• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Yea, using each pokemon once.

-

By the way, that Nintendo desc said something about pokemon's abilities are brought back after the G-Weezing leaves the field?

If that's an overriding rule, it's possible nullifying 1 G-Weezing's ability won't unnullify everyone elses.

Best way to test that is sending out a Victreebel after G-Weezing took out everyone's abilities. Then, have that Victreebel use Gastro Acid on the G-Weezing. Now that that G-Weezing's ability is gone, does that bring everyone's abilities back? Or do we have to wait for him to leave the field.

Anyways this is all stuff for GF to deal with.

Um no, my whole post is if you put out a G-Weezing in the field and there already was a G-Weezing in the field, on the opposing side.

If that opposing G-Weezing is the last ability to be nullified, then that unnullifies everyone else.

But I agree with your original scenario of putting out 2 G-Weezing's at the same time. Certainly 1 will nullify the other 1st, and that other 1 won't be able to unnullify anyone else.
Aaaauuuuugh

Neutralizing Gas prevents other abilities from being triggered, so if there is a G-Weezing already on the field, and you send out another G-Weezing, then the first G-Weezing will prevent your G-Weezing from triggering its ability. Therefor Neutralizing Gas cannot cancel out Neutralizing Gas.

But what about the pokemon already on the field, who's abilities were already-triggered? Don't they become untriggered? So there's more to it.
No, there isn't.
This Ability neutralizes the ongoing effects of other Pokémon’s Abilities and even prevents Abilities from being triggered!

All Abilities in effect when the first G-Weezing enters the field are nullified and all Abilities to activate after it are prevented from being triggered.
Second G-Weezing enters the field- can't trigger its ability.
All Abilities remain nullified.

Nothing ever gets unnullified or cancelled out by the second Neutralizing Gas on the field.

Neal said:
If a G-Weezing nullifies another G-Weezing's Neutralizing Gas,
Blah blah blah blah blah.
Anyways, nullifying, and preventing an ability from even triggering, are 2 diff things.

If it's prevented from being triggered, then there is no "if he nullifies."

And in the theory of "if he nullifies" I explain my theory on the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified, which is moot if it won't even be triggered.

You can break this into an image-tree:

Does it prevent from being triggered? If yes, go here. If no, go to "does it nullify?"

^ But I like that theory. That the 2nd Weezing can't unnullify the 1st Weezing if his ability is pre-prevented from being triggered.
It's not a theory? It's what it says on the official website.
This Ability neutralizes the ongoing effects of other Pokémon’s Abilities and even prevents Abilities from being triggered!
^^^ QUOTE FROM OFFICIAL WEBSITE ^^^

So they keep their abilities?
No? Neutralizing Gas enters field- all Abilities are neutralized as long as Neutralizing Gas is on the field.

The Abilities that triggered before it entered the field? Null.
The Abilities that would trigger after it enters the field? Null.
All Abilities are null while it is in effect.

The only remotely questionable thing is whether they did take Gastro Acid into account when they said that the pokemon with Neutralizing Gas has to leave the field before the other pokemon get their abilities back. Doesn't really make sense to me for it to still be suppressing other pokemons' abilities if a move just suppressed Neutralizing Gas. But it would also be tedious for them to explain that on the website, so I wouldn't blame them for not rounding up all of their conditional statements before writing that one out.

Anyways, nullifying, and preventing an ability from even triggering, are 2 diff things.

If it's prevented from being triggered, then there is no "if he nullifies."

And in the theory of "if he nullifies" I explain my theory on the order in which pokemon's abilities are nullified, which is moot if it won't even be triggered.
Yeah yeah, sorry I didn't fully play out how Abilities triggering works in my head in the first place, I was more focused on the fact that no matter what it is absolutely impossible for Neutralizing Gas to cancel out Neutralizing Gas.

They will be in the same game at some point...right?
Whoooo knows, we could be in the era where certain pokemon never share the same game for "balance" reasons.

That said... I'm sure that Neutralizing Gas won't affect Arceus and Silvally. Gastro Acid and Core Enforcer both don't work on their abilities and they do pretty much the same exact thing.

i wonder if g-weezing can cancel abilities like battle bond

i wonder if g-weezing can cancel abilities like battle bond
Core Enforcer and Gastro Acid can't do it, so I'm sure that Neutralizing Gas can't either.

For the record-
Core Enforcer cannot suppress Multitype, Stance Change, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System, Battle Bond, or Power Construct.
Gastro Acid fails if the target's Ability is Multitype, Stance Change, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System, Battle Bond, or Power Construct.

These lists aren't identical by coincidence and the games are designed to not block those abilities for a reason.

Last edited:
In regards to recent trailers and the amount of new pokemon shown; I think it is a shift in focus and not that there's a lack of new pokemon. I also think the quality of the trailers is generally a lot better. There's also probably fewer since they aren't pushing the 20th anniversary thing.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, so just bear with me;

First off, by this time during S/M, we knew Yungoos's evolution, but we still don't know Wooloo's evolution. Also, there were quite a few pokemon that were shown off with their evolutions during the S/M cycle; the entire Grubbin line; Fomantis, Mudbray, Sandygast; et al. We've seen very few this time around which is the first indicator that they purposefully want to show fewer pokemon.

Which leads me into my second thought; that the pokemon that are shown off seem to have been chosen way more intentionally. Eldegoss was the first evolution shown, but that's because its used by Milo and they needed to show off how dynamaxing is part of gym battles now. The second evolution shown is Obstagoon, but that was necessary for advertising the new regional evolution.

Much of the other pokemon shown off seem to have been done so with a specific reason in mind. Alcremie was used to showcase giagantamxing; Drednaw because it's used by Nessa and the demo takes place in her gym; Morpeko because it is shown with Marnie; Corviknight was shown because it's tied to a fly replacement PokeRide; Duraludon was shown because of the move naming contest; and Yamper was most likely included in the Demo to give players an electric type to use and they only wanted to have new pokemon. Galarian Zigzagoons are used by the Team Yell grunts. Galarian Weezing has a very unique new ability that was pretty interesting for showcasing at Worlds. RolyColy is the only pokemon that is sort of shown off just for fun and they didn't spoil it by showing its evolution(s).

Because of this, the focus of the trailers seems to be on the characters and new features and they are only showing off what is necessary to talk about these things. The Treehouse presentation was focused on showing the Wild Area and Max Raid battles instead of: "Here's all the new Pokemon in the first route". It felt like with S/M, all they did was shove new Pokemon in my face and things just feel different this time around. I'm kind of curious to see where things go from here now that we've just about run out of things from that leak.

In regards to recent trailers and the amount of new pokemon shown; I think it is a shift in focus and not that there's a lack of new pokemon. I also think the quality of the trailers is generally a lot better. There's also probably fewer since they aren't pushing the 20th anniversary thing.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, so just bear with me;

First off, by this time during S/M, we knew Yungoos's evolution, but we still don't know Wooloo's evolution. Also, there were quite a few pokemon that were shown off with their evolutions during the S/M cycle; the entire Grubbin line; Fomantis, Mudbray, Sandygast; et al. We've seen very few this time around which is the first indicator that they purposefully want to show fewer pokemon.

Which leads me into my second thought; that the pokemon that are shown off seem to have been chosen way more intentionally. Eldegoss was the first evolution shown, but that's because its used by Milo and they needed to show off how dynamaxing is part of gym battles now. The second evolution shown is Obstagoon, but that was necessary for advertising the new regional evolution.

Much of the other pokemon shown off seem to have been done so with a specific reason in mind. Alcremie was used to showcase giagantamxing; Drednaw because it's used by Nessa and the demo takes place in her gym; Morpeko because it is shown with Marnie; Corviknight was shown because it's tied to a fly replacement PokeRide; Duraludon was shown because of the move naming contest; and Yamper was most likely included in the Demo to give players an electric type to use and they only wanted to have new pokemon. Galarian Zigzagoons are used by the Team Yell grunts. Galarian Weezing has a very unique new ability that was pretty interesting for showcasing at Worlds. RolyColy is the only pokemon that is sort of shown off just for fun and they didn't spoil it by showing its evolution(s).

Because of this, the focus of the trailers seems to be on the characters and new features and they are only showing off what is necessary to talk about these things. The Treehouse presentation was focused on showing the Wild Area and Max Raid battles instead of: "Here's all the new Pokemon in the first route". It felt like with S/M, all they did was shove new Pokemon in my face and things just feel different this time around. I'm kind of curious to see where things go from here now that we've just about run out of things from that leak.
For the most part, I agree, but I think it is noteworthy that Rolycoly and Yamper both also had new abilities to reveal... because Grookey actually would have kicked Drednaw's ass more than any Electric-type.

And if I'm not mistaken, they're both just very notably British pokemon in general, so they help set the theme of the region.

For the most part, I agree, but I think it is noteworthy that Rolycoly and Yamper both also had new abilities to reveal... because Grookey actually would have kicked Drednaw's ass more than any Electric-type.

And if I'm not mistaken, they're both just very notably British pokemon in general, so they help set the theme of the region.

I feel like they don't care as much about new abilities this time around. Whereas S/M trailers would show how the ability works in battle, now they are only explained on the website. I think you're right in that it is because Yamper and Rolycoly are both themed to the region.

And while Grookey would be more effective against Drednaw, without Yamper, they would had to have given you Gossifluer or Eldegloss to create a team of six pokemon. Electric is the only other type super effective against water so it just makes sense to have one of each instead of two grass types.

Back
Top Bottom