• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

While that’s true, I’d say that particular trailer still reveals quite a lot of stuff.
What did it reveal ? all of that stuff was revealed before the trailer released.
it only showed more footage of routes which is not a bad thing

I want to know more before I buy. I could care less if someone doesn't want to feel spoiled.

Honestly though, there's already been just about enough of SwoShi that's been revealed in order to make an equivalent version of that trailer:

CGI Zacian and Zamazenta
cut to Prof. Magnolia conversation
cut to a wide shot of Galar
cut to some city/town shots
cut to a bit of an early cutscene on a train
cut to some route/Wild Area shots
cut to Vs. Hop with the Starters
more CGI wolves
cut to 4 new Pokémon + Alcremie flavors
cut to Corviknight Taxi and whatever other HM replacements we have
cut to a spot about the Gym Challenge with shots of Milo, Nessa, and Bea/Allister battles
cut to 3 Galarian forms
more CGI wolves
cut to Team Yell/Marnie
cut to the League officials/Bede/Leon
cut to Dynamax and Max Moves
cut to Max Raid Battles
cut to a character collage (Sonia, Power-of-Science guy, Bea, Allister, Milo, Nessa, Magnolia, Leon, Hop, Bede, Marnie)
more CGI wolves
cut to Gigantamax and G-Max moves
and more CGI wolves

and that's not even including a spot for Camping/curry

Last edited:
What a lot of people are forgetting is that people were spoiled due to leaks. Like officially, the information we've been getting is the same since forever. Official information has always been a slow running trickle.

This time we don't have any creditable image leaks or riddlers to tide us over like the past 3 gens. All we have is that one leak from months ago that spoiled pretty much everything that has come out since even if it misidentified Cramorant as another pelican.

Before Wottergate, I remember that there was like a desert of information and the only information that anyone could trust were the Coro Coro leaks and trailers. It was excruciating waiting a month in-between reveals for Diamond and Pearl. Even before that we literally knew next to nothing about Gen III after it was announced. Which opened it up for Pokemon Factory to insert any fakemon they could think up and pass off as real.

Personally the lack of information could be seen as a good thing. They found the leak that caused Wottergate and the final starter evolutions leak and they patched it. They finally made it possible that nobody gets spoiled until the game finally comes out in an age where information spreads faster than the speed of light.

Well, they could just show the starter evolutions this month and Eternatus next month. I couldn't care less about what character they show before release, I prefer to know which Pokemon who's likely joining my party.

Considering we got around 39 revealed Pokémon during SuMo's cycle at this moment in time, it doesn't really feel equivalent to SwSh's 18 revealed Pokémon.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that people were spoiled due to leaks. Like officially, the information we've been getting is the same since forever. Official information has always been a slow running trickle.
No, we've definitely been having things changed.
  • XY legendaries had their types revealed in June, as did SuMo. We're in September and still don't know the ZWolves.
  • The Corocoro reveal of Megas showed off seven Pokemon (Blaziken, Absol, Mawile, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Ampharos), and trailers for it in English started with three in August (Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario), and kept adding in the rest in August. Gigantamax still only has three to its name.
  • Regional forms in SuMo had three shown when they were revealed in August (Exeggcutor, Vulpix line, Sandshrew line), Galar still only has two.

We are 74.7% through this news cycle (day 195 of 261, february 27th to november 15th). We have 19 pokemon revealed including impidimp (a couple more if you count ones that have been glimpsed at, like cramorant's fish or the squirrel, etc, but we haven't even gotten a good view of those at all yet), 3 Gmax forms revealed and 3 galar forms revealed. As for new features we have rotom phone, pokemon camp, poke jobs, league cards, the y-comm and battle stadium revealed.

When we were at this point in XY, (august 2nd or so) we had 26 pokemon revealed including trevenant, one mega revealed (mewtwo) and the new fairy type revealed. With new features we also had sky battles, horde encounters, ridable pokemon, rollerlades, trainer customization, the PSS and photo spots revealed. We knew the types and abilities of the box legends.

Even if we have less new pokemon in SwSh than in XY (oof), we're still pretty slow this news season at least with new pokemon revealed.

(I also don't think we should be looking at xy to swsh as a one to one month thing anyway, since XY was revealed a month earlier and released a month earlier)

Last edited:
Pokeshopper pointed out something interesting about the Polteageist reveal. When it's first shown, it's taken 8 damage so its health is 94/102

In the next scene, it is fully healed.

94 could be a reference to september 4, so 102 could be suggesting an October 2 trailer

It's a safe bet either way.

I think it was good that they have gone lighter on the info for this game, but as we are getting closer they could probably do a few extra reveals without revealing the entire game.

I think a good way to gain hype without revealing much would be to do a trailer, similar to the one posted earlier, where they show off some stuff already revealed, just at different angles or different points. They could even do some more of those "let's tour this place" like they did with that one video they released last month, walking around that early town. Both of these would be a good way to remind people of the game and fuel hype, without spoiling it. Plus it could hide some secrets for the anaylitical fans.

I think I'm having flashbacks of the last time this argument happened and you said something similar to this.
I think that one was "Why would Masuda hack in his Weedle in 2019 but stop the timer too late in 2018?" Hard to tell, though, since this happens all the time.

Yes, these all really happened. Proton/Elektron, Plus/Minus, Crown/Scepter, Renewal

It's not really working.
people forget the game exist until they release new trailer.. with sun and moon the hype was everywhere.

we are 2 months from the release now, they need to start shoving the game into everyone's faces
According to people on the this forum, people apparently forget a game exists every two weeks.

No, we've definitely been having things changed.
  • XY legendaries had their types revealed in June, as did SuMo. We're in September and still don't know the ZWolves.
  • The Corocoro reveal of Megas showed off seven Pokemon (Blaziken, Absol, Mawile, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Ampharos), and trailers for it in English started with three in August (Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario), and kept adding in the rest in August. Gigantamax still only has three to its name.
  • Regional forms in SuMo had three shown when they were revealed in August (Exeggcutor, Vulpix line, Sandshrew line), Galar still only has two.
Yeah, but wasn't there a leak before that that said what the types were? Especially Lunala and Solaleo. Because I remember when they were first revealed that they also had ??? for a couple months as a type and people were joking about how ??? would make a come back after it disappeared.

Also I vaguely remember how people complained that showing off that many pokemon was too much and overwhelming. Especially since the recent low number of new pokemon and they wanted to find secrets and pokemon for themselves. It makes sense that they would want to keep the majority under wraps now. Same thing with regional forms and gigantimax forms since they suplement the rest of the "new" pokemon count.

It's just another gamefreak is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't type situation. "Oh no! If they keep this up they'll show off all the pokemon and we won't find out things for our selves!" vs. "God, they're so slow!!!! I wish they'd just hurry up and show new pokemon already so I know what I'll replace my 17 year old Swampert with!"

I feel like Sun and Moon were over-hyped. They were good, but they didn't live up to the hype which kind of left a bad impression on me. Since their release, I think I've played more of gen 6 than gen 7. Also that trailer looks so awkward now with random zoom-ins on key words. PokeRide! Island Challenge! Ultra Beasts! Excitement? lol. I remember liking this trailer when it first released, but that was before I knew Ultra Beasts were going to be an underwhelming disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom