• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Well, it’s interesting that they’re just now quietly confirming that yes, boutiques and Trainer Customization are returning in these games, and that you can take a train between towns, as was originally speculated.

So far they seem to really be focusing on Dynamax and the Stadiums with these official trailers - which I do not think are going to be the best parts of these games. I mean obviously they haven’t been released yet so we don’t really know for sure, but if the teasers for the Gen VII games are anything to go by, I would suspect that some of the features that are being glossed over or have yet to be revealed, will end up being peoples’ favorite parts of this Gen.

wanderist

A person
Reaction score
It wasn't what I expected, but I really liked it. The town seems beautiful and I loved everything I saw. I also like the size and the amount of space there seems to be. And of course I freaked out when I saw the character sit. Small detail, but I missed that so much in Gen 7. I hope that means it's permanently back.

Small thing, but it is nice to see Ohmori again.

multiingbe

Reaction score
The town video is really lovely!! :) :) The topography/overall realm feels as living and breathing as possible.

It has really added a lot to my amazement of Sword & Shield as well as of course, made exponentially higher the anticipation for the remakes of Diamond & Pearl!!

geebraprint

Reaction score
I agree that sitting is, sadly, a big thing. It was seriously missed in gen 7, and was a quality of life thing that really added into the lifelessness of your character (in the most lively region yet, funnily enough). It really took me out of the immersion when I couldn't interact with hardly any object. So I'm thrilled that you can sit again. Lol

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I really enjoyed that little gameplay trailer. One thing I found it really showed off that I have never evem noticed in a Pokemon game is NPCs fully acknowledging you. In the gameplay when the player got close to NPCs they should turn their head a bit or even there eyes would just slightly adjust. Then, if the player got even closer they would turn more and give the player a smile, almost like they are greeting them, without the player having to press A to talk to them. It adds so much personality into the games, and makes me so happy to see.

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
I really enjoyed that little gameplay trailer. One thing I found it really showed off that I have never evem noticed in a Pokemon game is NPCs fully acknowledging you. In the gameplay when the player got close to NPCs they should turn their head a bit or even there eyes would just slightly adjust. Then, if the player got even closer they would turn more and give the player a smile, almost like they are greeting them, without the player having to press A to talk to them. It adds so much personality into the games, and makes me so happy to see.
NPCs also looked at you in gen 7 and it’s really nice to see that return.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Well, it’s interesting that they’re just now quietly confirming that yes, boutiques and Trainer Customization are returning in these games
No, it's been confirmed a few months now, since their t-shirt contest in May. (Where it was confirmed that a winner's design would be made an in-game clothing option-until 1st place was discovered to have cheated)

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
And also the bagpacks were confirmed to be customisable here:
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1161719204980121600
I never really noticed before, but that girl's backpack is REALLY low. Like, she's gonna have back/shoulder problems.

Also, does this mean that the same things can be worn by both genders, they'd just look different between them?

I really hope they don't gender-lock the stuff. Even if it looks different when worn by either character, it's just annoying that the girl always gets like a million more options.

multiingbe

Reaction score
no new twitter posts on the Pokemon page, of any kind, just yet, but, of course it is not even noontime yet in Pacific time! Something interesting will appear there rather soon! :)

multiingbe

Reaction score
Hmm! At least for today , Duraldon can be the new mascot for when it isn't nothing, but it is also a very specific and small piece of information!

Oriden was correct!!
Definitely agree that they will most likely not be showing any new pokemon or evolutions on the twitter and it will mainly just be stuff as deep as the Kanto pokemon facts we just suffered for half a year.

If it at least includes more information on the two wolves, I'll be happy.
But now that we know this is what they were describing, it is nice to know there are some more on the way.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Hmm! At least for today , Duraldon can be the new mascot for when it isn't nothing, but it is also a very specific and small piece of information!

But now that we know this is what they were describing, it is nice to know there are more of these on the way.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1163908929207693312
It looks like these posts will just be facts about previously revealed Pokemon, kind of like how they showed off different facts about all the Kanto Pokemon earlier this year. It's nothing too exciting, but it is nice to know what these posts are about now.

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score

Oriden was correct!!

But now that we know this is what they were describing, it is nice to know there are some more on the way.

Hmm. That’s not really new information. Per the website:

The metal composing its body is incredibly durable but also surprisingly light. It only weighs about 88 lbs. in total.