• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So...Dynamax is out, Gigantamax is out, Max Raid Battles are out, Wild Area is out. I guess August biggest reveal (like they did with megas, z-moves, alola forms) will be regional evolutions and post-game city right?
Regional evolutions and post-game city sound pretty realistic.

A little more adventurous might be starter evos. If I remember properly there was something going around about starter evo reveals being earlier, so August would be a good time, as August usually is a hype month.

I think legendary typings is also pretty plausible.

I thought the pastebin leak was set aside as probably fake because it said "Kommo-o was cut" but it isn't

Ohimori was expecting/hoping people to be hyped about Starter evolutions in the famitsu interview right after Dexit, so I expect this trailer, and one soon after this one containing the starter evolutions and maybe something on Zacian/Zamazenta soon after to do the trick for GameFreak PR.

Should I be the 1st to say, you don't have to reply to every post? I have no image so I can make that sacrifice.

Here's to hoping that Scorbunny's final evolution is not fire/fighting, although seeing Bea's resemblance does worry me...
Obviously, you're not into competitive battling.

Because competitive battlers hate Stealth Rock weaknesses. The only way for a Fire pokemon to not have a Stealth Rock weakness, without having a 4x weakness, is to be paired with Fighting.

Fire/Steel and Fire/Ground will also void a Stealth Rock weakness, but both of those combos have a 4x weakness to something else.

Should I be the 1st to say, you don't have to reply to every post? I have no image so I can make that sacrifice.

Oh I apologize for my enthusiasm. I thought that was just common courtesy. Clearly my reputation precedes me :3c

Because competitive battlers hate Stealth Rock weaknesses. The only way for a Fire pokemon to not have a Stealth Rock weakness, without having a 4x weakness, is to be paired with Fighting.

Fire/Steel and Fire/Ground will also void a Stealth Rock weakness, but both of those combos have a 4x weakness to something else.

Nope! Not in the slightest!

But this sounds like a sound argument. My argument is just based on the fact we've already had 3 Fire/Fighting starters already so it seems like it'll saturate the Fire/Fighting scene. Of course, if this is the reason why Fire/Fighting remains the go-to choice, then something has to be done between the type interactions. Seems unfair to limit type combinations for the sake of competitive.

There’s an easy solution, making Scorbunny’s final evo Fire/Steel, with Levitate!

Joking aside, I get your point, although I doubt GF’s reasoning is necessarily tied to that, if they made Scorbunny’s final evo Fire/Fighting. Just two gens ago they made Chesnaught with a 4x weakness to Flying moves.

And we already have three of them. A Pokemon is not just about viable combos and stats. Design plays a role for a lot of people, the main story and marketing. And people are tired of Fire/Fighting in that department. Even Incineroar was based on a wrestler.

And we already have three of them.
And they're all physical-offensives, we could use 1 that's more on the defensive side. Like Torkoal.

-

You know how Gen 2 gave branched evolutions to pokemon that lost their 2ndary typing? Gloom and Poliwhirl given a branched evolution.

I'd actually like to see GF give Lampent a redder evolution, 1 that's pure Fire, and with Levitate.

Back
Top Bottom