• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

This is not just a recolor. There are different objects on Alcreamie body depending on the form. This means the models are different and it's not just a recolor/texture change like for Vivillon or Silvally.

What they could have done was keep the base mesh of Alcreamie the same across each form, and made the friuts on top of them as accessories. That's no different from trainer customization in my eyes.

What they could have done was keep the base mesh of Alcreamie the same across each form, and made the friuts on top of them as accessories. That's no different from trainer customization in my eyes.
They could have simply avoided the fruit change. I just pointed out that it's weird to receive a pokemon with 18 forms (with models changes) from a company who just a couple of months ago said it had trouble working with 1000+ models. I mean, couldn't they create just one or two more forms, do they really need to complicate their lives even more with 18 new models to add to the total for a single (not that important) pokemon?

They could have simply avoided the fruit change. I just pointed out that it's weird to receive a pokemon with 18 forms (with models changes) from a company who just a couple of months ago said it had trouble working with 1000+ models. I mean, couldn't they create just one or two more forms, do they really need to complicate their lives even more with 18 new models to add to the total for a single (not that important) pokemon?
It's a small detail and they had already given up on including all 1000+ models in the game. Plus again- it's not 18 new models, the majority of them are just recolors. Alcremie appears to have only five unique toppings (strawberries, clovers, blueberries, hearts, and flowers). So at most, it only has five unique models. Hardly anything to fuss over.

And since I just did the math, as of Gen 7 we have...

809 Pokemon
+27 Unown
+3 Castform
+3 Deoxys
+2 Burmy
+2 Wormadam
+1 Cherrim
+1 Shellos
+1 Gastrodon
+5 Rotom
+1 Giratina
+1 Shaymin
+1 Basculin
+1 Darmanitan
+3 Sawsbuck
+3 Forces of Nature
+2 Kyurem
+1 Keldeo
+1 Meloetta
+9 Furfrou
+1 Aegislash
+2 Zygarde
+1 Hoopa
+3 Oricorio
+1 Lycanroc
+1 Wishiwashi
+1 Mimikyu
+3 Necrozma
+46 Mega Evolutions
+18 Alolan Forms

Total: 954 unique models, not counting any recolors.

So for Gen 8 to have over 1000 models, it would only take having at least 47 new pokemon or forms in Sword and Shield.

And that list isn't even counting:
+2 Overdrive Kyurem
+1 Dusk Lycanroc
+1 Ash-Greninja
+5 Cosplay Pikachu
+1 Hat Pikachu

It's a small detail and they had already given up on including all 1000+ models in the game. Plus again- it's not 18 new models, the majority of them are just recolors. Alcremie appears to have only five unique toppings (strawberries, clovers, blueberries, hearts, and flowers). So at most, it only has five unique models. Hardly anything to fuss over.

809 Pokemon
+27 Unown
+3 Castform
+3 Deoxys
+2 Burmy
+2 Wormadam
+1 Cherrim
+1 Shellos
+1 Gastrodon
+5 Rotom
+1 Giratina
+1 Shaymin
+1 Basculin
+1 Darmanitan
+3 Sawsbuck
+3 Forces of Nature
+2 Kyurem
+1 Keldeo
+1 Meloetta
+9 Furfrou
+1 Aegislash
+2 Zygarde
+1 Hoopa
+3 Oricorio
+1 Lycanroc
+1 Wishiwashi
+1 Mimikyu
+3 Necrozma
+46 Mega Evolutions
+18 Alolan Forms

So for Gen 8 to have over 1000 models, it would only take having at least 47 new pokemon or forms in Sword and Shield.

+2 Overdrive Kyurem
+1 Dusk Lycanroc
+1 Ash-Greninja
+5 Cosplay Pikachu
+1 Hat Pikachu
Thank you for the research but...Alcreamie forms count in the 1000+ considering there's a small model change. In any case, I'm not the one having problems with the forms, they could create 30 more, I don't care. My point (again) was about them complaining about the models they have to work on while creating a game. Do you agree with me it's a weird choice to create a pokemon with so many forms if they really stuggle with the models as they said?

Thank you for the research but...Alcreamie forms count in the 1000+ considering there's a small model change. In any case, I'm not the one having problems with the forms, they could create 30 more, I don't care. My point (again) was about them complaining about the models they have to work on while creating a game. Do you agree with me it's a weird choice to create a pokemon with so many forms if they really stuggle with the models as they said?
No? They made the decision to cut pokemon from the game, meaning that while it would have been an issue to include all 1000+ models in the game, they don't have to worry about that now and so adding more forms to a pokemon isn't an issue. You see? They removed the issue. They can do anything now because it's not a problem that they have to worry about anymore. You're looking at it as someone who is still wanting to fit every pokemon in the game but GameFreak already gave up on that dream and is just making use of the resulting freedom.

809 Pokemon
+27 Unown
+3 Castform
+3 Deoxys
+2 Burmy
+2 Wormadam
+1 Cherrim
+1 Shellos
+1 Gastrodon
+5 Rotom
+1 Giratina
+1 Shaymin
+1 Basculin
+1 Darmanitan
+3 Sawsbuck
+3 Forces of Nature
+2 Kyurem
+1 Keldeo
+1 Meloetta
+9 Furfrou
+1 Aegislash
+2 Zygarde
+1 Hoopa
+3 Oricorio
+1 Lycanroc
+1 Wishiwashi
+1 Mimikyu
+3 Necrozma
+46 Mega Evolutions
+18 Alolan Forms

+2 Overdrive Kyurem
+1 Dusk Lycanroc
+1 Ash-Greninja
+5 Cosplay Pikachu
+1 Hat Pikachu
Yup, and with Megas and Alolan Forms that puts us over 1000 prior to Sword and Shield. Plus technically Meowstic, Pyroar, Unfezant, Frillish, and Jellicent since their Male/Female models are drastically different from one another.

Yup, and with Megas and Alolan Forms that puts us over 1000 prior to Sword and Shield. Plus technically Meowstic, Pyroar, Unfezant, Frillish, and Jellicent since their Male/Female models are drastically different from one another.
I actually did count Megas and Alolan Forms in that list. XD But I totally forgot gender differences. I should really tally those up too.

No? They made the decision to cut pokemon from the game, meaning that while it would have been an issue to include all 1000+ models in the game, they don't have to worry about that now and so adding more forms to a pokemon isn't an issue. You see? They removed the issue. They can do anything now because it's not a problem that they have to worry about anymore. You're looking at it as someone who is still wanting to fit every pokemon in the game but GameFreak already gave up on that dream and is just making use of the resulting freedom.
Not really. I'm someone who is thinking that next time they want to put Alcreamie in a game, they have to work on 5 models and 18 textures for a single pokemon that most likely will be forgotten in the moment it looses its giga form (gen 9). I just think that this is a wrong choice for them (if they're really struggling with the models) cause they had a problem with the numbers and they keep adding numbers to the models when there's really no need to.

Not really. I'm someone who is thinking that next time they want to put Alcreamie in a game, they have to work on 5 models and 18 textures for a single pokemon that most likely will be forgotten in the moment it looses its giga form (gen 9). I just think that this is a wrong choice for them (if they're really struggling with the models) cause they had a problem with the numbers and they keep adding numbers to the models when there's really no need to.
They're not struggling with models in general, though, it's the sheer total number of them. If they tame their expectations back to only having to deal with 400-600 per game regardless of however many total number of models exist, then those few extra forms aren't going to be a big deal (also the differences between Alcremie's forms are so minor that they wouldn't be a hassle anyway, it's such a miniscule amount of extra work).

Cramorant - I can actually see myself using him sometime. It looks goofy but some how I am ok with him. I guess I just expect bird pokemon to look cool or goofy. Honestly this pokemon reminds me of the blue footed booby bird.
Polteageist is growing on me. i like the colors they chose for it. I probably won't use it.
I can't say i dislike either pokemon. just morpeko so far haha.
Loving Alcremie's color variation. I am so glad they did something like that. I kinda like alot of the fan art stuff of that more but I am happy with this. It seems to reflect it's gigantamax layers.
the camping looks like alot of fun and I am loving all the trainer customization options. I just hope we get a nice variety of choices towards the beginning of the game too.
I noticed all the eeveelutions were shown together in the trailer, I think that we may not get a new one this time. It would have been the perfect time to slip one in there if there was a new one.
pleased with the trailer.

They're not struggling with models in general, though, it's the sheer total number of them. If they tame their expectations back to only having to deal with 400-600 per game regardless of however many total number of models exist, then those few extra forms aren't going to be a big deal (also the differences between Alcremie's forms are so minor that they wouldn't be a hassle anyway, it's such a miniscule amount of extra work).
Sorry but why do they have to cut features from the game cause they cannot manage so many models instead of creating less (unuseful) models so they have more time to focus on something else? Honestly, do we need 18 Alcreamie?

yeah 18 is a bit much. i kinda expected a total of four if they were going to do color variations.

I actually did count Megas and Alolan Forms in that list. XD But I totally forgot gender differences. I should really tally those up too.
Oof, looking at the list of gender differences, most of them are so minor I'm not sure they're worth counting (similar to Overdrive Kyurem just gaining some wires). Let's just count Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent, Pyroar and Meowstic for an extra 5 on that total- so we're at 959 unique models prior to Sword and Shield.

Sorry but why do they have to cut features from the game cause they cannot manage so many models instead of creating less (unuseful) models so they have more time to focus on something else? Honestly, do we need 18 Alcreamie?
5 Alcremie. The color changes are basically like shinies and require barely any time or effort.

And sorry, but why should they not have fun with designs because some fans expect them to use their time to try to cram as many pokemon as possible into the game?

Oof, looking at the list of gender differences, most of them are so minor I'm not sure they're worth counting (similar to Overdrive Kyurem just gaining some wires). Let's just count Unfezant, Frillish, Jellicent, Pyroar and Meowstic for an extra 5 on that total- so we're at 959 unique models prior to Sword and Shield.

5 Alcremie. The color changes are basically like shinies and require barely any time or effort.

And sorry, but why should they not have fun with designs because some fans expect them to use their time to try to cram as many pokemon as possible into the game?
Because apparently they don't have fun each time they have to rework on them :) And I never said they had to use that time to include more pokemon...

Because apparently they don't have fun each time they have to rework on them :) And I never said they had to use that time to include more pokemon...
Look, if we all decided to limit ourselves based on worrying that we won't enjoy something again in the future, then no one would do anything. Why pick up a new hobby? You might not like doing it later. The idea that they shouldn't do something because it might not be fun later down the road is really just... it's nonsense. They might not have fun having to work on any of those pokemon again later, so why make any new pokemon at all? Why make any new games?

It's a fun detail right now and it's not even going to be a major part of their workload in the future, so it's not a big deal. It's five different forms of Alcremie and a bunch of colors that they only have to put a color slider on (oh yeah and if you didn't know about this- programs can just change the color of something very easily. I could take any of those Alcremie right now and turn it purple in ten seconds, the majority of which time will just be me actually opening Photoshop).

Look, if we all decided to limit ourselves based on worrying that we won't enjoy something again in the future, then no one would do anything. Why pick up a new hobby? You might not like doing it later. The idea that they shouldn't do something because it might not be fun later down the road is really just... it's nonsense. They might not have fun having to work on any of those pokemon again later, so why make any new pokemon at all? Why make any new games?

It's a fun detail right now and it's not even going to be a major part of their workload in the future, so it's not a big deal. It's five different forms of Alcremie and a bunch of colors that they only have to put a color slider on (oh yeah and if you didn't know about this- programs can just change the color of something very easily. I could take any of those Alcremie right now and turn it purple in ten seconds, the majority of which time will just be me actually opening Photoshop).
You keep talking as if it was my problem. THEY said they had problems with the models not me.

• "We have 1000+ pokemon including forms nowdays, it's difficult". June 2019
  • "You know what? We created a pokemon with 18 forms....". September 2019
Me: Why? Why creating 18 forms that are almost the same? Why, if you already have tons of pokemon and forms to deal with each gen? Who would have cared if you didn't do that? I mean, I'm a bit confused but I think they are bit confused too.

You keep talking as if it was my problem. THEY said they had problems with the models not me.

• "We have 1000+ pokemon including forms nowdays, it's difficult". June 2019
  • "You know what? We created a pokemon with 18 forms....". September 2019
Me: Why? Why creating 18 forms that are almost the same? Why, if you already have tons of pokemon and forms to deal with each gen? Who would have cared if you didn't do that? I mean, I'm a bit confused but I think they are bit confused to.
For them, creating those forms is a non-issue. The problem they had with the models was the idea of trying to include all of them. They aren't planning to deal with all of those hundreds of pokemon and forms each gen anymore. They are planning to only deal with a reasonable portion of them each gen. So those five extra forms aren't an issue.

For them, creating those forms is a non-issue. The problem they had with the models was the idea of trying to include all of them. They aren't planning to deal with all of those hundreds of pokemon and forms each gen anymore. They are planning to only deal with a reasonable portion of them each gen. So those five extra forms aren't an issue.
At some point the models and the textures will be redone and at some point these 18 alcreamie will be redone too. The number of pokemon is a problem nowdays and it had its consequences already. Please, explain me why 18 and not 3 color changes with the same model. Really give a reason why these games needed 18 alcreamie in a moment when they had to cut off hundreds of pokemon because they didn't have time to work on all the models.
You would think that the things that happen in history make you learn what to do in the future, right? If Unown, Alcreamie, Furfrou, Vivillon and Silvally happen to be in the same game they will need to work on 39 models and 60+ textures for just 5 pokemon...It's absurd right?

Back
Top Bottom