• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Yeah I wonder what's next now. WHAT IF THEY START DOING GALAR FACTS. Like once a week, they reveal a new Galar Pokemon? Hahaha yeah right.
That is a really cool idea actually. It could be anything about Galar actually, and they can just post little things about Pokemon they have already introduced, or maybe show off one of the places or cities and give the name of it. The characters can get stuff too.

And every now and again they actually reveal something brand new that they have not shown off, like a new Pokemon, a new character, a place that we haven't seen in the trailers.

Unfortunately I doubt anything like this would happen, maybe the beginning part, but I don't think they would just drop new Pokemon or characters like that.

That is a really cool idea actually. It could be anything about Galar actually, and they can just post little things about Pokemon they have already introduced, or maybe show off one of the places or cities and give the name of it. The characters can get stuff too.

And every now and again they actually reveal something brand new that they have not shown off, like a new Pokemon, a new character, a place that we haven't seen in the trailers.

Unfortunately I doubt anything like this would happen, maybe the beginning part, but I don't think they would just drop new Pokemon or characters like that.
Would be really cool way to show off new info.

Side note, with Armored Mewtwo being confirmed for GO, I do wonder if it'll be a GO exclusive that can't be transferred anywhere.

Would be really cool way to show off new info.

Side note, with Armored Mewtwo being confirmed for GO, I do wonder if it'll be a GO exclusive that can't be transferred anywhere.
Or they will say the armor gets broken during the transfer

Or they will say the armor gets broken during the transfer
Nah, you can't transfer any of the other GO exclusive pokemon to LGPE, so I doubt that you would be able to remove the armor to transfer Mewtwo. Not to mention how pointless it would be when the regular versions of all event pokemon have been plenty available.

So I made a list of reveals for gen 6 and 7 during July:

Gen 6:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Gogoat, Helioptile, Noivern, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Skrelp, Clauncher, Litleo, Flabebe, Xerneas and Yveltal (with their types) officially revealed before July.
18 pokemon revealed before July. Mega evolution teased with Mega Mewtwo Y.

July 4: Honedge revealed through a trailer during Japan Expo.
July 11: Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix and Team Flare revealed through corocoro leak.
July 12: Trevenant shown in the movie, then officially revealed on July 31.

A total of 25 Pokemon revealed by the end of July.

Gen 7:

Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Komala, Rockruff, Pikipek, Grubbin, Yangoos, Solgaleo, Lunala (with their types) officially revealed before July.
10 Pokemon revealed before July.

July 1: Tapu Koko, Bruxish, Drampa, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Togedemaru revealed through a trailer.
July 3: The intro of s/m was revealed at Hong Kong National Championships.
July 7: Salandit revealed through a trailer at Japan Expo.
July 12: Mimikyu and Bewear revealed trhough Corocoro leaks.
July 13: Pokeride revealed thorugh an official trailer.
July 19: Mudsdale, Confey, Wimpod, Bounsweet revealed through an official trailer. Mimikyu and Bewear international reveal.

A total of 24 Pokemon revealed by the end of July.

Gen 8:

Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble, Corviknight, Drednaw, Wooloo, Gossifleur, Heldegoss, Impidimp and Yamper (not officially revealed), Zacian and Zamazenta (without their types) revealed before July.
12 pokemon revealed before July. Dynamax revealed in early June. Dexit protest exploded.

So if we go by patterns, we should see 12 more Pokemon at least throughout the course of this month. I wonder how close we will get to that number by August 1st.

So if we go by patterns, we should see 12 more Pokemon at least throughout the course of this month. I wonder how close we will get to that number by August 1st.
They seem to be going slower and lighter on news this time around, so I don't think that we will get buried in Pokémon reveals before release like we did before.

I wonder if it's best to keep the news tighter this time around. They kinda need all the hype they can get after this controversy

I wonder if it's best to keep the news tighter this time around. They kinda need all the hype they can get after this controversy
Well, besides that, I'm sure that they were already well aware that they revealed too much last generation, as they already seemed to be on track for slower, lighter news this time around.

Well, besides that, I'm sure that they were already well aware that they revealed too much last generation, as they already seemed to be on track for slower, lighter news this time around.
GF understanding their bad marketing choices. That's news.

GF understanding their bad marketing choices. That's news.
Is it really? Because marketing can be pretty trial and error. They only get a shot at introducing a new generation every three years or so, and we've only watched them market new generations on a global scale twice. I'm sure that they've never really been deaf in all this time.

Is it really? Because marketing can be pretty trial and error. They only get a shot at introducing a new generation every three years or so, and we've only watched them market new generations on a global scale twice. I'm sure that they've never really been deaf in all this time.
Three times.
Usum was just a mess. They announced them and then a week later announced the switch titles to cover the backlash from people who were expecting a switch title already. Then they disappeared for three months (cause they litterally had almost nothing to reveal). People were more interested in sw/sh back then already.
Let's go were even worse. They announced them as main serie games in a private conference with journalists reporting false informations. Another backlash with people worried about the future of the franchise because of the lack of pokemon/abilities/items/battling wild pokemon. They announced sw/sh for 2019 in the same conference, knowing that people wanted them rather than what they got.
Sw/sh...we have seen enough already: they made the first trailer (after two years of litterally nothing) focused on graphics and region. The graphics were not that great and with a lot of flaws. They made people believe random encounters were back for who knows whatever reason. Some backlash back in February. Then they decided to announce the cutting of 400 pokemon during the main games event in the world, justifying it with the attention given to animations and graphics with a threehouse that litterally showed how false that statement was. The final and biggest backlash began and is still going on. They released a statement that just ignored all the protest and 80000 dislikes with a soft "thanks but no".

I also would like to underline that back in 2016 we only had 10 pokemon revealed before july, the map of the region (but gameplay of just the first island if I'm not wrong), battle royale, rotom dex, the professor, his assistant, the rival, and a kahuna.
Right now we have 12 pokemon revealed, the map of the region with several gameplay in many cities, rotom dex, the professor, her assistant, the rival, the champion, dynamax and max moves, raid battles, wild area and free camera, two gym leaders.
I actually don't see how you could say they have learned from the past when they just revealed more informations than x/y and s/m.

Wait: Where are you getting the 400 number?
I'm counting 450 old pokemon and 80-90 new ones for a total of 530-40 in the Galar dex. That's being optimistic, clearly. So around 400 old pokemon cut off, they may be 300 or 500 hundreds cut off, doesn't really matter...I was just saying there'll be a lot who most likely won't pass the borders of Galar.

Three times.
Usum was just a mess. They announced them and then a week later announced the switch titles to cover the backlash from people who were expecting a switch title already. Then they disappeared for three months (cause they litterally had almost nothing to reveal). People were more interested in sw/sh back then already.
Let's go were even worse. They announced them as main serie games in a private conference with journalists reporting false informations. Another backlash with people worried about the future of the franchise because of the lack of pokemon/abilities/items/battling wild pokemon. They announced sw/sh for 2019 in the same conference, knowing that people wanted them rather than what they got.
Sw/sh...we have seen enough already: they made the first trailer (after two years of litterally nothing) focused on graphics and region. The graphics were not that great and with a lot of flaws. They made people believe random encounters were back for who knows whatever reason. Some backlash back in February. Then they decided to announce the cutting of 400 pokemon during the main games event in the world, justifying it with the attention given to animations and graphics with a threehouse that litterally showed how false that statement was. The final and biggest backlash began and is still going on. They released a statement that just ignored all the protest and 80000 dislikes with a soft "thanks but no".

I also would like to underline that back in 2016 we only had 10 pokemon revealed before july, the map of the region (but gameplay of just the first island if I'm not wrong), battle royale, rotom dex, the professor, his assistant, the rival, and a kahuna.
Right now we have 12 pokemon revealed, the map of the region with several gameplay in many cities, rotom dex, the professor, her assistant, the rival, the champion, dynamax and max moves, raid battles, wild area and free camera, two gym leaders.
I actually don't see how you could say they have learned from the past when they just revealed more informations than x/y and s/m.
USUM had barely anything to market.
Let's Go had barely anything to market and were a risky venture which they handled as well as they possibly could.
Neither were marketing blunders.

SwSh is a new generation with plenty to market and-
  1. They were trying to emphasize that it's a traditional pokemon adventure, unlike Let's Go.
  2. Not sure what backlash you're even talking about in February, there were a few people moaning over stupid little things like shadows, but the reception otherwise seemed generally good.
  3. We actually have seen new animations for pokemon that backs up their statement, so it's not as false as many have claimed.
  4. Yeah, Dexit sucks, but they have clearly made the decision for a reason and right now that's all they can say about it.
And back in 2016 we technically had 18 pokemon revealed before July:
Magearna, Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Solgaleo, Lunala, Komala, Rockruff, Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly and Togedemaru.

Plus we also had Zygarde's new forms.

And we at least knew the types for the box mascots, as well as their abilities and signature moves.

Let's Go had barely anything to market and were a risky venture which they handled as well as they possibly could.
I honestly think that LGPE is one of the most brilliant ideas Game Freak and TPCi have had in a very long time.
I may be disappointed with the execution (yes, I am), but the general premise of LGPE was spot on. So was the timing.

Incorporating the Pokémon Go hype into a mainline game, filling it with anime elements for extra nostalgia, using it as a bridge for Switch owners who wanted a mainline Pokémon experience on their TVs ASAP, experimenting with overworld encounters, etc.

...A lot of things about Let's Go just clicked so well.

Last edited:
I honestly think that LGPE is one of the most brilliant ideas Game Freak and TPCi have had in a very long time.

I may be disappointed with the execution, but the basic premise (and the timing) of LGPE was spot on.
Well, in my case I'll like to try out LGPE. Mostly because I want to play Gen I like I remember it and not how it actually was.

I may be disappointed with the execution, but the basic premise (and the timing) of LGPE was spot on.
I'm not a fan of it, but given how they marketed it, I actually don't hate it either. I'll never play it, but I totally support how they kinda sold it as a game for adult pokemon fans to share with their kids, making pokemon into a family experience- that part I find totally brilliant. And it's something to pull in the people whose primary Pokemon experience is Pokemon GO, and all in all, they hit both of their targets well and I applaud them for that.

I also applaud them for the statements they made about Gen 8 while they were promoting Let's Go, because they didn't leave anyone hanging in regards to whether a traditional main series game was coming, or whether GO mechanics were going to become standard for all main series games... they could have left everyone in the dark, but they didn't. They marketed the game for the people they were trying to reach and they made it clear that the traditional gamers weren't their target, but that they weren't forgotten either and that they were welcome to play LGPE in the meantime.

In all, I think Let's Go's marketing did a pretty good job.

And the fact that they even were reaching out to new markets was such a positive sign in general.

USUM had barely anything to market.
Neither were marketing blunders.

SwSh is a new generation with plenty to market and-
  1. They were trying to emphasize that it's a traditional pokemon adventure, unlike Let's Go.
  2. Not sure what backlash you're even talking about in February, there were a few people moaning over stupid little things like shadows, but the reception otherwise seemed generally good.
  3. We actually have seen new animations for pokemon that backs up their statement, so it's not as false as many have claimed.
  4. Yeah, Dexit sucks, but they have clearly made the decision for a reason and right now that's all they can say about it.
And back in 2016 we technically had 18 pokemon revealed before July:
Magearna, Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Solgaleo, Lunala, Komala, Rockruff, Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly and Togedemaru.

Plus we also had Zygarde's new forms.

And we at least knew the types for the box mascots, as well as their abilities and signature moves.
Actually Let's go was emphasized as a traditional experience that old fans would have enjoyed as a main serie game when it was announced. They now try to take distances from it because people wanted a real main serie experience and not a game made to attract casual Go players. People are not blind, they acted like if they are. They could have simply called them spin offs. They didn't because they wanted old fans to buy them as well.
People caring about graphics, overworld pokemon, following pokemon (me included) didn't receive well the lack of these features back in February. They are not so few. Now that dexit exists people seem to realize that graphics and animations are not so good (good morning, I would say). This means that those stupid little things like shadows are now a problem for many others.
Point 3 doesn't really need any answer but ok. They reused all the models from x/y and most of the animations. Dynamax is just a bigger model and dynamax animations are just slower forms of normal animations. They litterally cut off all damaging normal moves animations during dynamax. This is like the cheapest thing a billionaire franchise can do. The fact that some pokemon got new animations (how many 100?) cannot in any way support the cut of half of the pokedex because we know that back in 2013 on a much less powerful console they managed to do 700+ 3d models + hundreds of moves animations. They had all models, they had the old animations, they had walking and running animations for all pokemon. They didn't want to bring the missing pokemon in sw/sh for whatever reason. Just not for the animations or the models. This makes no sense.
They can say whatever they want about it, but what they said made things worse. This is because you don't simply say to your fans, after 23 years, that there's nothing you want to do about it, there's nothing you can justify it with (nothing real clearly).
Back in 2016 we had 10-11 pokemon revealed. Tapu koko and friends leaked in June but were meant to be realesed in July. They were officially revealed on June 30 probably just because they were leaked the previous day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom