• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

At some point the models and the textures will be redone and at some point these 18 alcreamie will be redone too. The number of pokemon is a problem nowdays and it had its consequences already. Please, explain me why 18 and not 3 color changes with the same model. Really give a reason why these games needed 18 alcreamie in a moment when they had to cut off hundreds of pokemon because they didn't have time to work on all the models.
You would think that the things that happen in history make you learn what to do in the future, right? If Unown, Alcreamie, Furfrou, Vivillon and Silvally happen to be in the same game they will need to work on 39 models and 60+ textures for just 5 pokemon...It's absurd right?
5 Alcremie. There are only 5 Alcremie models. I can't say it enough times- only five.

And because I said I could do it, here's a purple Alcremie just for the heck of it-

5 Alcremie. There are only 5 Alcremie models. I can't say it enough times- only five.

And because I said I could do it, here's a purple Alcremie just for the heck of it-

View attachment 124599
I counted 5, do the math. But the textures need a bit of time too, you know, and when you already have 600 textures to improve 3 or 18 makes the difference.

Where did Serebii find all the alcremie forms? I don't see them on the pokemon site and don't recall seeing them all in the direct

It’s honestly baffling why they would limit the options for male characters.

Maybe it's because of the stereotype that caring a lot about appearance is feminine, so therefore the devs don't add as many options for male players because they assume that male players don't care that much. Or something like that.

The jpns trailer revealed cramorant perfectly

View attachment 124589
View attachment 124590

The Japanese trailers have been pretty on point this entire news cycle in my opinion. I honesty prefer them over the English trailers, and head over to the Japanese channel to watch the newest trailer after I've seen the English one.

The fruits have different textures for sure and each of the texture file needs to be reassembled with the different objects and colors.

I also don't know if these two types share the same textures:
That still amounts to only five models with one texture each, four of which would just be a minor edit of the first. The body colors really don't count since they can be easily programmed.

And yeah, those two definitely share the same body texture. There's just a gradient thrown in for the highlights on one.

What I saw was...cute. I didn't have high expectations for the camping feature, figured it would just be Amie/Refresh with curry. But it is adorable and I love it. I've always kinda wanted more in team interaction, so seeing your team actually all in the camp together and playing makes me excited. The playing and the curry making looks fun and adorable too. Being able to visit other camps seems great too, probably won't be as fun as visiting other Secret Bases in Hoenn, but still cool. Seeing trainer customization wasn't really anything surprising, I do already see some outfits I want though.

Not a huge fan of the bird, but he's okay. I think I'm just not really thrilled with another Water/Flying (or Flying/Water in this case). The ghost is cute, don't think I'll use him though.

Where did Serebii find all the alcremie forms? I don't see them on the pokemon site and don't recall seeing them all in the direct

Pokemon twitter

Besides different Pokemon Twitter accounts, if you click on the green Alcremie, which is in the camping section on the SwSh website, it will show you another form. I've seen several different flavors, including the ones shown by Serebii. Sometimes glitches out and doesn't show a different flavor though.

That still amounts to only five models with one texture each, four of which would just be a minor edit of the first. The body colors really don't count since they can be easily programmed.

And yeah, those two definitely share the same body texture. There's just a gradient thrown in for the highlights on one.
Also Silvally needs a minor editing, the point is that there'll be work to do anyway and I still don't understand why. Even the ugly meme tree needed 2 hours to be improved and they didn't take those two hours so I don't see why they made this decision considering they don't have that much time to work on textures and models.

Also Silvally needs a minor editing, the point is that there'll be work to do anyway and I still don't understand why. Even the ugly meme tree needed 2 hours to be improved and they didn't take those two hours so I don't see why they made this decision considering they don't have that much time to work on textures and models.

My guess is that the time spent on the Alcremie forms would only be enough for a few old Pokémon models to be (re)made. I’m guessing GameFreak/Creatures Inc. would much prefer to put time towards a new, cute, possibly marketable Pokémon with a semi-unique gimmick rather than a handful of (most likely obscure) old Pokémon with limited marketing potential.

My guess is that the time spent on the Alcremie forms would only be enough for a few old Pokémon models to be (re)made. I’m guessing GameFreak/Creatures Inc. would much prefer to put time towards a new, cute, possibly marketable Pokémon with a semi-unique gimmick rather than a handful of (most likely obscure) old Pokémon with limited marketing potential.
Of course. My point is that at some point Alcreamie and its 18 forms will become the oscure old pokemon with limited marketing potential. I just think that we are in moment when they should think about the things they make and their potential for the future. In about 10 years what today is a marketable new mon will become a tedious pokemon to model and program. They are cutting pokemon from the games, why do they still think that 18 new forms is still a good idea? This confuses me.

Of course. My point is that at some point Alcreamie and its 18 forms will become the oscure old pokemon with limited marketing potential. I just think that we are in moment when they should think about the things they make and their potential for the future. In about 10 years what today is a marketable new mon will become a tedious pokemon to model and program. They are cutting pokemon from the games, why do they still think 18 forms is a good idea? This confuses me.
Five... still. Just five forms with a few different recolors. It's not a big deal or really even all that time-consuming.

And making it a policy to limit creativity for future's sake would be pretty detrimental, to be honest. "Oh don't do that, we might not want to do that again later," takes a lot of potential ideas and throws them on the floor out of the pessimism that you're not going to want to bother with it later. You just can't live in fear of the future or you will miss out on a lot of great opportunities in the present. Also really hurt someone's enjoyment of working on the game, because you know that someone must have had fun coming up with that pokemon and to have a policy of "No, don't do little fun things because we're afraid of our future workload" is probably the quickest way to make their employees hate the franchise and just run the entire ship into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom