• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

With Region Typings, we have...

Kanto (Poison/Water Type)
Johto (Flying/Water Type)
Hoenn (Water/Psychic Type)
Sinnoh (Normal/Grass Type)
Unova (Flying/Grass Type)
Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

And that's counting to first and second most typings.

By looks of Galar, it maybe mostly Dark and Steel. But only time will tell.

Also, this is the first time we have a Dark Type evil Team.

Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

steel would fit pretty well with UK I think. industrial stuff + olden day knights especially. does seem like we're getting plenty of dark types too.

Kalos (Grass/Ghost Type)
Alola (Water/Fairy Type)

Many of the Skull and Flare grunts used Dark type too. It was very prominent. Especially with the former.

I wonder if it'll be a common trait for region rodents each gen will be Normal/Dark
=/ I kinda wonder if that is a coincidence or not now too. I think it made sense in Sun and Moon with the day/night theme and now it just makes sense with the design, which they probably made just to go with Team Yell's aesthetic. Would be interesting to see what happens next Gen.

The theme for Galar is Rock Music and Sports. Team Yell has a Punk Rock vibe as well as the fanatic fans. At least their goals is a simple one. Making Marnie the Champion by helping her destroy the competition.

I think it's just a coincidence. They probably felt that Dark/Normal fit Zigzagoon/Linoone more. Besides, Normal/Dark is still better than the overused pure Normal used for regular critters (Kantonian Rattata, Sentret, Hoennian Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby, Yungoos...).

Who knows, maybe next regional rodent will be Normal/Poison or something.

Yeah I see what you mean, plus English badgers are black and white, so they probably started on the idea from there

Kantoians
Johtoians
Hoennians
Sinnohians
Unovans
Kalosians
Alolans
Galarians

If that's correct to any of you?

I like "Hoennen" for Hoenn even though it looks and maybe sounds silly. Hoennese also makes sense.

edit: corocoro could leak as soon as an hour from now, or as late as like...middle of the day on sunday I dunno.
don't get too excited though. corocoro leaks right after a news drop usually have nothing new. maybe 1 new pokemon if we're really lucky or some misc info about the games/pokemon we've seen.

Last edited:
I like "Hoennen" for Hoenn even though it looks and maybe sounds silly. Hoennese also makes sense.

edit: corocoro could leak as soon as an hour from now, or as late as like...middle of the day on sunday I dunno.
don't get too excited though. corocoro leaks right after a news drop usually have nothing new. maybe 1 new pokemon if we're really lucky or some misc info about the games/pokemon we've seen.
I will accept the types of the legendaries for my misc info from CoroCoro please. =P

But yeah, the trailer drop killed my hope for CoroCoro a bit. They really aren't being kind to it this time.

If you look at the companies/universities for Pokejobs and the sponsors to each Gym Leader, you can tell of which typing is which...

* Gym, *^ shared

Farmer (Grass) *
Wrench (Fighting) *^
Lapras (Ice) *
Whale R (Water) *
XX (Ghost) *^
railtracks (Steel) *
cookery (Fire) *
Hoot Hoot (Normal) *

Fairy I'm unsure of, and this isn't accurate, it's just a wild guess. See what you think.

The USUM guidebook already listed all of the region's demonyms. There is Kantonian, Johtonian, Hoennian, Sinnohan, Unovan, Kalosian, and Alolan, and now we know Galarian. That should be case closed?

Still, Hoennese is better.

Back
Top Bottom