• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So far, Pokemon Sword and Shield have been mostly quiet with there being other things that were being heavily promoted at the same time, such as Detective Pikachu (May), Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July) and Pokemon Masters (August). They haven't shown us much like Sun and Moon have. Not even the Legendary's typing. Perhaps we'll get something in the next trailer on wednesday.
August is...5 days old. And I haven’t heard a single new thing about Pokémon Masters since it started. Most of the info we got for it was the end of July with all the release demos. CoroCoro really doesn’t have much reason to cover it over SwSh.

So anyway when does CoroCoro typically leak in August? Early, right? I know it’s usually recap stuff, but it did reveal some new Sun and Moon Pokémon. Though, with us getting a trailer Wednesday I feel like it’d be too soon for CoroCoro to then come in with even more new things.
Normally the 8th to the 10th in August. I think occasionally the 11th.

My guess for the news tomorrow: 5 new pokemon (possibly including impidimp, the squirrel on the shirt and that teapot looking pokemon), 3 new forms (gigantamax and/or possibly regional forms/whatever the 'regional evolutions' thing is)

Based on some rough numbers of how fast the news cycle seems to be this time and how many pokemon we usually get this far into the news cycle (for the last 2 gens)

I know anything can happen, it's just fun to play with the numbers ahead of time!

My guess for the news tomorrow: 5 new pokemon (possibly including impidimp, the squirrel on the shirt and that teapot looking pokemon), 3 new forms (gigantamax and/or possibly regional forms/whatever the 'regional evolutions' thing is)

Based on some rough numbers of how fast the news cycle seems to be this time and how many pokemon we usually get this far into the news cycle (for the last 2 gens)

I know anything can happen, it's just fun to play with the numbers ahead of time!
Someone actually posted a leak at the end of July that's done in poetic riddle that you have to decipher. It also hinted of the trailer airing on the 7th August.

Someone actually posted a leak at the end of July that's done in poetic riddle that you have to decipher. It also hinted of the trailer airing on the 7th August.
That one also talked about Eeveelutions.

By the way; Impidimp and that elephant-like 'mon being shown earlier, doesn't imply they'll be officially revealed sooner rather than later. This is especially the case for the latter; I guess Impidimp's chances are slightly bigger.

TL;DR: I don't think the look at the elephant/teapot was intentional, so it might be a while until it's officially shown to us.

My guess for the news tomorrow: 5 new pokemon (possibly including impidimp, the squirrel on the shirt and that teapot looking pokemon),
Yea, usually just 3 new pokemon (families), and if they reveal more, then evos of already-released pokemon.

By the way, couldn't GF take offense to some of these accurate rumors, and therefore change who the pokemon that they planned to reveal? Or something just to falsify the rumors. Heh.

By the way, couldn't GF take offense to some of these accurate rumors, and therefore change who the pokemon that they planned to reveal? Or something just to falsify the rumors. Heh.
I'm sure they probably could, though I dunno how far in advance they make these trailers lol. Could show them out of order if they wanted though.

Yea, usually just 3 new pokemon (families), and if they reveal more, then evos of already-released pokemon.

The 1th of August trailer during S/M had more than 3 evolutionary families (Oricorio, Minior, Gumshoos, Fomantis/Lurantis and Mudbray, also some Alolan forms). All in all it could go from 3 to 7 or so 'mons. I hope we see a lot, though; 7 would be nice.

Ok, guesses for tomorrow's trailer:
Galar forms
team yell
new gigamax forms
new gym leader(s)
new pokemon ofc
the cooking feature thing

and something we don't know/leaked

Predictions for the trailer tomorrow

4-5 new Pokemon, one of them being part of an evolution line.
Another gym with version exclusive gym leaders, since from how it sounds there will be more.
Evil Team (Team Yell)
Galarian forms and/or regional evolutions.

((This is assuming that the recent rumor about a new trailer for August 7th is not real.))

Last edited:
This leak was posted 30th July 2019
  • The 7th in the middle in the next month may show you more (7th August 2019)
  • Transport with tracks at a city with water galore (Blackpool Town or Birmingham City - due to canals)
  • Next times three is what the eye may see (three new Pokemon)
  • A bug with the power of 8 itself
  • A squirrel whose as red as fire
  • A colourful demon gargoyle who likes the dead of night (Impidimp)
  • Couple new guns with 1 for each. An icy cold place to protect and a Dark place to attack (Liverpool City's Version exclusive Gym Leaders: Dark Type for Sword and Ice Type for Shield)

• Outside the video is plenty
  • Some include the Champion whose a spy following you wherever you go (Leon is up to something)
  • Stories you experience are plenty, just like the 3 new Pokemon yo will see ;)
  • Map is incomplete, hidden area, buildings all around
  • Eevee how we love. Let see a couple of smiles. Might name one Arthur and the other Metallica (two new Eeveelutions with Metal and Dragon)
  • A Region all of it's own how different things adapt and appear so different
Crack the code and you will see

I've alread gotten some of them, but we'll see if this is credible tomorrow.

These leaks predict either 2 squirrel pokemon: Skrovet and Greedunt, or that red Fire chipmunk (but not both).

We know there is some kind of a squirrel pokemon that is brown.

But I am hoping for the Fire red chipmunk just cuz I'm sick of electric rodents.

Some leaks also predict Impidimp's evo as black and red and another as the same purple and pink.

Ayeeee.

This leak was posted 30th July 2019
  • The 7th in the middle in the next month may show you more (7th August 2019)
  • Transport with tracks at a city with water galore (Blackpool Town or Birmingham City - due to canals)
  • Next times three is what the eye may see (three new Pokemon)
  • A bug with the power of 8 itself
  • Couple new guns with 1 for each. An icy cold place to protect and a Dark place to attack (Liverpool City's Version exclusive Gym Leaders: Dark Type for Sword and Ice Type for Shield)

• Outside the video is plenty
  • Some include the Champion whose a spy following you wherever you go (Leon is up to something)
  • Stories you experience are plenty, just like the 3 new Pokemon yo will see ;)
  • Map is incomplete, hidden area, buildings all around
  • Eevee how we love. Let see a couple of smiles. Might name one Arthur and the other Metallica (two new Eeveelutions with Metal and Dragon)
  • A Region all of it's own how different things adapt and appear so different
Crack the code and you will see

I've alread gotten some of them, but we'll see if this is credible tomorrow.
This should be in the leak thread instead, yeah?

I am excited, this next news release (perhaps tomorrow) will really start to fill in some of the more abstract gaps, it may really feel like we have a complete preview of the game afterwards!

I am excited, this next news release (perhaps tomorrow) will really start to fill in some of the more abstract gaps, it may really feel like we have a complete preview of the game afterwards!
Tomorrow is no "perhaps" or "maybe"; it's happening.

And I disagree, I think it will take a while before we'll have a better preview of the game's content; I think we've barely covered the surface.

Tomorrow is no "perhaps" or "maybe"; it's happening.

And I disagree, I think it will take a while before we'll have a better preview of the game's content; I think we've barely covered the surface.

Oh!! That is wonderful, i had not looked far enough down on the Pokemon twitter, now I see it. :) :)

I am enjoying the idea that actually there is a lot of the game's tones and dynamics that will still be a mystery. I guess i can say I think it will be satisfying to combine what they do reveal this time with what has been revealed before!

Back
Top Bottom