• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Stop this creativity thing, please, it's annoying. We have been playing the same game for 23 years. They have always lived in fear, and they always will. If creativity was important to them we would have received an ambitious game, not the same structure of 1996 with mediocre graphics, reused models and animations and Charizard as the champion's main pokemon.
Oh, and Alcreamie has 18 forms not 5. Forms not models.

Psssst, just because you think somethings “repetitive” and “unambitious” doesn’t mean everyone thinks the same as you.

This is utter nonsense lol
“Stop considering things to be creative when I personally find them repetitive!!”
It’s subjective. And I would argue that they have had a ton of creative features, mechanics, characters, places, and Pokémon throughout the years.
Psssst, just because you think somethings “repetitive” and “unambitious” doesn’t mean everyone thinks the same as you.
It's been 7 months since the reveal, there wasn't a time I made a critique without being bombed of comments. The perception I had is that it's impossible for GF to make a mistake. I now understand that It's this fandom that made pokemon the biggest franchise in history by simply denying whatever form of critique. Like really, not a single time. I've been told that I always complain, but guys you spent the last 7 months justifying everything.
I don't want to be aggressive, It's just impossible for me to accept whatever they produce without being critical with what I see and at the same time I honestly understand that every time I say something in the form of a critique there are 5 pages of discussion for something that obviously doesn't need that much attention like "Alcreamie doesn't need 18 or 5 or whatever forms, according to what they said in June", which is honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the armie of creams
So I guess I'll find another place for me and thank you all for the time spent together here.
Bye.

Last edited:
It's been 7 months since the reveal, there wasn't a time I made a critique without being bombed of comments. The perception I had is that it's impossible for GF to make a mistake. I now understand that It's this fandom that made pokemon the biggest franchise in history by simply denying whatever form of critique. Like really, not a single time. I've been told that I always complain, but guys you spent the last 7 months justifying everything.
I don't want to be aggressive, It's just impossible for me to accept whatever they produce without being critical with what I see and at the same time I honestly understand that every time I say something in the form of a critique there are 5 pages of discussion for something that obviously doesn't need that much attention like "Alcreamie doesn't need 18 or 5 or whatever forms", which is honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the armie of creams.
So I guess I'll find another place for me and thank you all for the time spent together here.
Bye.

You see, being critical is okay. Criticism exists in the Pokémon fandom, lmao. What’s not okay is being overly agressive over the subject of a Pokémon, like, really????? An argument just about Alcremie having different forms?????

It’s also dumb to say everyone here justifies stuff in S&S, since I’ve seen plenty of people here who are miffed about it.
Reddit, to til day, has rants about dexit and what not. Many people complained about the 6th and the 7th gens too. The thing is, for most fans, the cons are not enough to deter them from enjoying the game. And that's in no way a bad thing. People enjoy the games. To say the popularity and success of Pokemon is only because the fandom doesn't care about quality is, quite frankly, stupid.

Reddit, to til day, has rants about dexit and what not. Many people complained about the 6th and the 7th gens too. The thing is, for most fans, the cons are not enough to deter them from enjoying the game. And that's no way a bad thing. People enjoy the games. To say the popularity and success of Pokemon is only because the fandom doesn't care about quality is, quite frankly, stupid.

My thoughts exactly.

I now understand that It's this fandom that made pokemon the biggest franchise in history by simply denying whatever form of critique.
Reddit, to til day, has rants about dexit and what not.

I remember when Dexit was first revealed. r/pokemon blew up, going from around 3K-8K active members to 20K-30K. I don’t think the sub was that active even when SwSh was first revealed back in February. To say people were pissed is an understatement. Post after post was made about how Dexit is terrible. People would make innocent comments about their excitement for SwSh and get downvoted. The Hype thread, which is a rotational pinned post, was continually downvoted to zero every time it was posted. The mods pinned a Dexit rage thread and even made a venting filter because the outrage was so great. In fact, the backlash was one reason why I came to this forum because few people on r/pokemon wanted to have any discussion on SwSh that wasn’t criticizing the games. And r/pokemon is still a little miffed, though the outrage has died down considerably.

To say that Pokémon has survived because the fandom handwaves criticism just isn’t true.

Someone said there might be 105 variants of Alcremie. Is that true?

I think it depends on if the highlight variations (white, pink, or none) are given to every Alcremie form. Oriden pointed out that some highlights may be exclusive to one flavor color or not present on a specific flavor color, which would make the total lower than 105.

Considering the various amounts of different colored Alcremie, highlights and toppings, it’s probably likely there’s about 105.

I think it depends on if the highlight variations (white, pink, or none) are given to every Alcremie form. Oriden pointed out that some highlights may be exclusive to one flavor color or not present on a specific flavor color, which would make the total lower than 105.
Each body color could also double as a highlight, too, so there could even be 245 variations, I think.

I don't want to be aggressive, It's just impossible for me to accept whatever they produce without being critical with what I see and at the same time I honestly understand that every time I say something in the form of a critique there are 5 pages of discussion for something that obviously doesn't need that much attention like "Alcreamie doesn't need 18 or 5 or whatever forms, according to what they said in June", which is honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the armie of creams
Bye.
You literally told someone to stop finding things creative because the series has [in your opinion] been the same for 23 years lol. Disagreeing with you does not equate to justifying everything GameFreak does.

You literally told someone to stop finding things creative because the series has [in your opinion] been the same for 23 years lol. Disagreeing with you does not equate to justifying everything GameFreak does.

Apparently he left because he couldn’t handle other opinions. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom