• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I dunno, I think that Neutralizing Gas could be useful in quite a few scenarios.

For example, you could stop Contrary Pokémon from boosting up their stats, or nullify completely Pure / Huge Power to take much lower damage from Azumarill and the likes, or stall out Magic Guard Pokémon by letting them take damage from hazards and Toxic, or stop Sand Rush / Swift Swim users on the spot, or inflict status / damage to Pokémon with damage-nullifying abilities (like using Thunder Wave on a Lightning Rod / Motor Drive Pokémon or Ground-type moves to Levitate users).

Sure, gaining an extra immunity is nice, but disabling abilities has its perks, too.

Now for a fun fact: the Trading Card Game had already an ability that neutralized Pokémon Powers, known as Toxic Gas and belonging to Muk from the Fossils series. Talk about a callback!

Could Galarian Weezing take the Alolan Muk path?

Also take note, Weezing can nullify hindering abilities for mons on your side as well. So bye bye Emergency Exit, and Truant.

I'm glad they revealed something for competitive players at Worlds. It seems they're finally taking competitive seriously.

The way they're not showing us much at all worries me that they'll have less Pokemon than X and Y had. They really couldn't show any new Pokemon or non battle features?
I really wouldn't worry about the reveals being indicative of the number of new pokemon. XY's reveal cycle was a lot like SM's with having too many reveals, so this news cycle is very clearly just keeping more stuff secret to be discovered in the game rather than spoiling it all outright.

Also, Exhaustive Beam's English name has officially been confirmed as "Steel Beam".
Haha... well, that name isn't great but I do appreciate that they kept the double-meaning nature of it.

I dunno, I think that Neutralizing Gas could be useful in quite a few scenarios.

For example, you could stop Contrary Pokémon from boosting up their stats, or nullify completely Pure / Huge Power to take much lower damage from Azumarill and the likes, or stall out Magic Guard Pokémon by letting them take damage from hazards and Toxic, or stop Sand Rush / Swift Swim users on the spot, or inflict status / damage to Pokémon with damage-nullifying abilities (like using Thunder Wave on a Lightning Rod / Motor Drive Pokémon or Ground-type moves to Levitate users).

Sure, gaining an extra immunity is nice, but disabling abilities has its perks, too.

Now for a fun fact: the Trading Card Game had already an ability that neutralized Pokémon Powers, known as Toxic Gas and belonging to Muk from the Fossils series. Talk about a callback!

Could Galarian Weezing take the Alolan Muk path?

I agree it will most certainly be useful in a lot of situations, but my point was that it won’t be overpowered nor would it always be a better choice than Levitate

Got in a stats mood, check it:

February: Magearna, wireframe Pikipek lol /// Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble, Zacian, Zamazenta

Score by this point: 1 Alola Pokémon known, 5 Galar Pokémon known

May: Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Solgaleo, Lunala /// nothing

Score: 6 Alola, 5 Galar

June: Yungoos, Pikipek, Grubbin, Rockruff, Komala (Rockruff and Komala were only shown in Corocoro until the next month) /// Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Drednaw, Corviknight, Yamper, Impidimp (Yamper and Impidimp were introduced in the demo; Yamper's formal reveal came the next month while Impidimp is still hiding)

Score: 10 Alola, 11 Galar

July: Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Drampa, Togedemaru, Bruxish, Salandit, Bewear, Mimikyu, Bounsweet, Wimpod, Comfey, Mudsdale /// Duraludon, Alcremie, Rolycoly, G-Max Corviknight, G-Max Drednaw, G-Max Alcremie

Score: 24 Alola, 17 Galar

August: Exeggutor, Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Gumshoos, Minior, Oricorio, Fomantis, Lurantis, Mudbray, Wishiwashi, Sandygast, Palossand, Pyukumuku, Meowth, Marowak, Morelull, Raichu, Tutornator, Crabrawler /// Weezing, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Obstagoon, Morpeko

Score: 45 Alola, 22 Galar

September: Rattata, Raticate, Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Lycanroc, Passimian, Oranguru /// We'll see how it goes

Score: 55 Alola, ?? Galar

October: Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne, Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Grimer, Muk, Persian, Cosmog, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini /// We'll see how it goes

Score: 73 Alola, ?? Galar

November: Diglett, Dugtrio, Xurkitree, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Kartana, Celesteela (while Kartana and Celesteela had only been leaked in Corocoro prior to release, they were formally revealed in a Japan-only release day trailer, which blows my mind, because nobody would have gotten to the post-game that quickly, meaning that all of the Ultra Beasts were essentially out of the gate from the start) /// We'll see how it goes

Score: 80 Alola, ?? Galar

Keep in mind that the Alola games only had a total of 98 designs available (80 Pokémon because Marshadow obviously wasn't going to be revealed until later, and then 18 regional variants) to show off before release. They really didn't need to go as overboard as they did.

Back
Top Bottom