• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

The way they're not showing us much at all worries me that they'll have less Pokemon than X and Y had. They really couldn't show any new Pokemon or non battle features?

While it is possible that they’re showing few new Pokémon because there’s so little of them (I honestly don’t think there’s going to be more than 80 new ‘mons), it could also be because GameFreak revealed many new Alola Pokémon prior to SuMo’s release and a lot of people didn’t like that. I don’t mind the lack of new Pokémon all that much, but I wish they’d make these trailers a little longer to compensate.

Last edited:
The way they're not showing us much at all worries me that they'll have less Pokemon than X and Y had. They really couldn't show any new Pokemon or non battle features?
Like I pointed out earlier, this would be a very poor decision for Game Freak in the wake of Dexit. It would make them look even worse than they currently do. If this ends up being the case, then I have to say that they really need to slow down their releases if the Switch is giving them that much trouble.

Things continue to be unconventional and unpredictable... Which, I'm honestly fine with. I don't understand any of this worry about there not being much new stuff in these games. People complained about everything being revealed in SM before release, now people are complaining that things aren't being revealed. Make up your minds, fan base. Lol

In retrospect, this was the perfect news to show off at a competitive Pokémon event. So, good job Gamefreak.

Honestly, between the art style, models, graphics, animations, characters, gimmicks and now reveals, this whole game feels and looks like a watered down Sun and Moon.

I seriously believe that we have to wait until Gen X to finally get something, half way close to a full console main line game that we all expected.

Honestly, between the art style, models, graphics, animations, characters, gimmicks and now reveals, this whole game feels and looks like a watered down Sun and Moon.

I seriously believe that we have to wait until Gen X to finally get something, half way close to a full console main line game that we all expected.
Especially considering that the plot might even be extremely similar to SM's.

Extremely nonsequitur and totally not-important-at-all thought: Will Fairy finally get its own proper held item in these games, like the Charcoal, Miracle Seed, etc.? I couldn't help but notice that those classics are still in the game, and until now, it hadn't occurred to me that since Arceus most likely won't be in SwoShi, there isn't really a need to make the Plates available. Hm.

Also, anyone wanna take a stab at what that paint palette-like bag icon is for? Looks like there's sections for Potions, Poké Balls, Battle items, Berries, Other items, TMs, ???, ???, Key items. The sparkling sphere might be evolution stones, I guess?

Hmmm

So Masaru and Yuuri're the PCs default names? Totally seems like it.

It seems like, now that Nintendo does welcome fan footage on youtube, fewer big aspects are being revealed, to make room for all of the videos of people discovering them and figuring them out. :):)

I do think the idea on the previous page makes sense, i would quote it but this is not really a direct response, that, Game Freak/Nintendo do have to leave themselves some room to improve for the immediate and subsequent next gens! having some similarities between Sword/Shield and Sun/Moon is a risk they were willing to take.

creatively speaking it is like each even numbered gen will be moreso a reworking/transformation of the previous one, just as an exhaled breath has gone through some changes, where each odd numbered gen is like taking a new breath!

RGB (inhale)
GS (exhale)
RS (inhale)
DP (exhale)
BW (inhale)
XY (exhale)
SM (inhale)
SS (exhale)

It seems like, now that Nintendo does welcome fan footage on youtube, fewer big aspects are being revealed, to make room for all of the videos of people discovering them and figuring them out. :):)

I do think the idea on the previous page makes sense, i would quote it but this is not really a direct response, that, Game Freak/Nintendo do have to leave themselves some room to improve for the immediate and subsequent next gens! having some similarities between Sword/Shield and Sun/Moon is a risk they were willing to take.

creatively speaking it is like each even numbered gen will be moreso a reworking/transformation of the previous one, just as an exhaled breath has gone through some changes, where each odd numbered gen is like taking a new breath!

RGB (inhale)
GS (exhale)
RS (inhale)
DP (exhale)
BW (inhale)
XY (exhale)
SM (inhale)
SS (exhale)
That's just confirmation-bias at work.

Also, Sw/Sh hardly feel like S/M.

I love these new reveals, but Galar Weezing's new ability was not worth a big surprise, lol. It's literally the same as Mold Breaker, Turboblaze, and Teravolt. Unless it also erases effects that only affect the bearer, like Speed Boost?

I love these new reveals, but Galar Weezing's new ability was not worth a big surprise, lol. It's literally the same as Mold Breaker, Turboblaze, and Teravolt. Unless it also erases effects that only affect the bearer, like Speed Boost?
Galarian Weezing's ability completely erases abilities. Mold Breaker and its clones just allow the Pokemon's moves to bypass abilities.

Back
Top Bottom