• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Not going to lie, this looks very very nice. I like the red/blue on the marble-ish white.

Not going to lie, this looks very very nice. I like the red/blue on the marble-ish white.

View attachment 120697
Damn, and I kinda want that one, myself.

I prefer this one to the Yellow/Turquoise/Grey. I found it a bit weird that they didn’t do a red one since the Switch launched with its iconic red and blue and has a red logo.

Red’s my favourite colour, and I like Red/White/Blue Combination, so I might actually consider buying this.

I prefer this one to the Yellow/Turquoise/Grey. I found it a bit weird that they didn’t do a red one since the Switch launched with its iconic red and blue and has a red logo.

Red’s my favourite colour, and I like Red/White/Blue Combination, so I might actually consider buying this.
Especially considering what a popular color red is, too. Strange that they went with yellow.

Especially considering what a popular color red is, too. Strange that they went with yellow.
If they were set on not launching a proper red, I just wish they’d shade the Zacian/Zamazenta on the plates a little, would make for a more vibrant console.

And I wish they’d have coloured the rest of the buttons red/blue and not left some white, and some coloured.

They did a special pokemon version. Most likely they made these games as less home console games as they could to sell them with this new lite version...which would be really lame.

Most likely they made these games as less home console games

We've known that in the general case since last year:
Q: You just mentioned the games coming out in 2019, and obviously we’re very excited. Is there anything else you can tell us about these new games?

Ishihara: I can’t really say much more than what we’ve already talked about today. But what I can say is that Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! focus on the home console gameplay experience, but the games next year will focus more on handheld features and gameplay experience.

...the Switch Lite can play Breath of the Wild.
It's not just about gameplay. You cannot notice most of the graphics flaws or details on handheld. Now a lot of things about these games seem obvious. Textures, details, 3ds feeling. They probably made these games with the new console in mind...
They just made two other handheld games that can be played on TV if you want to, not the opposite.

They did a special pokemon version. Most likely they made these games as less home console games as they could to sell them with this new lite version...which would be really lame.
This was more than expected, even stated in an interview they were aiming for SwSh to focus on handheld play. More than likely cause Lite was coming out. So I guess people can say they were a bit correct that the game's are uprgraded 3DS games, cause now they kind of are.

It's not just about gameplay. You cannot notice most of the graphics flaws or details on handheld. Now a lot of things about these games seem obvious. Textures, details, 3ds feeling. They probably made these games with the new console in mind...
They just made two other handheld games that can be played on TV if you want to, not the opposite.
...suuuuure. Except that the game made for the TV- remember Let's Go?- isn't as graphically detailed as Sword and Shield.

Sword and Shield is still a very notable improvement in graphics for a Pokemon game and it has been improving with each trailer.

This was more than expected, even stated in an interview they were aiming for SwSh to focus on handheld play. More than likely cause Lite was coming out. So I guess people can say they were a bit correct that the game's are uprgraded 3DS games, cause now they kind of are.
Cool, we've waited 23 years for the first console games, to finally discover It was just a big marketing illusion.

Graphics comparison-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPFUzfck4oI

Sword and Shield's graphics are actually amazing for a Pokemon game, and they're still not finished with them yet.

I keep seeing the "for a pokemon game" everywhere. Guys there's not just Pokemon in this world. Just because they added some details to the games we cannot just pretend that they don't look way worse than games that right now are two years old.
I mean Pokemon is among the biggest Nintendo titles (if not the 1st) but It is not even among the first 20 titles with the best graphics released on the switch, which is embarassing for a billionaire franchise.

Back
Top Bottom