• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

The way they've gone about hyping up this one single Pokemon is just kinda...Weird and dragged out. I really do want to see this Pokemon and if it is indeed Sirfetch'd, though was it necessary to hype up this one Pokemon for a week leading up to a video that will likely just reveal this Pokemon alone?

If they really only just reveal Sirfetchd, the only explanation I can think of for this hype is that I think it's the first month where we've had two news drops? It's always been once a month until now, I think. Still a strange reason.

Yes; the glitch aspect seems like it is more than just a creative idea for only the website design.
Is it maybe implying something that can happen to the Rotom device in game? Could that be from a second unrevealed Pokemon, which would make sense for electric Pokemon month??

If they really only just reveal Sirfetchd, the only explanation I can think of for this hype is that I think it's the first month where we've had two news drops? It's always been once a month until now, I think. Still a strange reason.
Nah, June had news drops on the 5th and the 11th, August had news drops on the 7th and 16th and also the 20th if you count the town tour for Gamescom.

Aside from June, I don't think we really had another month with significant new reveals from two different news drops in the same month.

In June we got the big Direct that revealed Dynamax and Pokemon like Wooloo, Corviknight, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, and Dreadnaw. We also got characters like Hop, Professor Magnolia, Sonia, Milo, and Champion Leon. Plus, we also got max raid battles. Then at E3 we got the reveal of Nessa, along with Yamper and Impidimp.

August we just got the reveals of Team Yell, Bede, Marnie, Galarian forms, Morpeko, and Obstagoon. The ability and new items trailer wasn't that big I felt. The town tour also wasn't that big. Its certainly a lot less than June. We did get three videos posted in August, though only one had major reveals for this generation.

Last edited:
I doubt this "glitch" pokemon they'll reveal will be sirfetch'd, or whatever you wanna call it.

• it's pure fighting. Pokemon evolving and changing types is nothing new, and it's also notable that the farfetch'd evolution could be the evolution of a galarian farfetch'd, like how obstagoon is an evolution of galarian linoone. Thing is, it's too much of a change. It's not normal/flying, fighting/flying, or normal/fighting. Both of the bird's types are completely gone. There's not even a secondary type which one could argue fits the pokemon more than normal or flying.
  • it weighs 257.9 pounds. Farfetch'd weighs 33 pounds. Sure, pokemon usually get heavier when they evolve, but this seems like too drastic a change for somefin like farfetch'd.
  • its only ability is steadfast. Keen eye, inner focus, and defiant aren't anywhere to be seen. Sure, we don't know what this thing's hidden ability is, but still.
  • farfetch'd has nothing to do with glitches other than debuting in the same generation missingno and the other glitchmons did
so, I don't think it's impossible, but I think the theories that this "glitch" pokemon is a farfetch'd evolution are....well, farfetched.

I'm skeptical that I'll end up liking whatever it is, because I tend to not like fighting-types, but the fact that it seemingly has to do with glitches gives me some hope that it'll be cool and interesting. Though I don't want it to be the only thing revealed today. A new galarian form, perhaps? Or impidimp? Pretty please?

it's pure fighting. Pokemon evolving and changing types is nothing new, and it's also notable that the farfetch'd evolution could be the evolution of a galarian farfetch'd, like how obstagoon is an evolution of galarian linoone. Thing is, it's too much of a change. It's not normal/flying, fighting/flying, or normal/fighting. Both of farfetch'd types are completely gone. There's not even a secondary type which one could argue fits the pokemon more than normal or flying.
motions to the Ice type Vulpix and the Ice Fairy Ninetales motions to the fire/ghost marowak But this tho?
---
Galaran Zigzagoon's line has set the point that, most likely, if an older pokemon is going to get a new evolution, it's going to be via a regional variant of that pokemon. So, if our mystery pokemon is this sirfetch'd, it implies we will have a galaran farfetch'd to evolve into it. If this is a Galaran Farfetch'd instead, then it will either not have an evolution, or can still have an evolution revealed. I'm presonally on team 'that looks like a farfetch'd shaped pokemon holding some kind of plant shield with a leek sword (that has roots coming out the bottom of it!).

motions to the Ice type Vulpix and the Ice Fairy Ninetales motions to the fire/ghost marowak But this tho?
---
Galaran Zigzagoon's line has set the point that, most likely, if an older pokemon is going to get a new evolution, it's going to be via a regional variant of that pokemon. So, if our mystery pokemon is this sirfetch'd, it implies we will have a galaran farfetch'd to evolve into it. If this is a Galaran Farfetch'd instead, then it will either not have an evolution, or can still have an evolution revealed. I'm presonally on team 'that looks like a farfetch'd shaped pokemon holding some kind of plant shield with a leek sword (that has roots coming out the bottom of it!).
I never said regional variants not having either of their previous types wasn't a thing. And it's convenient that you just decided to ignore the last sentence of that argument.

I agree that the glitched out sprite looks vaguely reminiscent of farfetch'd, mostly the leek, but that's literally the only thing supporting the theory. As I said, I think it's possible that this thing is a galarian farfetch'd or a farfetch'd/galarian farfetch'd evo. Just unlikely. Hopefully I'm proved right in six hours. We'll see.

I'll admit I don't always have the best reading comprehension (especially right now since I'm kinda ill at the moment), so apologies if I misunderstood you.

I feel like the glitchiness is because of a separate thing (what with the rotom like sound after clicking the glitch). So the glitching is not related to the pokemon, but a side effect of another pokemon's affect on the page entirely. Like a data scramble. Or that glitch on youtube where I click a new video and for some dang reason the page loads, but instead of the video I clicked on, the one I was just watching is paused in the video playing thing. Data's been crossed. SOMETHING WENT WRONG.

Someone spilled Coffee on their rotom-computer and the dumb ghost is now jazzed on caffeine.

I doubt this "glitch" pokemon they'll reveal will be sirfetch'd, or whatever you wanna call it.

• it's pure fighting. Pokemon evolving and changing types is nothing new, and it's also notable that the farfetch'd evolution could be the evolution of a galarian farfetch'd, like how obstagoon is an evolution of galarian linoone. Thing is, it's too much of a change. It's not normal/flying, fighting/flying, or normal/fighting. Both of the bird's types are completely gone. There's not even a secondary type which one could argue fits the pokemon more than normal or flying.
  • it weighs 257.9 pounds. Farfetch'd weighs 33 pounds. Sure, pokemon usually get heavier when they evolve, but this seems like too drastic a change for somefin like farfetch'd.
  • its only ability is steadfast. Keen eye, inner focus, and defiant aren't anywhere to be seen. Sure, we don't know what this thing's hidden ability is, but still.
  • farfetch'd has nothing to do with glitches other than debuting in the same generation missingno and the other glitchmons did
so, I don't think it's impossible, but I think the theories that this "glitch" pokemon is a farfetch'd evolution are....well, farfetched.

I'm skeptical that I'll end up liking whatever it is, because I tend to not like fighting-types, but the fact that it seemingly has to do with glitches gives me some hope that it'll be cool and interesting. Though I don't want it to be the only thing revealed today. A new galarian form, perhaps? Or impidimp? Pretty please?

The fact its pure fighting doesn't mean anything im pretty sure other pokemon have evolutions that dropped a typeing, gained a new one, or changed all together.

This pokemon if it is a galarian evo of farfetch'd could lose the normal / flying typeing for just fighting its not something unheard of with other regional evos.

The weight is indeed something strange but agian such a weight change isnt new with regional forms look at the weight in alolan exeggutor it gains 600 pounds and isnt an evoultion.

So a possible farfetche'd evo could weigh more because of the weapon it uses in combat.

The abilities do seem off since farfetch'd doesnt normal have steadfast.

As to the glitch thing its more a case of how the image on the site runs away like farfetch'd does in gold and silver. More so than actually relating to the glitched image it self.

The fact its pure fighting doesn't mean anything im pretty sure other pokemon have evolutions that dropped a typeing, gained a new one, or changed all together.
doesn't mean anything? It's not unheard of, but it's very unusual. Certainly a point against the theory.
This pokemon if it is a galarian evo of farfetch'd could lose the normal / flying typeing for just fighting its not something unheard of with other regional evos.
actually, it literally is (excluding eevee)
The weight is indeed something strange but agian such a weight change isnt new with regional forms look at the weight in alolan exeggutor it gains 600 pounds and isnt an evoultion.

So a possible farfetche'd evo could weigh more because of the weapon it uses in combat.
still seems like a bit too massive a weight gain
As to the glitch thing its more a case of how the image on the site runs away like farfetch'd does in gold and silver. More so than actually relating to the glitched image it self.
I didn't know that the image moved away if you moved your mouse over it. That's certainly interesting, I admit. A point for the farfetch'd theory, I suppose.

it's pure fighting. Pokemon evolving and changing types is nothing new, and it's also notable that the farfetch'd evolution could be the evolution of a galarian farfetch'd, like how obstagoon is an evolution of galarian linoone. Thing is, it's too much of a change. It's not normal/flying, fighting/flying, or normal/fighting. Both of the bird's types are completely gone. There's not even a secondary type which one could argue fits the pokemon more than normal or flying.
It may be more tied to the concept itself (from the original Farfetch'd) than to the types. Like, Farfetch'd uses a leek to fight, so it using a sword seems convincing (and why not a shield?). It may lose the flying type because the sword and shield could be heavy, and that would solve the next issue about the weight too.

its only ability is steadfast. Keen eye, inner focus, and defiant aren't anywhere to be seen. Sure, we don't know what this thing's hidden ability is, but still.
Taking into consideration the only other two evolutionary lines with galarian forms we know of, you have a point. But that may be that way for many reasons, perhaps for competitive reasons, or because of the concept change (though some of these abilites could still match, indeed).

farfetch'd has nothing to do with glitches other than debuting in the same generation missingno and the other glitchmons did
I do agree. And for that very reason I would like to think that there may be a justification for it tomorrow (and that it wasn't just a cheap marketing trick). Maybe it might have to do with a new Pokémon, like some have been speculating? Or just something with Rotom itself.

I don't think they would advertise a trailer just for it.

Does anyone have a list of all the Swsh news revealed so far, with content and dates?

It may be more tied to the concept itself (from the original Farfetch'd) than to the types. Like, Farfetch'd uses a leek to fight, so it using a sword seems convincing (and why not a shield?). It may lose the flying type because the sword and shield could be heavy, and that would solve the next issue about the weight too.
I admit the logic for losing the flying-type makes sense, but it still seems odd to remove its normal-type. Though I guess thinking about it, maybe they want to convey that it's no longer as "normal" as it was before.

I suppose I may have underestimated how much a shield might weigh, though it still seems a tad high.

the text on the site also suggests that it's likely a new evolution of a pokemon we've seen before

okay, after hearing these responses and considering it more I admit I may have underestimated the chances of this thing being related to farfetch'd, but the points I made are still valid reasons to be skeptical of the theory

Does anyone have a list of all the Swsh news revealed so far, with content and dates?

Longtime no see! Hope you are well!

I don't know of any official ones, but I have been compiling my own as news has been introduced to us. I do have a couple of my own inferences and notes in here, but I have tried to seek them out and put them in (( )) when I see them. It was a quick glance through, so there might be spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

February 27th, 2019 - Pokemon Direct

• The Player Characters are revealed
    • No names yet for them or trainer art
  • The Galar Region is revealed
    • The Map is shown off for the first time
  • The starters, Grookey (Grass), Scorbunny (Fire), and Sobble (Water) are revealed.
  • The names were revealed as Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • The release date is stated to be in Winter 2019
June 5th, 2019 - Pokemon Direct

• 7 new Pokemon are revealed
    • 3 (so far) single-stage Pokemon, Drednaw (Water/Rock), Wooloo (Normal), and Corvinight (Flying/Steel)
      • Corvinight looks like it is going to be the Ride Pokemon of the region, being called a Corvinight Taxi
    • 2 that are within an evolution chain, Gossifleur (Grass) and Eldegoss (Grass)
    • The Legendary Pokemon Zacian (Sword) and Zamazenta (Shield). Their types are not yet known)
  • The new battle mechanic known as Dynamaxing is revealed. The Pokemon turns huge and has a red/purple aura around it. This increases the power of the Pokemon, and only lasts for 3 turns
    • You can Dynamax your Pokemon during Gym Battle
    • There will be Max Raid Battles where you can join together with up to 4 people and beat a Dynamaxed Pokemon that will remain huge the entire battle. Once defeated, you will have the option to catch it. You can play with other players, or with some AI players if your friends are not available.
  • The Wild Area has been revealed! This area makes up the large part of the region that looks like they are not around any towns. ((Big center part of the map with no buildings, and down the right-upper middle part as well it seems)).
    • Pokemon spawn in the overworld in these areas. They can also appear in the overworld in other areas too it seems from screenshots on the websites, but there are also random encounters.
    • Encounters are different depending on the weather, and where you are
    • If you catch certain Pokemon in Max Raid Battles, they can now appear in the Wild Area
  • 5 new characters have been revealed
    • Hop, the player’s rival who appears to use Pokemon that is weak against yours. He starts his journey at the same time as you, and he wants to become the champion like his older brother Leon
    • Leon, the Champion of the region, and the Greatest Pokemon Trainer in Galar. He apparently is undefeated in official matches
    • Milo, a supposed farmer, and the Grass-Type Gym Leader.
    • Professor Magnolia - The regional Professor who is researching about Dynamaxing Pokemon
    • Sonia - Professor Magnolia’s granddaughter, who helps her with her research
    • While not new characters, the art for the player characters has been revealed.
  • The Release Date has been revealed as November 15th, 2019
  • The box art has been revealed
    • There will be a double pack with both games.
June 11th - E3 Nintendo Direct + Nintendo Treehouse + Demo

• Another gym and its leader has been revealed. The water type gym with Gym Leader Nessa.
  • Pokemon that are not in the Regional Dex will not be able to be transferred from Pokemon Bank
  • 2 new Pokemon have been revealed
    • Impidimp (Dark/Fairy) and Yamper (Electric)
  • ((It might be Demo exclusive, but there is a possibility that Gyms now feature a heal station inside of them.))
July 8th - Pokemon Trailer

• 3 Brand new Pokemon have been revealed, and 1 new Pokemon was officially revealed
    • Duraludon (Steel/Dragon), Rolycoly (Rock), and Alcremie (Fairy)
    • Yamper (Electric) was officially revealed by trailer and given official art. But, nothing has shown up yet for Impidimp.
  • Gigantamaxing, a different form of Dynamaxing, has been revealed. Only certain Pokemon have Gigantamax forms, and only specific ones of that species can actually enter their Gigantamax form. So far they have used Corviknight and Drednaw as examples, on how you have to get them from raids.
  • A new gym has been revealed, with 2 gym leaders. The gym is a version exclusive gym, so the leader and type will be different depending on the version you play.
    • Fighting Type Gym and Leader Bea in Pokemon Sword
    • Ghost Type Gym and Leader Allister in Pokemon Shield
  • 2 other characters have been revealed, Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana.
  • It seems in order to participate in the Gym Challenge, the player must get a letter of endorsement. The player and Hop both get their letters from Champion Leon. Leon himself got his letter from Chairman Rose.
August 7th - Pokemon Trailer

• 1 Brand new Pokemon revealed: Morpeko the Electric/Dark type Pokemon
    • Morpeko has 2 forms, it’s normal form called the Full Belly Form, and the form it changes into with its brand new ability Hunger Switch, Hangry Form.
  • Regional Variants revealed with Galarian Forms
    • Galarian Weezing with its Poison/Fairy typing
    • Galarian Zigzagoon and Galarian Linoone who are Dark/Normal
      • They also introduce what fans call Regional Evolution with this line. Glarian Linoone evolves into Obstagoon and shares the same typing with the rest of its line.
  • 2 new characters have been revealed
    • Bede - a new rival. He aims to become Champion and was endorsed by Chairman Rose, but he also has some ulterior goal.
    • Marnie - another new rival who aims to become Champion in order to achieve a certain goal.
  • The new evil Team has been revealed, but the game does not present them as very evil. They are called Team Yell, and are from Marnie’s toxic fanbase. They interfere with your Gym Battles and will often be seen whenever Marnie is around and ready to battle, supporting her.
  • You can now send your Pokemon out on PokeJobs, which provide different benefits. ((I forgot to add this one in earlier))
August 16th - Pokemon World Championships 2019

• Galarian Weezing’s other ability that was previously unknown is revealed as Neutralizing Gas. All the other Abilities get neutralized when it’s out.
  • New Held Item: Room Service. It lowers Pokemon’s speed during Trick Room.
  • Another new Held Item: Eject Pack. The Pokemon switches out if stats are lowered.
  • New Move, Breaking Swipe. It lowers the attack of all opponents hit.
  • Corviknight’s Hidden Ability is revealed as Mirror Armor. It reflects any stat changing moves and gives them back to the opponent who used the move.
  • Dynamax’s power is talked about more
    • A Dynamaxed Pokemon will not flinch from flinching moves
    • Max moves have secondary effects
August 20th - A Gameplay Showing with Shigeru Ohmori

• One of the earlier towns, the one just North of what looks like the starting town, is shown off. The town does not seem to have a name yet.
    • Ohmori shows off the Train station and talks about how trains will be another way that the player can get around the Galar region.
    • The full outside of the Pokemon Center is shown.
    • Two shops in town are talked about
      • A Produce Store, which might tie into the various ingredients you can find in the game, like how the player got a sack of potatoes in the Gameplay Demo they did at e3
      • The Clothing Boutique is mentioned the latest Fashion Trends ((this could possibly mean that there will be different clothes on different days again like in Pokemon X and Y))
September 4th - A Commentated Trailer in a Nintendo Direct (along with a non-commentated trailer for the English and Japanese Pokemon Channels)

• 2 new Pokemon are revealed
    • Cramarant (Flying/Water) and Polteageist (Ghost)
  • Alcremie has 16+ different flavors. They all seem to base from 5 different variations from the fruits/candies on it’s head
    • Hearts, strawberries, flowers, clovers, and blueberries are these 4 different candies/fruits
  • Trainer Customization was fully confirmed
    • Trainers can now edit their eyebrows
    • Female trainers can edit their makeup
    • A lot of the old hairstyles seem to remain from Sun and Moon, but new ones were also added, along with maybe a couple different colors
      • You can now see what the hairstyle is going to use it before you get the actual cut.
    • More clothing customization, no sign of it being version exclusive yet, but it’s still possible the clothing boutiques have different things different days.
      • Hoodies/Jackets are now separate from shirts, offering further customization.
  • League Cards
    • Throughout your journey and through battling with other trainers, you can collect League cards. You can take a picture and edit your own.
  • Pokemon Camping
    • Throughout your journey, you can plop down your tent anywhere and do some Camping.
    • You can visit other peoples tents, and even bring one of your Pokemon with you.
    • Multiple Pokemon can be played with at once in Pokemon camping
      • They will often play with each other
    • You can make curry on rice dishes to feed your Pokemon
      • There are 100+ different kinds, and the kinds you make depend on what you use

List of Pokemon as they have been revealed (This does include new forms, which are italicized)

Grookey (2/27/2019)

Scorbunny (2/27/2019)

Sobble (2/27/2019)

Wooloo (6/5/2019)

Drednaw (6/5/2019)

Corviknight (6/5/2019)

Gossifleur (6/5/2019)

Eldegoss (6/5/2019)

Zacian (6/5/2019)

Zamazenta (6/5/2019)

Impidimp (6/11/2019)

Yamper (6/11/2019, 7/8/2019)

Alcremie (7/8/2019)

Rolycoly (7/8/2019)

Duraludon (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Drednaw (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Corviknight (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Alcremie (7/8/2019)

Morpeko (8/7/2019)

Galarian Weezing (8/7/2019)

Galarian Zigzagoon (8/7/2019)

Galarian Linoone (8/7/2019)

Obstagoon (8/7/2019)

Polteageist (9/4/2019)

Cramarant (9/4/2019)

I might have missed one trailer, that was like a Japanese exclusive sorta hype trailer that didn't introduce anything new. Oh and the Switch Lite one too, but that one's in the same boat.

Longtime no see! Hope you are well!

Hey! :bulbaWave: I am! Hope you're doing well too.

I don't know of any official ones, but I have been compiling my own as news has been introduced to us. I do have a couple of my own inferences and notes in here, but I have tried to seek them out and put them in (( )) when I see them. It was a quick glance through, so there might be spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

February 27th, 2019 - Pokemon Direct

• The Player Characters are revealed
    • No names yet for them or trainer art
  • The Galar Region is revealed
    • The Map is shown off for the first time
  • The starters, Grookey (Grass), Scorbunny (Fire), and Sobble (Water) are revealed.
  • The names were revealed as Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • The release date is stated to be in Winter 2019
June 5th, 2019 - Pokemon Direct

• 7 new Pokemon are revealed
    • 3 (so far) single-stage Pokemon, Drednaw (Water/Rock), Wooloo (Normal), and Corvinight (Flying/Steel)
      • Corvinight looks like it is going to be the Ride Pokemon of the region, being called a Corvinight Taxi
    • 2 that are within an evolution chain, Gossifleur (Grass) and Eldegoss (Grass)
    • The Legendary Pokemon Zacian (Sword) and Zamazenta (Shield). Their types are not yet known)
  • The new battle mechanic known as Dynamaxing is revealed. The Pokemon turns huge and has a red/purple aura around it. This increases the power of the Pokemon, and only lasts for 3 turns
    • You can Dynamax your Pokemon during Gym Battle
    • There will be Max Raid Battles where you can join together with up to 4 people and beat a Dynamaxed Pokemon that will remain huge the entire battle. Once defeated, you will have the option to catch it. You can play with other players, or with some AI players if your friends are not available.
  • The Wild Area has been revealed! This area makes up the large part of the region that looks like they are not around any towns. ((Big center part of the map with no buildings, and down the right-upper middle part as well it seems)).
    • Pokemon spawn in the overworld in these areas. They can also appear in the overworld in other areas too it seems from screenshots on the websites, but there are also random encounters.
    • Encounters are different depending on the weather, and where you are
    • If you catch certain Pokemon in Max Raid Battles, they can now appear in the Wild Area
  • 5 new characters have been revealed
    • Hop, the player’s rival who appears to use Pokemon that is weak against yours. He starts his journey at the same time as you, and he wants to become the champion like his older brother Leon
    • Leon, the Champion of the region, and the Greatest Pokemon Trainer in Galar. He apparently is undefeated in official matches
    • Milo, a supposed farmer, and the Grass-Type Gym Leader.
    • Professor Magnolia - The regional Professor who is researching about Dynamaxing Pokemon
    • Sonia - Professor Magnolia’s granddaughter, who helps her with her research
    • While not new characters, the art for the player characters has been revealed.
  • The Release Date has been revealed as November 15th, 2019
  • The box art has been revealed
    • There will be a double pack with both games.
June 11th - E3 Nintendo Direct + Nintendo Treehouse + Demo

• Another gym and its leader has been revealed. The water type gym with Gym Leader Nessa.
  • Pokemon that are not in the Regional Dex will not be able to be transferred from Pokemon Bank
  • 2 new Pokemon have been revealed
    • Impidimp (Dark/Fairy) and Yamper (Electric)
  • ((It might be Demo exclusive, but there is a possibility that Gyms now feature a heal station inside of them.))
July 8th - Pokemon Trailer

• 3 Brand new Pokemon have been revealed, and 1 new Pokemon was officially revealed
    • Duraludon (Steel/Dragon), Rolycoly (Rock), and Alcremie (Fairy)
    • Yamper (Electric) was officially revealed by trailer and given official art. But, nothing has shown up yet for Impidimp.
  • Gigantamaxing, a different form of Dynamaxing, has been revealed. Only certain Pokemon have Gigantamax forms, and only specific ones of that species can actually enter their Gigantamax form. So far they have used Corviknight and Drednaw as examples, on how you have to get them from raids.
  • A new gym has been revealed, with 2 gym leaders. The gym is a version exclusive gym, so the leader and type will be different depending on the version you play.
    • Fighting Type Gym and Leader Bea in Pokemon Sword
    • Ghost Type Gym and Leader Allister in Pokemon Shield
  • 2 other characters have been revealed, Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana.
  • It seems in order to participate in the Gym Challenge, the player must get a letter of endorsement. The player and Hop both get their letters from Champion Leon. Leon himself got his letter from Chairman Rose.
August 7th - Pokemon Trailer

• 1 Brand new Pokemon revealed: Morpeko the Electric/Dark type Pokemon
    • Morpeko has 2 forms, it’s normal form called the Full Belly Form, and the form it changes into with its brand new ability Hunger Switch, Hangry Form.
  • Regional Variants revealed with Galarian Forms
    • Galarian Weezing with its Poison/Fairy typing
    • Galarian Zigzagoon and Galarian Linoone who are Dark/Normal
      • They also introduce what fans call Regional Evolution with this line. Glarian Linoone evolves into Obstagoon and shares the same typing with the rest of its line.
  • 2 new characters have been revealed
    • Bede - a new rival. He aims to become Champion and was endorsed by Chairman Rose, but he also has some ulterior goal.
    • Marnie - another new rival who aims to become Champion in order to achieve a certain goal.
  • The new evil Team has been revealed, but the game does not present them as very evil. They are called Team Yell, and are from Marnie’s toxic fanbase. They interfere with your Gym Battles and will often be seen whenever Marnie is around and ready to battle, supporting her.
  • You can now send your Pokemon out on PokeJobs, which provide different benefits. ((I forgot to add this one in earlier))
August 16th - Pokemon World Championships 2019

• Galarian Weezing’s other ability that was previously unknown is revealed as Neutralizing Gas. All the other Abilities get neutralized when it’s out.
  • New Held Item: Room Service. It lowers Pokemon’s speed during Trick Room.
  • Another new Held Item: Eject Pack. The Pokemon switches out if stats are lowered.
  • New Move, Breaking Swipe. It lowers the attack of all opponents hit.
  • Corviknight’s Hidden Ability is revealed as Mirror Armor. It reflects any stat changing moves and gives them back to the opponent who used the move.
  • Dynamax’s power is talked about more
    • A Dynamaxed Pokemon will not flinch from flinching moves
    • Max moves have secondary effects
August 20th - A Gameplay Showing with Shigeru Ohmori

• One of the earlier towns, the one just North of what looks like the starting town, is shown off. The town does not seem to have a name yet.
    • Ohmori shows off the Train station and talks about how trains will be another way that the player can get around the Galar region.
    • The full outside of the Pokemon Center is shown.
    • Two shops in town are talked about
      • A Produce Store, which might tie into the various ingredients you can find in the game, like how the player got a sack of potatoes in the Gameplay Demo they did at e3
      • The Clothing Boutique is mentioned the latest Fashion Trends ((this could possibly mean that there will be different clothes on different days again like in Pokemon X and Y))
September 4th - A Commentated Trailer in a Nintendo Direct (along with a non-commentated trailer for the English and Japanese Pokemon Channels)

• 2 new Pokemon are revealed
    • Cramarant (Flying/Water) and Polteageist (Ghost)
  • Alcremie has 16+ different flavors. They all seem to base from 5 different variations from the fruits/candies on it’s head
    • Hearts, strawberries, flowers, clovers, and blueberries are these 4 different candies/fruits
  • Trainer Customization was fully confirmed
    • Trainers can now edit their eyebrows
    • Female trainers can edit their makeup
    • A lot of the old hairstyles seem to remain from Sun and Moon, but new ones were also added, along with maybe a couple different colors
      • You can now see what the hairstyle is going to use it before you get the actual cut.
    • More clothing customization, no sign of it being version exclusive yet, but it’s still possible the clothing boutiques have different things different days.
      • Hoodies/Jackets are now separate from shirts, offering further customization.
  • League Cards
    • Throughout your journey and through battling with other trainers, you can collect League cards. You can take a picture and edit your own.
  • Pokemon Camping
    • Throughout your journey, you can plop down your tent anywhere and do some Camping.
    • You can visit other peoples tents, and even bring one of your Pokemon with you.
    • Multiple Pokemon can be played with at once in Pokemon camping
      • They will often play with each other
    • You can make curry on rice dishes to feed your Pokemon
      • There are 100+ different kinds, and the kinds you make depend on what you use
List of Pokemon as they have been revealed (This does include new forms, which are italicized)

Grookey (2/27/2019)

Scorbunny (2/27/2019)

Sobble (2/27/2019)

Wooloo (6/5/2019)

Drednaw (6/5/2019)

Corviknight (6/5/2019)

Gossifleur (6/5/2019)

Eldegoss (6/5/2019)

Zacian (6/5/2019)

Zamazenta (6/5/2019)

Impidimp (6/11/2019)

Yamper (6/11/2019, 7/8/2019)

Alcremie (7/8/2019)

Rolycoly (7/8/2019)

Duraludon (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Drednaw (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Corviknight (7/8/2019)

Gigantamax Alcremie (7/8/2019)

Morpeko (8/7/2019)

Galarian Weezing (8/7/2019)

Galarian Zigzagoon (8/7/2019)

Galarian Linoone (8/7/2019)

Obstagoon (8/7/2019)

Polteageist (9/4/2019)

Cramarant (9/4/2019)

I might have missed one trailer, that was like a Japanese exclusive sorta hype trailer that didn't introduce anything new. Oh and the Switch Lite one too, but that one's in the same boat.

Amazing, that's exactly what I was looking for. I would like to compare this cycle with others. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a trailer for the reveal of the mystery Pokémon. The only thing is I don't think they'd bother to make a trailer to just reveal one single Pokémon. I guess they could include a couple more Pokémon to justify giving us a trailer. I would love it if they finally acknowledged Impidimp along with revealing that mystery Pokémon Chairman Rose threw out. If their feeling generous maybe even throw in that fish Pokémon, Cramorant spits out.

I'm expecting a trailer for the reveal of the mystery Pokémon. The only thing is I don't think they'd bother to make a trailer to just reveal one single Pokémon. I guess they could include a couple more Pokémon to justify giving us a trailer. I would love it if they finally acknowledged Impidimp along with revealing that mystery Pokémon Chairman Rose threw out. If their feeling generous maybe even throw in that fish Pokémon, Cramorant spits out.
Them revealing the types and abilities of the box legends would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom