• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Have we ever gotten completely new pokemon in remakes tho? unless you count meltan
They introduced new pokemon mid gen in third versions. If they can do that, then remakes should pose no problem.
great point plus evolution and adaptation (if there is a difference?) is an on going thing, and there are places on earth were they thought they discovered everything and then boom a new plant or animal is discovered there.

Asking about precedence to try and validate or invalidate the possibility of Gamefreak doing something is not a smart move anymore. That went out the window with the ORAS megas, and then again with the SM box legendaries evolving, then again again with the USUM ultra beasts, and then again again again with Meltan. Literally anything is possible, and it not happening before means absolutely nothing in terms of the possibility of it happening in the future.

Apparently someone (sorted) in the preorder secret club can play the demo for sw/sh on September 21.
XD A sweepstakes for it, even. And it looks like it's just the same demo going the rounds. How exciting. -snort-

If it's a physical copy of the demo and one of those 280 people turns out to be a dataminer, we might get something new from that, but that's probably really unlikely.

While I get it must be fun playing the demo for yourself when you have the chance, hence why it's in so many events. I'm pretty sure the fact we see this demo everywhere takes away the wow factor when you know what's coming.

While I get it must be fun playing the demo for yourself when you have the chance, hence why it's in so many events. I'm pretty sure the fact we see this demo everywhere takes away the wow factor when you know what's coming.
Maybe, but they would still get the joy of playing it to an extent before anyone else.

I really doubt that the secret preorder club will genuinely get anything interesting, though. Stuff released to "secret" clubs never stay secret, so there's just no point trying to make it an exclusive thing.

XD A sweepstakes for it, even. And it looks like it's just the same demo going the rounds. How exciting. -snort-

If it's a physical copy of the demo and one of those 280 people turns out to be a dataminer, we might get something new from that, but that's probably really unlikely.
I hope there will be no datamining this time and considering that GF is unable to release a demo without putting everything in It, I hope there will be no demo at all.
This slow news cycle, despite not helping the games situation, is a good thing. I don't remember the last time I played a pokemon game without knowing every pokemon/move/ability/stats in advance (It's stronger than me sadly, if the games leak I need to check).
I hope they will reveal no more than 30-40 pokemon (including forms) and let people discover the others.

I hope there will be no datamining this time and considering that GF is unable to release a demo without putting everything in It, I hope there will be no demo at all.
This slow news cycle, despite not helping the games situation, is a good thing. I don't remember the last time I played a pokemon game without knowing every pokemon/move/ability/stats in advance (It's stronger than me sadly, if the games leak I need to check).
I hope they will reveal no more than 30-40 pokemon (including forms) and let people discover the others.
I think they learned after last time. Notice that the LGPE demo was released months after the games were.

XD And at this rate, we might be lucky if we see 30 pokemon before release day. Not many months left and I don't think we've even broken 20 yet!

I have a feeling we get a 15 minute Pokemon Direct between 26th and 30rd of August or in the first week of September, because Gamefreak has a playable demo at Gamescom, which ends August 24th (Which is on a Saturday), where a lot of Pokemon, Gigantamax forms and characters are revealed.

I have a feeling we get a 15 minute Pokemon Direct between 26th and 30rd of August or in the first week of September, because Gamefreak has a playable demo at Gamescom, which ends August 24th (Which is on a Saturday), where a lot of Pokemon, Gigantamax forms and characters are revealed.
I dunno, with Worlds being immediately before it, I don't think Gamescom is likely to get much if anything. Remember what happened with Japan Expo.

A little heads up that I just marked this thread for potential spoilers, so we should be free to mention the contents of rumors freely now. I know we were rule breaking a bit before. XD

That said, please still discuss leaks more thoroughly in the Leak Repository? Since that's what that thread is for and I don't wanna steal from it, just cover the butt of anyone who goes "gosh I hope that teapot elephant is in the next news drop." Or like... Gigantamax Lapras, since that didn't come out of a trailer.

Please more Galarian formes. They need not reveal them all before release, but they really have somewhat rekindled my interest in the games. Probably shouldn't expect anymore major characters after the last reveal, so maybe a few more details on the ones they have shown.

Back
Top Bottom