• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Hmm

At some point the models and the textures will be redone and at some point these 18 alcreamie will be redone too. The number of pokemon is a problem nowdays and it had its consequences already. Please, explain me why 18 and not 3 color changes with the same model. Really give a reason why these games needed 18 alcreamie in a moment when they had to cut off hundreds of pokemon because they didn't have time to work on all the models.
You would think that the things that happen in history make you learn what to do in the future, right? If Unown, Alcreamie, Furfrou, Vivillon and Silvally happen to be in the same game they will need to work on 39 models and 60+ textures for just 5 pokemon...It's absurd right?

The thing is, if Alcremie isn’t included in gen 10 or whatever, they don’t need to worry about however many slightly different Alcereamie forms there are. It just doesn’t appear in that particular game. Which frees up time and space for that many more ‘mons. And when it does make a reappearance, it’ll either be limited to it’s “official” form, or they’ll tweak that particular regional ‘dex to accommodate.

As I’ve stated in other comments, I’m not a fan of dexit; but I understand how continuously adding in the past 900 (or whatever number) could become stifling while still trying to put in a decent number of new Pokémon.

Don't forget the Tokyo Game Show is this month.
This will be on September 11th, which is around the same time Corocoro tends to leak, though Corocoro hasn't been reliable this news cycle for new information. The Tokyo Game Show seems more possible than events like the LA County Fair and the Texas State Fair.

Also another date we might wanna keep our eyes on. October 16th, Game Freak is hosting a 30th anniversary special live stream. It does say Junichi Masuda will be involved, though there's no mention of Pokemon news. Just talk of Little Town Hero....
View: https://twitter.com/gonintendotweet/status/1169418927014912005?s=21

Last edited:
Five... still. Just five forms with a few different recolors. It's not a big deal or really even all that time-consuming.

And making it a policy to limit creativity for future's sake would be pretty detrimental, to be honest. "Oh don't do that, we might not want to do that again later," takes a lot of potential ideas and throws them on the floor out of the pessimism that you're not going to want to bother with it later. You just can't live in fear of the future or you will miss out on a lot of great opportunities in the present. Also really hurt someone's enjoyment of working on the game, because you know that someone must have had fun coming up with that pokemon and to have a policy of "No, don't do little fun things because we're afraid of our future workload" is probably the quickest way to make their employees hate the franchise and just run the entire ship into the ground.
Stop this creativity thing, please, it's annoying. We have been playing the same game for 23 years. They have always lived in fear, and they always will. If creativity was important to them we would have received an ambitious game, not the same structure of 1996 with mediocre graphics, reused models and animations and Charizard as the champion's main pokemon.
Oh, and Alcreamie has 18 forms not 5. Forms not models.

Stop this creativity thing, please, it's annoying. We have been playing the same game for 23 years. They have always lived in fear, and they always will. If creativity was important to them we would have received an ambitious game, not the same structure of 1996 with mediocre graphics, reused models and animations and Charizard as the champion's main pokemon.
Oh, and Alcreamie has 18 forms not 5. Forms not models.
Over 18 forms, in that case. But it doesn't really matter because in terms of actual workload, it only has five. The body recolors take no actual effort to implement and have no impact on the present or future in terms of work.

And I think you are confusing choice with fear. Not making a game that counts as "ambitious" by your standards is a choice.

I think it might be worth pointing out that we seem to be missing a 6th Alcremie topping. The one with a star on it, since that's shown on the Gigantamax form.

If we're going with what we have - 5 toppings and 8 different colorations, we'd have 40 variants, if we include the star topping, then it'd be 48 variants.

Also it seems Cramorant with the fish in it's mouth is called its Gulping Form.

Over 18 forms, in that case. But it doesn't really matter because in terms of actual workload, it only has five. The body recolors take no actual effort to implement and have no impact on the present or future in terms of work.

And I think you are confusing choice with fear. Not making a game that counts as "ambitious" by your standards is a choice.
No no, It's fear...I understand that fear from the point of view of a billionaire company but It's always a choice made because of fear (to lose money).

No no, It's fear...I understand that fear from the point of view of a billionaire company but It's always a choice made because of fear (to lose money).
Whatever, you do you.

Alcremie's forms are still negligible workload that will have no future impact due to its ability to be quickly implemented.

Whatever, you do you.

Alcremie's forms are still negligible workload that will have no future impact due to its ability to be quickly implemented.
They made these choices, their problems. I just hope in 5 years they will stop complain about the problems they create and they will not delete the starters because they have to much work to do with the models...As I said, 18 or 30 is not a problem for me.

Only stating, so far, we don't have any Bug, Psychic, Ice, Ground, Poison, and Fighting pokémon showed. I hope they reveal some of them soon.
Add: I'm not considering Galarian Weezing as a new pokémon.

Only stating, so far, we don't have any Bug, Psychic, Ice, Ground, Poison, and Fighting pokémon showed. I hope they reveal some of them soon.
Add: I'm not considering Galarian Weezing as a new pokémon.
Maybe Zacian and Zamazenta will take some of those types (Fighting or ground would fit better than the others imo). But yeah It's totally weird we don't have any bug...

They made these choices, their problems. I just hope in 5 years they will stop complain about the problems they create and they will not delete the starters because they have to much work to do with the models...As I said, 18 or 30 is not a problem for me.
Honestly, you're making a big deal about forms that really don't add much development time at all. Aside from color changes, they only have to texture Alcremie once. They only have to draw the details for that texture once, they only have to shade it once. Changing the color is easy and takes no time at all. They only have to rig and animate the pokemon once. They only have to create the wire frame once and make five small alterations at most. And its design is so simple to begin with. The amount of work to create Alcremie's 18+ forms is pretty much equal to the work to create any other single form Pokémon. If it had 18+ forms with totally different designs like Oricorio, I would understand your point, but that's not what we have here. It's a complete non-issue.

This is utter nonsense lol
“Stop considering things to be creative when I personally find them repetitive!!”
It’s subjective. And I would argue that they have had a ton of creative features, mechanics, characters, places, and Pokémon throughout the years.

Back
Top Bottom