• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

This is literally the worst game in the series GameFreak should be tight lipped for. This is the game that needs to convince people that its worth the spend, and overcome the outrage.
Yeah not exactly the best idea to leave the biggest flaw of the game as the only bit of info for people to sit on.

Some people are thinking that we are only going to have 1 news drop every month.
That would be very odd, especially now that Corocoro never brings anything remotely interesting to the table anymore.

I'm starting to think we'll only see one big bews drop a month also. July in 2016 had multiple reveals, though we're at the 24th now and we've only had the July 8th trailer. Japan Expo and Corocoro didn't even have anything new.

One trailer a month might be a good thing though. By the end of Sun and Moon's pre-launch season, we knew 80% of the entire roster of new Pokemon. If they keep it up, we might go into the games only knowing about 50% of the new roster.

I'm starting to think we'll only see one big bews drop a month also. July in 2016 had multiple reveals, though we're at the 24th now and we've only had the July 8th trailer. Japan Expo and Corocoro didn't even have anything new.

One trailer a month might be a good thing though. By the end of Sun and Moon's pre-launch season, we knew 80% of the entire roster of new Pokemon. If they keep it up, we might go into the games only knowing about 50% of the new roster.
I'd rather know most of the game's roster to prepare for teambuilding. Gamefreak never seemed to have a problem with this, either.

The 'drought' this month is by no means indicative of them changing that behaviour. August/september could easily compensate for the lack of news this month. Heck, I'm not holding out for it, but we could still receive news till next week.

Weirdly even though I'm American, Unova doesn't feel like home to me but what we've seen of Galar does...I think a lot of the environments just remind me of midwest America where I live, and I assume the UK isn't too different environment-wise

I hope in the next trailer we see a good amount of more locations

Weirdly even though I'm American, Unova doesn't feel like home to me but what we've seen of Galar does...I think a lot of the environments just remind me of midwest America where I live, and I assume the UK isn't too different environment-wise

I hope in the next trailer we see a good amount of more locations
XD Well, doesn't help that Unova is more city-like, being based on Manhattan with elements of Hollywood and the like thrown in. As a representative of the US, it's more... the US from a tourist's point of view. Major cities and attractions.

Which is kind of a shame that we didn't get a region based on the US proper. There is really a lot to see here, more than just New York and LA.

But from what I've seen so far, Galar looks really rustic and makes me feel at home.

I'm trying to think about when the next real news drop could happen. I wanna say anywhere between August 1st and August 8th, since that tends to be a time they use often to drop news. So far, we've seen news drop on June 5th and July 8th. So anywhere between 8 and 15 more days we might see our next likely news drop. If that "Do you remember your first game" tweet ends up popping up again tomorrow with Gold and Silver, it could be a sign that they're doing another countdown leading up to Sword and Shield.

I'm trying to think about when the next real news drop could happen. I wanna say anywhere between August 1st and August 8th, since that tends to be a time they use often to drop news. So far, we've seen news drop on June 5th and July 8th. So anywhere between 8 and 15 more days we might see our next likely news drop. If that "Do you remember your first game" tweet ends up popping up again tomorrow with Gold and Silver, it could be a sign that they're doing another countdown leading up to Sword and Shield.
Countdowns haven't been accurate this upcoming gen yet.

Some people are thinking that we are only going to have 1 news drop every month.
I might be in the minority here, but I actually like how Game Freak isn’t spoiling everything under the sun this time around. The problem here is that they keep dropping surprise trailers instead of warning us ahead of time. If we knew when we’d get more trailers, then people would be more patient.

Aaaand there is no trailer today either. So hopefully we get one next week because that's the beginning of August and a lot of people here are saying that's when we usually get a fairly big amount of news.

At least in august we getting 2 trailers for sure because worlds

Back
Top Bottom