• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
"my body is ready" in every single game since XY...
Oh gawd true, it is so cringe-worthy when they do that.
Excuse me what? I’ve never played the 3DS entries so... they added in that joke in every game? I knew it was in SM with Rockruff (it manages to sound even more inappropriate in this context and the games are called SM). But every entry?

Well, besides that, I'm sure that they were already well aware that they revealed too much last generation, as they already seemed to be on track for slower, lighter news this time around.
And they basically have to do a hype-worthy grand reveal to divert the attention from the Dexit mess... GameFreak's quite unlucky when it comes to marketing.

Reaction score
Excuse me what? I’ve never played the 3DS entries so... they added in that joke in every game? I knew it was in SM with Rockruff (it manages to sound even more inappropriate in this context and the games are called SM). But every entry?
Apparently, it was not in ORAS if the text dump I'm reading is correct. Seeing how I played ORAS after the other 3DS games, I guess I just added it in my mind. Also, it's not in LGPE so I guess Nintendo stopped adding that meme in the Switch era.

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Are we absolutely sure we're not getting anything? Both reveals happened on the 7th, which was the last day for Honedge and first for Salandit.
As far as I can tell on serebii, honedge was revealed on the 4th, which was the 1st day of the Japan Expo 2013 (not the last)

Reaction score
It's obvious that either they decided before to wait till all the demos have been played around the world so they could finally announce Impidimp and Yamper among the other news OR the protest is causing more trouble of what we may be aware of (which honestly is what I'm thinking right now).
I know many believe this cannot influence the news drop, but this is the most confusing moment in this franchise history. Imo, for the first time in the last 15 years, they are actually scared of how people will react to the games, scared that fans will not justify anything else from this point on.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
I know many believe this cannot influence the news drop, but this is the most confusing moment in this franchise history. Imo, for the first time in the last 15 years, they are actually scared of how people will react to the games, scared that fans will not justify anything else from this point on.
Then we might as well not get anymore news about the games until about a week before release since the dust won’t settle for a very long time. In fact, they might as well cancel or delay SwSh if they’re that worried.

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
In fact, they might as well cancel or delay SwSh if they’re that worried.
Not happening. They already made plans far in advance for all aspects of TPCi (anime, merchandise, TCG, manga, spinoff games, etc.) based on the current release date. The release date right now also capitalizes on Black Friday to drastically increase revenue. Delaying it is a no. Cancelling it would be a severe overreaction and a highly poor business decision.

Anyway other than maybe forcing them to make some graphical improvements before they create in-game footage for trailers, I really dont think the Dexit outcry is affecting their news release schedule much. They’ve already stated numerous times that they aren’t changing the game despite everything, so there’s really nothing to delay them in that regard.

Reaction score
So in other words, better get used to it, or feel free to not play anymore.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
...and feel free to criticise the change as a true fan of the franchise if you want to for the better of the franchise, without making personal threats to developers and keeping it civil (if that wasn’t clear already).

Reaction score
Yeah that's common sense....but this is the internet sadly.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Looks like we aren't getting any new reveals...Now we probably have to wait until Corocoro or hope they have another news drop soon.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
At least it's a busy month that has us waiting like every three days for an event to potentially drop something noteworthy. XD

But damn, I'm sad that Japan Expo didn't drop anything, especially since it was the most noteworthy date this month. And if that one didn't give us anything, what are the odds that Worlds or Gamescom even will. Though personally, I think the odds might be a bit better for Worlds? Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Disappointed there was nothing at the Japan Expo. They usually do have a new Pokemon reveal. I really hope they give us some news soon. They gotta do something if they wanna bring back some of the hype after the National Dex controversy.

#Shield
Reaction score
im thinking we may get another trailer soon, because impidimp still wasn't shown.