• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

The tweet by the official Pokémon stated that there’s a lot more to know about the Pokémon we already discovered, and that they’ll share some fact about these new Pokémon in the coming few days.

While it might not be about the starters, or evolutions, it’s pretty clear that they’ll show or explain stuff about Pokémon they already revealed.

Well... we might get evolutions for mons that are already revealed, since you can put that under: We get too know more about the already revealed Pokemon, it can evolve (Or not).

I’m thinking from the looks of the tweet that it won’t be anything quite as deep (for lack of a better word) as a new Pokemon in any capacity. It sounds like they’re just going to delve slightly deeper into the lore of the Pokémon they’ve revealed so far.
Definitely agree that they will most likely not be showing any new pokemon or evolutions on the twitter and it will mainly just be stuff as deep as the Kanto pokemon facts we just suffered for half a year.

If it at least includes more information on the two wolves, I'll be happy.

You mean just like how they show a new Pokémon at Worlds? To name only the most recent of many, many examples of how past promo cycles mean nothing for predicting this one.
Crabrawler was the only actual new Pokemon to ever be revealed at Worlds. XY and ORAS only had megas, USUM only had an exclusive Z-Move, and LGPE had a demo but no new information was revealed.

Crabrawler was the only actual new Pokemon to ever be revealed at Worlds. XY and ORAS only had megas, USUM only had an exclusive Z-Move, and LGPE had a demo but no new information was revealed.
I would say that Megas counted as new pokemon reveals for XY and ORAS.

Same goes for Japan Expo, though- they've had a new pokemon revealed every generation since XY and got skimped this gen so I have to agree that this reveal cycle has been very irregular and we shouldn't hold that it will definitely in any way imitate past news cycles.

I would say that Megas counted as new pokemon reveals for XY and ORAS.

Same goes for Japan Expo, though- they've had a new pokemon revealed every generation since XY and got skimped this gen so I have to agree that this reveal cycle has been very irregular and we shouldn't hold that it will definitely in any way imitate past news cycles.
I don't count Megas as new Pokemon for a reason.

They don't because they don't have unique National Dex numbers. It's like calling other temporary forms "new Pokemon".
They don't count as new pokemon in the dex, but in terms of new designs and future merchandise- they count as new pokemon. They were still new design reveals. New forms are just as important as new pokemon.

Definitely agree that they will most likely not be showing any new pokemon or evolutions on the twitter and it will mainly just be stuff as deep as the Kanto pokemon facts we just suffered for half a year.

If it at least includes more information on the two wolves, I'll be happy.

That it is being spread out across multiple days is interesting!! it will hopefully, by the conclusion, be not much less than half the amount of information we have been getting in the full news videos!

After seeing the background color of the tcg cards at the dc event i guess the mascots are pure steel
Well, not necessarily-the TCG doesn't usually do dual-typing. But it looks like Steel might be confirmed as one of the types!
XD How can either of you tell? It just looks like a holographic colorful background to me.

Oh, here are the cards if anyone else wants to admire them and try to make heads or tails out of the background color-

View: https://youtu.be/Ati83flws44?t=286

Gotta be honest, though, I don't think the cards whose art extends to the entire card actually have a type color indicator for the background.

Gotta be honest, though, I don't think the cards whose art extends to the entire card actually have a type color indicator for the background.
They sometimes do, but it's hard to tell apart from the background art in some cases. And this is assuming that these V cards don't do anything special with their types, too.

It's really weird that they go through so much to hide these types, though. Even Xerneas and Yvetal were revealed in July, and Xerneas was a new type. What's so special about Zacian and Zamazenta that merits this much secrecy?

Back
Top Bottom