• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
But then I remembered that Rowlet never evolved, right? And Decidueye is very popular. Plus, Scorbunny is the obvious 'energetic shounen lead character' personality that works for anime.
Rowlet's the most popular out of all the Alolan starters & evos combined while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages. It's why they kept Rowlet as is and had Lana's Popplio fully evolve.

As for Go & Scorbunny, I'm leaning towards Scorbunny not evolving similar to Pikachu, especially if they intend on keeping him around for longer than just this new series. Would be easier to "nerf" him in future sagas, and they'd have his goal as an excuse to keep him.

#Shield
Reaction score
Rowlet's the most popular out of all the Alolan starters & evos combined while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages. It's why they kept Rowlet as is and had Lana's Popplio fully evolve.

As for Go & Scorbunny, I'm leaning towards Scorbunny not evolving similar to Pikachu, especially if they intend on keeping him around for longer than just this new series. Would be easier to "nerf" him in future sagas, and they'd have his goal as an excuse to keep him.
that or evolve him at the end of the series before they part ways if they do that.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
Decidueye is the least popular? I had no idea. I always saw Incineroar getting absolutely no love. (Primarina is the flawless winner of gen 7 starters though).

Anyway, man I think I derailed the thread a little bit. All I set out to do was see if anything could be gleaned from Scorbunny being Pikachu #2. Lol

Reaction score
I recall the Japanese video introducing the series going "two main characters!!!" (In Japanese of course, and I'm paraphrasing) like it was a big reveal, and then showing Satoshi followed by Gou. I'll have to rewatch to remember exactly.

Edit: yes, it specifically states that there are two main characters / double protagonists in the reveal, in a way that implies it is a new concept and that Gou is equal to Ash in terms of importance in the series.
Problem is that the girl is also the main protagonist (Especially with the PC girls).

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages
I'm going to need a source on that because, on other forums, Decidueye is usually the winner out of the three starters.. A ton of starter tier posts on r/pokemon ranked Decidueye the highest out of the three starters with Primarina/Popplio usually ranked the worst.

Reaction score
They're probably referring to the japanese audience. There is this ranking of Nintendo Dream, among others:

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, and I agree the thread might've been derailed a bit.

Also the final stages of the Alolan starters reminded me of something - I looked back on the pre-release videos for Sun/Moon and noticed they revealed both the middle and final evolutions in the same month. Middle evolutions for October 4th & final evolutions for October 27th. Think they could repeat it again instead of saving the final evolutions for November?

#Shield
Reaction score
6th of november maybe? It would also be a nice hype build. ( I still dont wanna wait that long )

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
The only reason they revealed the final SM starter forms the time they did is because they were already leaked months and months ahead of time. So once the middle stages were revealed, there was no reason to keep holding back on revealing something that everyone already knew about. Lol

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I recall the Japanese video introducing the series going "two main characters!!!" (In Japanese of course, and I'm paraphrasing) like it was a big reveal, and then showing Satoshi followed by Gou. I'll have to rewatch to remember exactly.

Edit: yes, it specifically states that there are two main characters / double protagonists in the reveal, in a way that implies it is a new concept and that Gou is equal to Ash in terms of importance in the series.
Aaaah, okay. That's interesting... though Gou is quite the bland design for a main character. XD I can see them disappearing by the end of this series. And sorry Gou but please do and take your dumb rabbit with you.

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
Problem is that the girl is also the main protagonist (Especially with the PC girls).
No, Ash/Satoshi has always been THE 'main protagonist' of the series. All the other main characters that went along with him were companions, but I don't think they were ever described as the main protagonist. It's always been about Ash/Satoshi first and foremost.

This reveal very deliberately states that Gou shares the 'main protagonist' role with Ash/Satoshi, and that this new series has a double main protagonist feature.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Gou is different from any of Ash's past companions. He's being marketed as a main character equal to Ash, and not a supporting character. To me, it makes Scorbunny on Pikachu's level, which is a new thing.
Interestingly enough, one other character was marketed as a main character and not a supporting one in a similar vein- Dawn.

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
I hope it's not fate, because I got that shiet called scorbunny
No offense to scorbunny lovers =D
TWICE.
But I got sobble on the third turn so it's ok

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I got my favourite Scorbunny! I’m still interested in seeing how Sobble turns out too since it’s a good match for my personality.

Reaction score
Glimwood Tangle name revelation increased to 5 the number of places we know the names of:
  • South Lake Miloch
  • East Lake Axewell
  • Rolling Fields
  • Watchover Ruins
  • Glimwood Tangle
Speaking of, of all the places we know that exist, which I looking forward the most to take a peek at for sure is the city to the north.

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
Glimwood Tangle name revelation increased to 5 the number of places we know the names of:
  • South Lake Miloch
  • East Lake Axewell
  • Rolling Fields
  • Watchover Ruins
  • Glimwood Tangle
Speaking of, of all the places we know that exist, which I looking forward the most to take a peek at for sure is the city to the north.
were did you get the names of the four others?
Don't forget turrfield town