• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So, I would like to know...What do you think these games have to offer (features, mechanics etc) apart from the things that have already leaked? Or, better, what would you like to be announced (considering what we saw and what we can actually expect from these games) that can really get your attention? I would say the last city is that part of the region that is really covered in mystery/has not leaked somehow...

The only things I really care about knowing are the protagonists, starter family, the legendaries, and version exclusives.

To me he looks like a stand-alone pokemon tbh.. like drampa
That’s reasonable. Though, to be fair, most Pokémon to me look like stand-alones before their evolutionary relatives are revealed. Like Honedge I remember as a prime example and then it evolved twice. Guess we’ll see.
So, I would like to know...What do you think these games have to offer (features, mechanics etc) apart from the things that have already leaked? Or, better, what would you like to be announced (considering what we saw and what we can actually expect from these games) that can really get your attention? I would say the last city is that part of the region that is really covered in mystery/has not leaked somehow...
I’ve said this a lot, but definitely cross-gen evolutions. I know the leak said Farfetch’d was getting one but for one thing it could be the only one (like Sylveon was) and for another the leak was so unclear as to what it was actually talking about (the term “regional evolution” is so vague) that I’m still worried it might not be what we think it is. It’s been almost 13 years since we got a proper amount of them, so I’m really hoping gen 8 delivers. There are a lot of Pokémon that could use them.

Last edited:
Yeah I've linked to both of the July 24th trailer leaks in the first post. Considering they both pretty much claim the same exact things only slightly differently, I figure it's probably the same person trying to make their "leak" seem more believable by having "two" people leak it.
Ah, nice catch. That probably is the case.

July usually has more than one info-drop. The Sun/Moon newscycle had like three different moments in july. So, yeah, I do expect more this month.

Basing on previous years, July was typically a good month for news. I definitely think I can see them dropping another trailer, or at least news in some shape or form.

I would really like to see more of these version exclusive gyms and some new Pokemon in whatever next news we get. I also hope we may get some better view on the trainer customization, as our only things we have seen from it have been short shots from Max Raid battles, and the screenshot of the player select screen on the website.

For the record:
June 30 - Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, Togedemaru (trailer)
July 7 - Salandit (trailer)
July 12 - Mimikyu and Bewear (Corocoro)
July 19 - Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale (trailer)

The starters, box-legendaries and Rockruff, Komala, Yungoos, Pikipek and Grubbin were already revealed before july. So, yeah, the july-period was quite a big news month.

Right now we've only had:
  • The initial reveal of Sword/Shield (starters revealed)
  • The 5th of june Direct featuring the cover legends and 5 miscellaneous 'mons (Drednaw, Corviknight, Wooloo, Gossifleur and Eldegoss).
  • The 8th of July trailer featuring 4 new miscellaneous 'mons (Duraludon, Rolycoly, Alcremie and Yamper).
So, in comparison:
  • Sun/Moon had 24 confirmed reveals at this moment.
  • Sword/Shield have 14 confirmed reveals at this moment.
This ain't even close to being even, that's the reason why I expect something big get revealed this month. Or a feature-trailer with one special new reveal (like the way Salandit or Crabrawler were announced).

Last edited:
This time it might be different because we also got a Pokemon Masters trailer.
The main series probably have a totally separate marketing plan and are much more important to the franchise than mobile titles (as in; making progress for the franchise).

Both titles don't even compete with one another. Also; all of the marketing-ideas and plans were probably already decided months in advance.

Last edited:
The main series probably have a totally separate marketing plan and are much more important to the franchise than mobile titles (as in; making progress for the franchise).

Both titles don't even compete with one another. Also; all of the marketing-ideas and plans were probably already decided months in advance.

While i agree, the priority for the Pokemon Company might be Pokemon Masters, since its a Mobile game and releases before Sword and Shield.

While i agree, the priority for the Pokemon Company might be Pokemon Masters, since its a Mobile game and releases before Sword and Shield.
But they don't even compete or steal each others' light or anything. Also, big Pokémon titles need enough coverage to build up the hype for release. Masters is certainly not a big title (in terms of coverage needed).

This time it might be different because we also got a Pokemon Masters trailer.
I think you may have a point. They announced today ANOTHER mobile game. And they are wanting these kind of games to be popular.
I hope SwSh info starts showing up a bit more. 2-3 trailers a month should be a thing i'd think. they have what 4 months practically if you even count november.

It didn't stop them when the Mewtwo-movie was being marketed.

Marketing Movies or Games is a bit different imo.

While Masters and Sword and Shield don't compete, we all know where the priority lies for the Pokemon Company: Mobile gaming.
How so? Their main console is the Switch right now and it will have the titles that move the series forward and will create merchandise for it. Those mobile titles aren't made by Gamefreak. Go might have made a lot of revenue, but it's generally low effort, high revenue for the Pokémon Company and Niantic.

Gamefreak's priority right now is to finish developing SwSh.

How in the Hell do people think that the mobile industry has priority over the freaking MAIN SERIES games. Where do you get that from? Masters isn't even being marketed more than SwSh.

Last edited:
TPCi’s sole priority is and always has been marketing Pokémon and coordinating its various projects and merchandise. It doesn’t prioritize any one game or department over the others because it doesn’t have to; that’s why they have third party developers and teams that work independently of one another to create finished products. Sure they might be commissioning more mobile games to keep up with the current industry trend models, but that doesn’t really affect any other projects they have in development; least of all their main series titles.

Last edited:
Sun and moon got 5 minutes trailer in august (alolan form reveal, new pokemon reveal, pokeride reveal, trails reveal, and z-moves)
i honestly expect a direct announcement

Back
Top Bottom