokemon reveals for XY and ORAS.

Same goes for Japan Expo, though- they've had a new pokemon revealed every generation since XY and got skimped this gen so I have to agree that this reveal cycle has been very irregular and we shouldn't hold that it will definitely in any way imitate past news cycles.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I would say that Megas counted as new pokemon reveals for XY and ORAS.

Same goes for Japan Expo, though- they've had a new pokemon revealed every generation since XY and got skimped this gen so I have to agree that this reveal cycle has been very irregular and we shouldn't hold that it will definitely in any way imitate past news cycles.
I don't count Megas as new Pokemon for a reason.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
They were new designs being revealed, they still count.
They don't because they don't have unique National Dex numbers. It's like calling other temporary forms "new Pokemon".

Oriden

Reaction score
They don't because they don't have unique National Dex numbers. It's like calling other temporary forms "new Pokemon".
They don't count as new pokemon in the dex, but in terms of new designs and future merchandise- they count as new pokemon. They were still new design reveals. New forms are just as important as new pokemon.

multiingbe

Reaction score
Definitely agree that they will most likely not be showing any new pokemon or evolutions on the twitter and it will mainly just be stuff as deep as the Kanto pokemon facts we just suffered for half a year.

If it at least includes more information on the two wolves, I'll be happy.
That it is being spread out across multiple days is interesting!! it will hopefully, by the conclusion, be not much less than half the amount of information we have been getting in the full news videos!

Oriden

Reaction score
After seeing the background color of the tcg cards at the dc event i guess the mascots are pure steel
Well, not necessarily-the TCG doesn't usually do dual-typing. But it looks like Steel might be confirmed as one of the types!
XD How can either of you tell? It just looks like a holographic colorful background to me.

prog rocker

Reaction score
XD How can either of you tell? It just looks like a holographic colorful background to me.
I tried to take a look, but it looks like a mix between Colorless and Metal to me. At least they were smart enough to leave out weaknesses and the like out of the video.