• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I feel like they don't care as much about new abilities this time around. Whereas S/M trailers would show how the ability works in battle, now they are only explained on the website. I think you're right in that it is because Yamper and Rolycoly are both themed to the region.

And while Grookey would be more effective against Drednaw, without Yamper, they would had to have given you Gossifluer or Eldegloss to create a team of six pokemon. Electric is the only other type super effective against water so it just makes sense to have one of each instead of two grass types.
XD You say that like anyone really needed all that many to take on Nessa's exactly two pokemon. And the gym trainers didn't even have Water-types or more than one pokemon each.

I think galarian weezing was chosen bc of uniq dual typing and ability. Notice we got imdimp. 2 till now. The ability to neutralize abilities makes me want for a other new move then gastro acid that could do this. Core enforcerer was too legendary. Weird but a psychic or ghost type should also be able to do this actually. Smoke and gas pokes... Gengar line, Torkoal, Musharna, Heatmor... A smoke or gas move to do it too? Hypno?
Viplume or Gloom, a grass or bug type line should or could get something like this.
If its Galar weezings secoindary ability maybe there is a pokemon thats first ability?

The rest are chosen to not show much in reality this gen.

We got rodent, dog, bird like in the past.

The new dragon/steel and flying/steel were fan fishesh for long. I wanted since gen 5 those. How many dual types were rarely use? Steel/fighting?

Actually we didnt seen much of this generation... 20 pokemon. 3 gmax forms and Hanger mode. 4 Galar forms. Makes hope for 65 more pokemon, 12 to 15 galar forms, 10 to 15 more G-forms.

2 new type combinations? How many previous generations and how many left?

Not many new moves ... 20 counting
G-max and Max-moves.

5 new abilities? All seem random and average till now? How much did we get in gen 6 and 7?

I think galarian weezing was chosen bc of uniq dual typing and ability. Notice we got imdimp. 2 till now.
They don't reveal things just because of "unique dual typing"- it really isn't as exciting to reveal as you think. They haven't even officially revealed Impidimp yet so no attention has really been drawn to its type on their part- pretty sure you could even challenge it in the demo without noticing what type it was unless you took the time to figure out how to analyze it.

G-Weezing's reveal was to show off Galarian forms and then its ability at Worlds, since it would actually have an impact on competitive, which is what Worlds is all about.

The new dragon/steel and flying/steel were fan fishesh for long. I wanted since gen 5 those. How many dual types were rarely use? Steel/fighting?
I assume you meant "fan wishes" and I don't see how when Dialga and Skarmory have existed for a long time now.

pretty sure you could even challenge it in the demo without noticing what type it was unless you took the time to figure out how to analyze it.
Were there even enough move types in the demo to use against an Impidimp to narrow down its type as Dark/Fairy? Somehow I don’t think so since most Pokemon’s types (Fire,Water,Grass,Electric,Rock,Normal etc.) don’t interact with Fairy.

Yamper’s play rough could give a clue but that’s still a huge reach.

Were there even enough move types in the demo to use against an Impidimp to narrow down its type as Dark/Fairy? Somehow I don’t think so since most Pokemon’s types (Fire,Water,Grass,Electric,Rock,Normal etc.) don’t interact with Fairy.

Yamper’s play rough could give a clue but that’s still a huge reach.
I thought like SM you can see the info of the pokemon you're battling. So that's how they found out.

I mean at least this month we got 2 trailers, better then last month with only 1..

Back
Top Bottom