• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I've been out of the loop avoiding dexit drama, has corocoro even had anything sword and shield related this cycle.
The only thing they had that was their exclusive scoop was just the move-naming contest, I believe. Everything else, if they had anything, was just stuff we had already seen. =/ It's sad, TPCi really cut them short this time. They had all kinds of reveals last Gen.

There's going to be a Game Freak Direct for their 30th anniversary on 10/16,apparently. Most likely it'll just be Town stuff, since that's when Town is releasing, but maybe they'll show off some Pokemon stuff too.
Oh derp, you meant the livestream someone posted on an earlier page. XD I think I was at work when I saw that post so I forgot to add it to the list.

It's been added now! But yeah, probably just gonna be Town or something unrelated to Sword and Shield.

Last edited:
No its hasn't the only thing it does have are recaps.

In a way thats a good thing the less we know the better. Each trailer excites me more and more the Whole Dexit thing is just a bunch of cry babies that wolnt get their way.

Good for you staying away from that
Can we not call the people upset at Dexit "cry babies"? They are reasonably unhappy with the decision and if there is any hope of persuading GameFreak to consider an alternative solution, it's them.

Can we not call the people upset at Dexit "cry babies"? They are reasonably unhappy with the decision and if there is any hope of persuading GameFreak to consider an alternative solution, it's them.

See...this is why I left for a bit. It's not that I think either side is right, or wrong, reasonable, or unreasonable. But this became less about the issue its self and more about what the fandom thinks about its self and its other members. And I honestly don't think the famdom has the meta cognition to parse that issue.

I would be more then willing to have a discussion about dexit and how we feel about that. But it always devolves into name calling and then people call out the name callers and then that leads to more name calling.

This is the same thing that happend/is happening in the star wars fandom after episode 8. There is something important that needs to be said about the issue. But nobody can hear those points through all the noise.

Edit: maybe this was to harsh, and to clear I didn't want to call out any one person in particular, but I quoted Oriden's post just make clear what conversations I was referencing. Idk this is basically how I feel about the matter, I just wish there was a nicer way to say it.

Last edited:
Considering they responded to the criticism with a hearty No. I wouldn't bet on that chance
It is a chance, though, compared with the whole fandom just lying down and taking it and letting GameFreak think that everything is fine. If they all give up, there's no chance whatsoever. So yeah, it might be a slim chance, but it's honestly the only hope the National Dex has.

See...this is why I left for a bit. It's not that I think either side is right, or wrong, reasonable, or unreasonable. But this became less about the issue its self and more about what the fandom thinks about its self and its other members. And I honestly don't think the famdom has the meta cognition to parse that issue.

I would be more then willing to have a discussion about dexit and how we feel about that. But it always devolves into name calling and then people call out the name callers and then that leads to more name calling.

This is the same thing that happend/is happening in the star wars fandom after episode 8. There is something important that needs to be said about the issue. But nobody can hear those points through all the noise.

Edit: maybe this was to harsh, and to clear I didn't want to call out any one person in particular, but I quoted Oriden's post just make clear what conversations I was referencing. Idk this is basically how I feel about the matter, I just wish there was a nicer way to say it.
Yeah, I get you. =/ Honestly, I've gotten to a point where I can see both sides? I mean, of the decision to cut pokemon. Like I get why GameFreak went with this decision, it does make a lot of sense, but I also don't like losing the National Dex either. So my stance, personally, is just... let the people who are still passionate about it continue to protest, because if there's any hope of GameFreak changing their decision, it's going to be all the people fighting for it. If they win, then good on them! As long as they're not hurting anyone or making terrible threats, then I don't see the big deal if the twitter is getting BringBackNationalDex spammed- like honestly, who is that hurting? Is anyone really that put off that the comments on dumb fact posts and poke-memes are overloaded with people protesting? I don't get why people can't just leave the Dexit fighters alone. If they're not being jerks to you then don't be jerks to them, right? We don't have to be mean to people who aren't being mean.

But yeah, I definitely don't want any name calling in this thread over that whole thing. I'm just gonna ask nicely that we not do that.

It is a chance, though, compared with the whole fandom just lying down and taking it and letting GameFreak think that everything is fine. If they all give up, there's no chance whatsoever. So yeah, it might be a slim chance, but it's honestly the only hope the National Dex has.

Yeah, I get you. =/ Honestly, I've gotten to a point where I can see both sides? I mean, of the decision to cut pokemon. Like I get why GameFreak went with this decision, it does make a lot of sense, but I also don't like losing the National Dex either. So my stance, personally, is just... let the people who are still passionate about it continue to protest, because if there's any hope of GameFreak changing their decision, it's going to be all the people fighting for it. If they win, then good on them! As long as they're not hurting anyone or making terrible threats, then I don't see the big deal if the twitter is getting BringBackNationalDex spammed- like honestly, who is that hurting? Is anyone really that put off that the comments on dumb fact posts and poke-memes are overloaded with people protesting? I don't get why people can't just leave the Dexit fighters alone. If they're not being jerks to you then don't be jerks to them, right? We don't have to be mean to people who aren't being mean.

But yeah, I definitely don't want any name calling in this thread over that whole thing. I'm just gonna ask nicely that we not do that.

Fair enough i see now i shouldn't have said what i said regardless of how i see things i will keep my opinion to myself.

Ill Sit back, relax and wait for the 67 days till release

I spent way to much time thinking about whether or not I should respond to this since it's a little off topic, but I think I should at least briefly respond.

Is anyone really that put off that the comments on dumb fact posts and poke-memes are overloaded with people protesting? I don't get why people can't just leave the Dexit fighters alone. If they're not being jerks to you then don't be jerks to them, right? We don't have to be mean to people who aren't being mean.

You're really well meaning Oriden, and I respect that. But constantly being confronted with negativeity is draining. I come to places like these to get excited about Pokemon, which is normally something that helps me recharge. So things get difficult when those recharging spaces are also overcome with negativeity. I'm the kind of person who wants to give people space to be how they want to be. And I'm an introverted antisocial weirdo who doesn't grow attached to people easily. So I just walk away when I feel like a space is bad for my health.

So yeah I really was put off when Dexit swallowed everything. I stopped going on Twitter, on discord, I blocked people on Facebook.

Do the Dexit people have a point? Probably, but the whole thing was so overwhelming and toxic I just didn't want anything to do with it.

I’d say the problem with (a part, I don’t know how large) of the Dexit protesters is the way they criticized the choice and devs, going too far in some cases with insults and threats.

Criticism is fine and continuing to remind GF that people want the full dex back is a reasonable approach, if done correctly: there’s nothing much to do, other then boycott the game, and I think it’d require everyone that is actually disappointed about Dexit to maybe affect in some way the sales...and obviously, not everyone is disappointed to the point of not buying the game (or doing it regardless of their disappointment, due to their attachment to the franchise).

The Dexit people were faced with arguments from the so called-defenders that there were time; or effort constraints or the animations were actually upgraded. The Dexit crowd actually did enough concrete research with accurate figures (or as accurate and official figures we have access to) and debunked those claims.

Such extensive research went into the task that I’m not surprised that they’re aggressive in demanding answers with their knowledge. They’re rightfully calling out for the actual reasons for the decisions to be disclosed and may thus come off as aggressive.

As far as those throwing threats around, people throwing around baseless threats seem to be a minority that’s broadcasted as being out of proportion just to draw negative attention towards people protesting the Dexit. Literally one 4chan text post put out their daily Masuda rape allegation and even that was used against the people actually doing their research and giving criticism with a lot of valid knowledge.

I empathise with both sides, but I prefer to support the Dexit crowd since in my opinion that takes the franchise in a better direction and lets GameFreak know that they can’t simply reduce content while demanding more money for their games.

The Dexit people were faced with arguments from the so called-defenders that there were time; or effort constraints or the animations were actually upgraded. The Dexit crowd actually did enough concrete research with accurate figures (or as accurate and official figures we have access to) and debunked those claims.

Such extensive research went into the task that I’m not surprised that they’re aggressive in demanding answers with their knowledge. They’re rightfully calling out for the actual reasons for the decisions to be disclosed and may thus come off as aggressive.

As far as those throwing threats around, people throwing around baseless threats seem to be a minority that’s broadcasted as being out of proportion just to draw negative attention towards people protesting the Dexit. Literally one 4chan text post put out their daily Masuda rape allegation and even that was used against the people actually doing their research and giving criticism with a lot of valid knowledge.

I empathise with both sides, but I prefer to support the Dexit crowd since in my opinion that takes the franchise in a better direction and lets GameFreak know that they can’t simply reduce content while demanding more money for their games.

Again, if with aggressive you mean keeping asking for the full dex back, I have no problem with that. It’s the way that some are asking for that is not right. While threats might have been limited, insults and rudeness were more frequent.

I think the only way they’d go back (unless it wasn’t a permanent decision as they said but a necessary sacrifice due to time restraint or other reasons), is if the games will sell significantly less then before.

not to be like, too much of a Negative Nancy, but this real life not some fantasy story. we can Wish and Hope really hard that Game Freak will change their mind, but realistically, there is no real chance of them changing their mind. the writing has been on the wall for this decision for a considerable period of time. i mean really, throughout 6-7 Game Freak was complaining about how many Pokemon there were. as i've been saying, they made this decision now as a ripping off the band-aid situation.

the only realistic way they're changing their mind is if sales plummet due to the change (and not the new console).
the fundamental problem is that without knowing the exact or even a general breakdown of Game Freak's development processes, flows, pipelines, etc, you can't effectively prove anything. even further, proving anything doesn't change realities. you know you can come out and 'prove' that Game Freak should've had the time based on some x amount of time per model, but that won't change the fact that it took x+1 time per model in reality. and really, considering the general internet population's lack of business skills and lack of general work experience in the relevant field (let alone experience in foreign company vs american), i wouldn't even consider their analyses worth much anyways.

You're really well meaning Oriden, and I respect that. But constantly being confronted with negativeity is draining. I come to places like these to get excited about Pokemon, which is normally something that helps me recharge. So things get difficult when those recharging spaces are also overcome with negativeity. I'm the kind of person who wants to give people space to be how they want to be. And I'm an introverted antisocial weirdo who doesn't grow attached to people easily. So I just walk away when I feel like a space is bad for my health.

So yeah I really was put off when Dexit swallowed everything. I stopped going on Twitter, on discord, I blocked people on Facebook.

Do the Dexit people have a point? Probably, but the whole thing was so overwhelming and toxic I just didn't want anything to do with it.

I can definitely relate to how those things can be draining. It's why I come to places like this instead and I pretty much stopped going to reddit about a year ago. I just can't really handle negativity (I take it too personally or something) and fewer people usually translates to less overall negativity. I've never really been a part of the twitter scene, so I didn't really care about people making their comments there. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is causing some people to have to change their habits.

That being said, I really don't want this forum to delve into a dexit debate.

I can understand not liking negativity. Seeing it everywhere I feel is making me more into a toxic person willing to start fights, acting like I'm in the right and everyone else's values are wrong or not true. When maybe in reality I never knew or understood what other people's values were. Maybe I'm in the wrong, or maybe it doesn't matter. All I can tell is that I feel the series won't truly suffer for a decision like this. Even I can tell if Dexit wasn't a thing, people would've been thinking this would be the best pokemon game to date.

Calling Gamefreak liars, saying the series is going downhill, or handpicking any flaws found, I'm not sure how it can be considered positivity. To criticize requires negativity you know
What? No, you don't need negativity to criticize. That makes no sense. Negativity is an emotion, criticism is the conclusion of an analysis of something, usually meant to improve it (constructive criticism). Criticism is better and objective if it's devoid of emotions.

That's why your examples of negative criticism aren't good examples of good criticism. You're basically only bringing up the worst of the worst; something we all agree on is bad. I'm not debating that.

Last edited:
What? No, you don't need negativity to criticize. That makes no sense. Negativity is an emotion, criticism is the conclusion of an analysis of something, usually meant to improve it (constructive criticism). Criticism is better and objective if it's devoid of emotions.
How else are you to consider flaws if you don't have any negative thoughts towards them? You gotta dislike something to consider them a flaw, hence negativity.

How else are you to consider flaws if you don't have any negative thoughts towards them? You gotta dislike something to consider them a flaw, hence negativity.
So you never want humans to improve anything because you can't stand the negativity you state comes with it?

I'm at a loss here. Again; negativity is an emotion, good criticism is devoid of emotions, as it makes things blurry and less objective.

The negativity in people's heads can still result in non-negative criticism. You were talking thought-processes as well as resulting criticism, I'm only talking about the resulting criticism. And the latter doesn't need to be negative, it's even better if it lacks emotions.

Criticism definition number 1: The expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults and mistakes.

Criticism definition number 2: The analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.

Take your pick, just be clear.

Back
Top Bottom