• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Laugh about it....you can also laugh about dexit, but it's true and you cannot deny that tree is in every video-protest, meme or whatever about dexit.
I was upset by dexit I’m just personally choosing not to let it overshadow other things that make me excited about the new gen.

I am really not concerned with this poor ugly tree.

The trees feel like a scratch on the screen of your mobile phone; it's still usable, but it just hurts a bit to see it in a state like this.

That's my opinion.

So Morpeko is the third Pokemon they have made that is just honestly a big mood. It has a legit Hangry Form, where it gets so hungry that it's angry. Then with Sobble who just cries when it feels threatened, and Wooloo who rolls away in order to escape conflict.

These Galar Pokemon are just so relatable.

I was upset by dexit I’m just personally choosing not to let it overshadow other things that make me excited about he new gen.

I am really not concerned with this poor ugly tree.
Maybe you are missing my point. I didn't post that tree because of you people. You are taking it too personal. Did I say that you have to care about it? Why did people need to underline they don't care about that tree? Can't you just ignore it?
I was focusing on something else: there's a protest on every pokemon social media account and one of the things that people bring up while protesting is that tree. And they didn't bother to take 2 hours to fix it so that tree and Link will not be in the same picture again. This is marketing, fixing something even if something stupid but something that a lot of people are using to mock the games.
What has this to do with what you care about or not?

So Morpeko is the third Pokemon they have made that is just honestly a big mood. It has a legit Hangry Form, where it gets so hungry that it's angry. Then with Sobble who just cries when it feels threatened, and Wooloo who rolls away in order to escape conflict.

These Galar Pokemon are just so relatable.
Thus far, I still think it's the weakest roster yet.

I'm kind of underwhelmed, still.

i watched this trailer from the Japanese Pokemon youtube first and i was very impressed; many long clips of the game, lovely music cues, longer and more dramatic introductions, and i think a whole section is included that is not in the UK/English trailer!
It does still feel like a bit of a filler month of news without the big news we might be waiting for, if that is what you mean!

To be honest I was kinda hoping for a little more than 2 minutes. Oh well. Also, no new Eeveelutions so far. 3:

I LOVE Marnie's design and I get the feeling I'll love her personality too. Bebe...well... people wanted a jerk rival, and he looks almost flat out awful. He has this face that creeps me out and irritates me at the same time. I really like how your rivals seem to have their own reasons for wanting to be Champion. It'll probably make them more interesting.

Not a fan of Team Yell at all yet, but I knew I wouldn't be. They're just a little too similar to Team Skull so soon for me. Hopefully I'll warm up to them before or while playing the game like I did with Team Skull. I doubt they're the real villains. I still feel (or at least hope) we're in for an interesting story.

I was kinda on the fence about regional variants returning, but I'm happy about the ones we've seen. I'm happy to see Ziggy's line get more love and even an evolution and I really like all the designs. My only minor complaint is feeling like these new forms will overshadow the original line, especially with Galar forms having an evolution that the original line can't get. It would be nice if they go back to those lines later and maybe give the original forms an evolution too? As for Weezing... he looks cool and Fairy type was nice and unexpected... I'm just lowkey sick of seeing him.

Morpeko is okay. Kinda reminds me of a minion for some reason. His gimmick is kinda cute, but I'll still be choosing Yamper over him.

Overall it was a nice trailer.

Maybe you are missing my point. I didn't post that tree because of you people. You are taking it too personal. Did I say that you have to care about it? Why did people need to underline they don't care about that tree? Can't you just ignore it?
I was focusing on something else: there's a protest on every pokemon social media account and one of the things that people bring up while protesting is that tree. And they didn't bother to take 2 hours to fix it so that tree and Link will not be in the same picture again. This is marketing, fixing something even if something stupid but something that a lot of people are using to mock the games.
What has this to do with what you care about or not?
lol what? No one is taking things personal. You posted a picture of this tree and said basically “this tree is still ugly; GF doesn’t care ;-;”. I don’t know how much reading between the lines you expected us to do but this seems like an invitation to give our thoughts about said tree not panic about how GF is ignoring their fan base’s complaints about digital forestry.

lol what? No one is taking things personal. You posted a picture of this tree and said basically “this tree is still ugly; GF doesn’t care ;-;”. I don’t know how much reading between the lines you expected us to do but this seems like an invitation to give our thoughts about said tree not panic about how GF is ignoring their fan base’s complaints about digital forestry.
GF doesn't care about the protest. This is what I meant. I was not inviting you to discuss about the tree. The tree is still there and is still the same, there's nothing to discuss about. If you want to say something on how GF is menaging this protest, feel free, I'm interested...

I have to say while this trailer had some big reveals in it, in terms of the amount of content it was definitely smaller than what we have seen with Sun and Moon, and almost felt shorter than previous trailers. I think they are definitely going slow and steady on the reveals for this gen, which I guess I can't complain, after we got so much revealed to us with SM. This one just felt unusually small for some reason.

Maybe if we are lucky they will have another trailer at Worlds, or at least a few new Pokemon.

Comments
-So the leak continues to be pretty much spot on. I anticipate from this point on we’ll see a slow trickle of short teasers (new Pokémon, Galarian Forms, Gym Leaders) like we did with SM, now that the cat’s out of the bag with Galarian forms.
-Speakig of which, I like that regional variants are returning, and new regional evolutions are a cool idea. Now to compile my list of which Pokémon I want to see get a Galarian form and/or new regional evolution since I’m guessing most if not all of the Pokémon already confirmed to be in the Dex won’t get one...
-I think it’s pretty safe to say that Bede and Marnie will be the jerk rivals judging by their facial expressions alone.
-Team Yell definitely seems like Team Skull 2.0, hoping they get a funky encounter theme song too.

GF doesn't care about the protest. This is what I meant. I was not inviting you to discuss about the tree. The tree is still there and is still the same, there's nothing to discuss about. If you want to say something on how GF is menaging this protest, feel free, I'm interested...
You say that like changing the texture on a tree would address the whole protest when it really has absolutely nothing to do with that. Maybe they're considering the actual issue and not zeroing in on some dumb tree texture?

i watched this trailer from the Japanese Pokemon youtube first and i was very impressed; many long clips of the game, lovely music cues, longer and more dramatic introductions, and i think a whole section is included that is not in the UK/English trailer!
It does still feel like a bit of a filler month of news without the big news we might be waiting for, if that is what you mean!

I love the music in the trailer, especially the one when Marnie appears. Love the electric guitar at the beginning XD

You say that like changing the texture on a tree would address the whole protest when it really has absolutely nothing to do with that. Maybe they're considering the actual issue and not zeroing in on some dumb tree texture?
They said they were too busy with graphics and animations while deleting pokemon from the games. Remember? Now do they really expect people to act as they don't care about an ugly tree?

Look how many videos about that tree there are if you search "sword and shield tree" on youtube...
sword shield tree - YouTube

And btw, what makes you think they are actually considering the real issue? Cause I don't see any evidence...

Sun/Moon would have 35 officially revealed Pokémon by august 9th.

We are on 16 at the moment.

Sun/Moon probably showed a bit too much, but I still fear we'll have a very limited roster of new 'mons this game.

They said they were too busy with graphics and animations while deleting pokemon from the games. Remember? Now do they really expect people to act as they don't care about an ugly tree?

Look how many videos about that tree there are if you search "sword and shield tree" on youtube...
sword shield tree - YouTube

And btw, what makes you think they are actually considering the real issue? Cause I don't see any evidence...
I'm sure that the team working on the Pokémon models aren't the same team working on the tree models so yes, the ugly tree is unrelated.

And I don't expect evidence that they're considering the issue because it isn't a simple thing that they can just whip out a plan for in a matter of months. What do you want? A public statement that "we're thinking about it" just to have people get pissed off all over again when they still conclude that this is the best option? They're not going to say anything whether they're considering it or not.

Back
Top Bottom