• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

The only thing they have to do is sharpen the texture image on the on the trees and it should look more like actual bark. Though I expect this to happen due to some tree in promotional screenshots and even in the directs look better there than in the demo, and I've even seen some issues occurring and resolved in 2 different demos.

I wouldn't be surprised if the controversy is messing with the advertising schedule - every post TPC makes, at least on Twitter, is flooded with people talking about it. That being said, I saw something about a Famitsu interview floating around where Ohmori supposedly mentioned revealing the starters' second stages, so I think we might get something about that before CoroCoro releases.
Meh, I don't think it's messing with the schedule- they've already addressed Dexit as much as they clearly intend to. Plus it's only been a couple of weeks since E3, and we're likely to get something within the week with Japan Expo anyway.

Let's Go Hope! I really wanna see what Yamper evolves into next. Do we think we might see this or maybe a new Pokemon at JE?
My guess is a new pokemon! Or at least I hope that they don't cop out for any of the upcoming events and just officially announce Yamper and Impidimp exceptionally late. That would be lame. XD

Yeah what's taking them so long?
I vote for this:

So, do you think they just gave up? Or are they trying to get this National Dex debacle to blow over first?
This. Another trailer with let's say, 40000 dislikes is something not exactly good to see on their channel imo, so they are just waiting people to calm down. If they are smart enough, next trailer will be great and full of interesting stuff. If they just reveal four pokemon and bye bye like they did sometimes with s/m, people are gonna destroy them. Graphics cannot do the job, animations cannot do the job, they need a proper trailer to reveal something that can justify the cut of half of the dex and make people accept it.

This. Another trailer with let's say, 40000 dislikes is something not exactly good to see on their channel imo, so they are just waiting people to calm down. If they are smart enough, next trailer will be great and full of interesting stuff. If they just reveal four pokemon and bye bye like they did sometimes with s/m, people are gonna destroy them. Graphics cannot do the job, animations cannot do the job, they need a proper trailer to reveal something that can justify the cut of half of the dex and make people accept it.
If that's the case, then I'm afraid that this won't blow over until about a month before release given just how big the backlash has gotten. And such silence is only only going to feed the narrative of "there's no trailers because they've nothing interesting in these games," which is a very damaging note to leave fans on. They really, really need to get something out quick; it's the only way to divert attention from that one (pretty big) flaw.

If that's the case, then I'm afraid that this won't blow over until about a month before release given just how big the backlash has gotten. And such silence is only only going to feed the narrative of "there's no trailers because they've nothing interesting in these games," which is a very damaging note to leave fans on. They really, really need to get something out quick; it's the only way to divert attention from that one (pretty big) flaw.
Not quickly, they need to get out something of quality. Even if they have to wait another month, they have to be sure that what they show is not another pixalated area, another poorly animated move/pokemon, another low res tree. What they showed in the last two trailers was full of flaws (low res textures, floating walls, lacking of shadows etc.). If there are other major flaws in the next trailers people are gonna find them and (this is news) will not forgive them anymore.

I agree, somewhat. I think a major problem with this though is that people are not calming down. I have seen it slow down a little bit, but not much. People are going to be angry because they are stubborn. Its clear that addressing the issue again did not do 'em any good, so I honestly think it would be better to move forward.

I do agree that the first trailer back should be bigger, but I think more that it should happen sooner. Leaving fans feeling sour (well, some of them at least) for a long time is probably not good for them. By providing fans with new info, it might lighten the mood a bit. Idk though, that's just my thoughts.

Not quickly, they need to get out something of quality. Even if they have to wait another month, they have to be sure that what they show is not another pixalated area, another poorly animated move/pokemon, another low res tree. What they showed in the last two trailers was full of flaws (low res textures, floating walls, lacking of shadows etc.). If there are other major flaws in the next trailers people are gonna find them and (this is news) will not forgive them anymore.
I'm fine if the wait is a month or two, and you make a good point of having to shift through stuff to find something of high enough quality that doesn't cause even more outrage. Hopefully that means they actually fix those graphical issues too, especially if there isn't much that's an improvement in the graphical and animation department.

What I'm worried about is if they are waiting solely for National Dex to die down, because that might not calm down until very close to release. If they're waiting because of careful preparation, then I'm all for it! All I'm saying is that TPCi shouldn't count on the National Dex fiasco blowing over before deciding to give us more information; that might take too long.

I agree, somewhat. I think a major problem with this though is that people are not calming down. I have seen it slow down a little bit, but not much. People are going to be angry because they are stubborn. Its clear that addressing the issue again did not do 'em any good, so I honestly think it would be better to move forward.

I do agree that the first trailer back should be bigger, but I think more that it should happen sooner. Leaving fans feeling sour (well, some of them at least) for a long time is probably not good for them. By providing fans with new info, it might lighten the mood a bit. Idk though, that's just my thoughts.
The fact is that dexit brought over a lot of other problems...and this TPCi fault. Their huge mistake was to justify the lack of pokemon with improved animations and accuracy on pokemon models. It took like two minutes to prove this false and wingull, a tree and a popping dynamaxed steelix became the flag of the dexit movement. As I said, It's not like they didn't know what this decision would have caused but they litterally gave people no reason (or even worse, the most absurd reasons) to justify It.
Now they are in a really bad position, because no matter how many things they are gonna reveal, if they don't fix the things they said they put so much effort on that they were forced to cut off 400 pokemon, people will never forget.

....I'm confused as to why anyone is acting like it's been all that long since the last news drop. It's only been a couple weeks since E3 so they're not running late or anything? We don't... need a trailer every other week guys.

I was pretty sure that @KiranTheWitch was referring to why they're taking so long to officially announce Yamper and Impidimp? Because that actually is a valid question, since they already otherwise had their official reveal. Even with the Dexit backlash, I would've expected to have seen them at least posted on the official website soon after E3. Maybe given a brief reveal trailer. Their announcement shouldn't have been delayed by Dexit- a major reveal trailer for like Gigantamax maybe (but again, it hasn't even been that long yet since the last news drop) but a tiny two-pokemon tidbit? Nah, that should've come out on time, meaning that they didn't care to officially announce those pokemon soon after their reveal in the first place.

....I'm confused as to why anyone is acting like it's been all that long since the last news drop. It's only been a couple weeks since E3 so they're not running late or anything? We don't... need a trailer every other week guys.

I was pretty sure that @KiranTheWitch was referring to why they're taking so long to officially announce Yamper and Impidimp? Because that actually is a valid question, since they already otherwise had their official reveal. Even with the Dexit backlash, I would've expected to have seen them at least posted on the official website soon after E3. Maybe given a brief reveal trailer. Their announcement shouldn't have been delayed by Dexit- a major reveal trailer for like Gigantamax maybe (but again, it hasn't even been that long yet since the last news drop) but a tiny two-pokemon tidbit? Nah, that should've come out on time, meaning that they didn't care to officially announce those pokemon soon after their reveal in the first place.
Now that I also think about this, didn't they also take their time with Gothitelle, Excadrill, Reuniclus and Ribombee?

Now that I also think about this, didn't they also take their time with Gothitelle, Excadrill, Reuniclus and Ribombee?
I don't know about the others but I know that Ribombee's initial reveal was kind of a mistake only caught by quick eyes- certainly not a purposeful reveal, so the delay on that one wasn't all too surprising. Not like Yamper and Impidimp who have been given enough exposure to warrant at least posting their official artwork by now. >=/

Anyone think the new Pikaclone is coming in the next announcement?

This. I'm genuinely confused as to why Yamper and Impidimp haven't been officially revealed yet.

Seems the demo is going to playable in Spain this month. My bet is they won't announce Yamper and Impidimp until they're done showing off the demo. Maybe early August they'll do another trailer and reveal it then.

Seems the demo is going to playable in Spain this month. My bet is they won't announce Yamper and Impidimp until they're done showing off the demo. Maybe early August they'll do another trailer and reveal it then.
I guess but I don't see the point in not announcing them yet. It's not like it'd be spoiling the demo any more than the shitton of screenshots and videos posted of it already does.

Back
Top Bottom