• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Apparently he left because he couldn’t handle other opinions. Lol.
That's bullying. I would suggest to grow up and learn to respect other people, especially when these people have decided to left and to not reply anymore. I'm not leaving because I can't handle other opinions. I suggest to back and read before laughing of me. I have always replied to anyone and discussed peacefully. As I said I'm leaving because every time I say something apparently an infinite discussion starts and since I am old enough to understand when It's time to stop, I don't want to force people to read 1000 pages about it in every thread, considering I've been told several times to stop complaining.
That said, respect my decision, forget about me and go on with the thread. There's litterally no need to joke about it.

Honestly I like the fact the TPC/Game Freak have been more stingy regarding letting out info, massive improvement from Sun/Moon.

It’s weird, I both love and hate that we’re not getting vast amounts of information. I love it because the game won’t be stale on release, and hate it since they always show super cool stuff and I wanna see more, lol.

I didn't know where to post this, but just in case:

View: https://youtu.be/D-Z0Vvh8s8A

There's new Halloween merch revealed, and surprise surprise - Lucario is wearing Sir Aaron's costume. I love how this is a nice reference to Movie 8, how it isn't forgotten :D All the more so considering other pokemon are either wearing ghost-pokemon costumes or general skeleton costumes.

Merch probably doesn't provide much details, but the possible DP remakes seems hopeful. XD

EDIT: Looking closely, the hat design is closer to Riley's hat since Sir Aaron's is slightly different. But the hat and the cape AND the waist-pouch gives a very strong Sir Aaron look.

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post this, but just in case:

View: https://youtu.be/D-Z0Vvh8s8A

There's new Halloween merch revealed, and surprise surprise - Lucario is wearing Sir Aaron's costume. I love how this is a nice reference to Movie 8, how it isn't forgotten :D All the more so considering other pokemon are either wearing ghost-pokemon costumes or general skeleton costumes.

Merch probably doesn't provide much details, but the possible DP remakes seems hopeful. XD

I like the Sir Aaron Lucario and the Pikachu dressed as Mimikyu. XD

So i have little to no knowledge about Tokyo game show but is it possible to see more swsh info from there ?

I think there are plenty of criticisms to be had about Pokémon but the whole "they shouldn't make 18+ recolors of Alcremie if they can't handle 1000+ models" is nowhere near being a valid argument.
100% this. It's one thing to have a criticism of the franchise that has some kind of valid point to back it up. Pokémon, like all franchises, is not perfect.

It's a completely different thing to claim that the developers are incompetent because they chose to not include all 900+ Pokémon and then chose to spend a few minutes making different skins for a new Pokémon (which, for the last time, are all the same model because they will assuredly have all the same animations... Animations being what takes up development time, not colors or little stationary fruit). And then derail a thread about info drop speculations for pages and pages about it. Make a different thread if you refuse to see the logic, please.

The Pokémon Twitter account just randomly posted a gif of Umbreon from SM. My kneejerk reaction is "if they post another eeveelution tomorrow, is this a countdown to an eeveelutions reveal???"

There's going to be a Game Freak Direct for their 30th anniversary on 10/16,apparently. Most likely it'll just be Town stuff, since that's when Town is releasing, but maybe they'll show off some Pokemon stuff too.

The Pokémon Twitter account just randomly posted a gif of Umbreon from SM. My kneejerk reaction is "if they post another eeveelution tomorrow, is this a countdown to an eeveelutions reveal???"
Randomly showing off Mewtwo now too... wonder why they seem to be on cat-things suddenly.

Then again, it is the internet.

....oh they're actually posting a lot of random pokemon lately, aren't they? I can't see them since the only gif that isn't black for me is Mewtwo's.

There's going to be a Game Freak Direct for their 30th anniversary on 10/16,apparently. Most likely it'll just be Town stuff, since that's when Town is releasing, but maybe they'll show off some Pokemon stuff too.
That's the day Town releases, but I can't find any mention of a Direct anywhere?

Oh and Serebii is up to 28 different Alcremie and apparently each form has a flavor name, so that's definitely a collectible. XD

Last edited:
Do we have any idea about the next big news day? What we got was rather small considering. Only two months from release and it feels like we know very little about this game.

Do we have any idea about the next big news day? What we got was rather small considering. Only two months from release and it feels like we know very little about this game.
Not really. With CoroCoro being consistently useless, we can just about rule that one out from having anything. If I had to guess, though, the Switch Lite's release day is probably a good ballpark. It's in the other half of the month and coincides with the release of a new console which Sword and Shield is very much geared toward.

If not that, then there's the anime announcement on the 29th but given the direction that one seems to be taking, they could probably pull that off without revealing anything Sword and Shield-related whatsoever.

Not really. With CoroCoro being consistently useless, we can just about rule that one out from having anything. If I had to guess, though, the Switch Lite's release day is probably a good ballpark. It's in the other half of the month and coincides with the release of a new console which Sword and Shield is very much geared toward.

If not that, then there's the anime announcement on the 29th but given the direction that one seems to be taking, they could probably pull that off without revealing anything Sword and Shield-related whatsoever.

I'm excited for the anime announcement but I don't expect much sword and shield related.

We've gotten very far into the hype cycle without getting a whole lot and I'm starting to feel a little starved for info. Oh well.

If Corocoro has anything this month, its likely going to be anime related, but given their track record during this news cycle, I wouldn't count on them revealing anything new for us for Sword amd Shield's games.

I've been out of the loop avoiding dexit drama, has corocoro even had anything sword and shield related this cycle.

Back
Top Bottom