• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

• it weighs 257.9 pounds. Farfetch'd weighs 33 pounds. Sure, pokemon usually get heavier when they evolve, but this seems like too drastic a change for somefin like farfetch'd.

it is a Munchlax to Snorlax type of increase, well sort of!!
It seems mythological , that the very small duck with a regular leek would somehow be able to become a giant; perhaps bringing it to the family of Magikarp and Feebas!

I feel like today's news / reveal of the game will be underwhelming and disappointing. Continuing the trend I've felt for months now.

I'm convinced that Serebii has insider info in terms of what is revealed when, and he tweeted that he'll cover 'everything' revealed this morning. So I think it'll be more than Sirfetchd.

If it's not, then at least my tinfoil hat theory is disproved. Lol

I doubt this "glitch" pokemon they'll reveal will be sirfetch'd, or whatever you wanna call it.

• it's pure fighting. Pokemon evolving and changing types is nothing new, and it's also notable that the farfetch'd evolution could be the evolution of a galarian farfetch'd, like how obstagoon is an evolution of galarian linoone. Thing is, it's too much of a change. It's not normal/flying, fighting/flying, or normal/fighting. Both of the bird's types are completely gone. There's not even a secondary type which one could argue fits the pokemon more than normal or flying.
  • it weighs 257.9 pounds. Farfetch'd weighs 33 pounds. Sure, pokemon usually get heavier when they evolve, but this seems like too drastic a change for somefin like farfetch'd.
  • its only ability is steadfast. Keen eye, inner focus, and defiant aren't anywhere to be seen. Sure, we don't know what this thing's hidden ability is, but still.
  • farfetch'd has nothing to do with glitches other than debuting in the same generation missingno and the other glitchmons did
so, I don't think it's impossible, but I think the theories that this "glitch" pokemon is a farfetch'd evolution are....well, farfetched.

I'm skeptical that I'll end up liking whatever it is, because I tend to not like fighting-types, but the fact that it seemingly has to do with glitches gives me some hope that it'll be cool and interesting. Though I don't want it to be the only thing revealed today. A new galarian form, perhaps? Or impidimp? Pretty please?
It's possible that Sirfetch'd can only evolve from a Galarian Form of Farfetch'd like Obstagoon.

It's possible that Sirfetch'd can only evolve from a Galarian Form of Farfetch'd like Obstagoon.
.....I hope what you mean is "yes, neosquid, I agree that sirfetch'd could evolve from galarian farfetch'd", because I literally said that exact same thing in the post you quoted. ._.

I'm keeping my expectations very low for today. I wouldn't put it pass them to just reveal Sirfetch'd and nothing else...

Considering how little we've gotten this month I expect to get something more then the glitched Pokemon reveal. We are fast approaching the one month countdown and the hype for this game is so tepid it's depressing.

So uhh, are we supposed to have something now or did I read the time wrong?

how about that, I was wrong

that's all we get? Super lame

oh well, at least sirfetch'd is less lame than I expected it to be

hopefully they update the official site soon

I do think this is officially too little information. There's nothing about how it evolves, or more importantly... What people can get instead if they choose Shield.

Like, really? Revealing a version exclusive and then not even letting anyone know what they get in Shield instead????

Just Sirfetch'd. Kinda surprised, but knowing Pokemon it does make sense.

What's weird is Japan didn't even get a video, and the Pokemon Twitter has yet to post about the Sirfetch'd, only talking posting that they are ready to show off the newly discovered Pokemon.

I think they have something more up their sleeve.

Edit:

Update, Japan has gotten a video now, and their site has updated. US website still has yet to update.

Another edit: Official Twitter finally posted and site has been updated. I think this is all we'll be seeing for today now. It's 6:30am so I'm going back to sleep yall. Sirfetch'd is awesome, but not worth waking up this early.

Last edited:
Just Sirfetch'd. Kinda surprised, but knowing Pokemon it does make sense.

What's weird is Japan didn't even get a video, and the Pokemon Twitter has yet to post about the Sirfetch'd, only talking posting that they are ready to show off the newly discovered Pokemon.

I think they have something more up their sleeve.
The official site hasn't been updated either.

IDK the marketing team has been super off the ball this hype session. They could have more but I'm not convinced yet.

They just updated the site, Sirfetch'd is definitely all we are getting for now

Back
Top Bottom