• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I do think its very likely that this announcement is going to be for the Sword and Shield anime series. The past 4 series have all been revealed two to three months before the first episode. This is relevant to this topic because there is the possibility that one of Ash's new traveling companions could be a character we have yet to see, like Kabu for example.

Looking at the past announcements till the end of August, we have:

Gen 8: 16 new pokemon officially revealed (+1 new pokemon waiting to be officially revealed).
3 Galarian forms officially revealed.
3 Gigantamax forms officially revealed.

Gen 7: 40 new pokemon officially revealed.
8 Alolan forms officially revealed.
4 z-moves officially revealed and 0 signature z moves revealed.

Gen 6: 29 new pokemon officially revealed.
7 Mega Evolutions officially revealed.

Looking at the past announcements till the end of August, we have:

Gen 8: 16 new pokemon officially revealed (+1 new pokemon waiting to be officially revealed).
3 Galarian forms officially revealed.
3 Gigantamax forms officially revealed.

Gen 7: 40 new pokemon officially revealed.
8 Alolan forms officially revealed.
4 z-moves officially revealed and 0 signature z moves revealed.

Gen 6: 29 new pokemon officially revealed.
7 Mega Evolutions officially revealed.

hmm, we actually know 4 pokemon that need to be revealed
yamper evolution+impidimp+the squirrel on the kids shirt+teacup elephant

While I do think the dog painted on the stadium is Yamper’s evolution, we’re not sure it’s really like that.

But you’re right on the number ogni Pokémon yet to be revealed.

We don't know anything about those pokemon. It's unuseful to include them among the pokemon that have yet to be revealed. It's just speculation, because they were not fully shown in any trailer or video. I mean, we know there are more new pokemon that will be revealed but they have nothing to do with the pokemon officially revealed within the past months. I was mentioning the pokemon that were officially released, not those teased or leaked.

Next week is our next chance for news. On top of September 1st's anime announcement, we could possibly see our next news drop.

I just kinda hope there's more to it this time? Like we get 4 new Pokemom, maybe 2 new variant lines, a new regional evolution, a Gym Leader, and new features.

Yeah I can definitely see mid-late next week or early the week after being our next news drop. I think now we are starting to hit the realm of possibility for seeing starter mid evolutions. I do think October is far more likely, but with only a few news drops left (if they continue going as they are), September does feel like a realistic time to drop the mid-stage evolutions. I won't expect them though.

I want to see some more new Pokemon as well, and maybe some version exclusive gyms if we have some more. I have a feeling we won't be seeing the Leader for that Gym in the Industrial City during this promotion cycle. For some reason, I feel like they would have shown them by now, especially since they look like they are going to be fought early on, but idk. I hope if they do show off a new gym leader it's the one in the little village up in the top left part of the map, the one that looks like it came out of a fairy tale. I want to see what the town looks like up close!

I hope we get Eeveelutions soon too, as long as we are getting this Gen. I don't think they'll skip them this gen, but keeping us waiting for so long makes me lose hope.

Big maybe, it's very rare
I ask because Gamestop supposedly has a bunch of new SKU numbers in their system and today Amazon posted a switch case that has an Overwatch theme which since has been removed. So people are talking about a Nintendo Direct very soon.

Pokemon tends to not show information during standard Nintendo directs. If it does, then the information is usually very minor.
XD And Japan Expo, Worlds and Gamescom usually only reveal one pokemon... which leads me to believe that we really can expect nothing from a Nintendo Direct this year. They're not taking every opportunity to release a tiny bit of info this time, it's been either a full trailer or it's nothing, so the odds of a Nintendo Direct having anything is probably zilch.

For the record, though, in terms of Nintendo Directs having info-
For Gen 6, Nintendo Directs revealed a Celebi distribution.
For Gen 7, Nintendo Directs revealed Alolan Rattata, the Munchlax distribution with Pulverizing Pancake, and a Celebi distribution.

Conclusion: Nintendo Directs like distributing Celebi. And generally not revealing things.

XD And Japan Expo, Worlds and Gamescom usually only reveal one pokemon... which leads me to believe that we really can expect nothing from a Nintendo Direct this year. They're not taking every opportunity to release a tiny bit of info this time, it's been either a full trailer or it's nothing, so the odds of a Nintendo Direct having anything is probably zilch.

For the record, though, in terms of Nintendo Directs having info-
For Gen 6, Nintendo Directs revealed a Celebi distribution.
For Gen 7, Nintendo Directs revealed Alolan Rattata, the Munchlax distribution with Pulverizing Pancake, and a Celebi distribution.

Conclusion: Nintendo Directs like distributing Celebi. And generally not revealing things.
Pretty sure Stakataka and Blacephelon were revealed in a Nintendo direct too.

Pretty sure Stakataka and Blacephelon were revealed in a Nintendo direct too.
Yep, just found the info for USUM- a Nintendo Direct revealed Necrozma's forms, Lycanroc's exclusive Z-move, Stakataka and Blacephelon and.... a Celebi distribution.

I'd say that it was an unusually long Pokemon segment in a Nintendo Direct, but sequel games and remakes also get a shorter promotional period so I suppose condensing that much info into a Nintendo Direct is probably more likely during those news periods.

A Nintendo Direct could easily have more info, seeing as this whole reveal cycle has been very, very different compared to the last one. Also, Pokénchi has been worthless for years.

Back
Top Bottom