• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Pokeshopper pointed out something interesting about the Polteageist reveal. When it's first shown, it's taken 8 damage so its health is 94/102

In the next scene, it is fully healed.
They probably cut the scenes out of order while making the reveal video.

They're not gonna Da Vinci Code information in numbers for a freakin Pokemon Video. The series is geared mostly to kids, why would they waste time on making riddles that are harder than any of the puzzles in all the games they've made so far combined just for a tease of another trailer? Some of these fans really need to stop thinking so hard. It's pokemon. It's not a murder mystery crazy detective game you have to look at a picture of a bush sideways to see that the dead gardener broke the branches to look like a frying pan to implicate the chef was responsible for his murder.

Also put me on team 'the gens are doing fine'. I played gen 6 and 7 more than I ever have of 3, 4, and 5 combined.

My faves are Alola > Kalos/Hoenn >Johto/Unova > Kanto >>>>> Sinnoh. Still hoping they remake Diamond Pearl Platinum so I can learn to love it like I did Hoenn.

They're not gonna Da Vinci Code information in numbers for a freakin Pokemon Video. The series is geared mostly to kids, why would they waste time on making riddles that are harder than any of the puzzles in all the games they've made so far combined just for a tease of another trailer? Some of these fans really need to stop thinking so hard. It's pokemon. It's not a murder mystery crazy detective game you have to look at a picture of a bush sideways to see that the dead gardener broke the branches to look like a frying pan to implicate the chef was responsible for his murder.
So far, the only company that I know that does something like this is Ubisoft with the Rocksmith DLC, and even then, they don't even try to pretend it's something deep, seeing how they post them in their own forums.

Yeah, but wasn't there a leak before that that said what the types were? Especially Lunala and Solaleo. Because I remember when they were first revealed that they also had ??? for a couple months as a type and people were joking about how ??? would make a come back after it disappeared.

Also I vaguely remember how people complained that showing off that many pokemon was too much and overwhelming. Especially since the recent low number of new pokemon and they wanted to find secrets and pokemon for themselves. It makes sense that they would want to keep the majority under wraps now. Same thing with regional forms and gigantimax forms since they suplement the rest of the "new" pokemon count.

It's just another gamefreak is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't type situation. "Oh no! If they keep this up they'll show off all the pokemon and we won't find out things for our selves!" vs. "God, they're so slow!!!! I wish they'd just hurry up and show new pokemon already so I know what I'll replace my 17 year old Swampert with!"
Maybe there was, but that doesn't change the fact that the ZWolves have still not been given details at a time period when other legendaries did, from official news.

People can want balance in things and dislike extremes. Wanting the temperature too hot or too cold doesn't mean people are being unfair to air conditioning, for example.

No thanks. I’d rather not have the entire game spoiled and almost every new Pokémon and important character revealed.
There can be a balance though. None of the features have left me convinced to buy the games, and Dexit has specially given a huge blow to my hype in addition to the lack of information. Sun/Moon were chaotic and brimming with hype in comparison.

Maybe not spoil everything, but reveal enough for people to be at least slightly hyped. They literally wasted a trailer on competitive items, which have never been revealed in the pre release and are usually so irrelevant that you can go through the entire game not knowing they exist.

@PkmnTrainerV @dvor

You guys make a good point.

[Gen 7 is] my favorite pokemon design wise

Same here. Gen 7 could’ve been a flaming pile of rubbish and I wouldn’t have cared all that much because the new additions are just so good in my opinion. Part of the reason I’m so forgiving towards gen 7 is probably because of how much I love the Alolan Pokémon.

I think they should have definitely put a little bit more into the promotion of these games. I don't think they needed near the level of Sun and Moon, but with Dexit being a thing, and especially because this is a Switch game, which is going to be pricier along with with a pricier console, they should have considered the people who need some more info to really get into the game.

I personally really like what they have revealed so far. Again, I think I could want a little more of it, but the things they have been revealed are really hype. Besides the one trailer devoted to new moves and items and abilities (which I know some people appreciate, I am not one of those people), they have shown off the big parts of the game that are really good for hype. The Wild Area, Galarian forms, and Pokemon Camp all deserved good reveals and all 3 of them got them. From the general reaction of the internet, these are the things I saw the most hype from.

I am also really loving the Pokemon this gen. I can honestly see myself coming out of Gen 8 and having to make a new Favorite "Type" Pokemon list and having a bunch of Gen 8 ones in there because there are some great ones. Galarian Zigzagoon is literal perfection, Grookey and Sobble are amazing (and I still can't choose between them!), Zacien is amazing and for the first time ever I might be having to choose my game based on the Box Legendary, which I won't even end up using in the end.

I also thought Gen 7's Pokemon Designs were amazing. I love a lot of them, and I am definitely getting those same vibes this year. And after having Gen 5 and 6 where most of the designs just felt "meh" to me, it's good to have a lot of ones aI really love. Heck, the first time I saw Torracat I knew it was going to be a favorite.

I still think they'll ramp up promo soon. I never understood why they historically thought they needed to keep people hyped about a game for 6+ months straight. It always led to hype fatigue and disappointment when the games came out.

But if they don't... It means the current pre-orders and trajectories are satisfactory and they feel they don't need to. Which would obviously be okay.

I still think they'll ramp up promo soon. I never understood why they historically thought they needed to keep people hyped about a game for 6+ months straight. It always led to hype fatigue and disappointment when the games came out.

But if they don't... It means the current pre-orders and trajectories are satisfactory and they feel they don't need to. Which would obviously be okay.

“wE nEeD a TrAiLeR eVeRy wEeK sO wE dOnT fOrGet aBouT tHis CrAp gAmE!!!!!!!!”

I saw 10+ people say this online and actually meant it. Some people want more trailers so they can nitpick the hell out of every little thing, apparently.

“wE nEeD a TrAiLeR eVeRy wEeK sO wE dOnT fOrGet aBouT tHis CrAp gAmE!!!!!!!!”

I saw 10+ people say this online and actually meant it. Some people want more trailers so they can nitpick the hell out of every little thing, apparently.
XD It astounds me how many people apparently have the memory of a goldfish.

XD It astounds me how many people apparently have the memory of a goldfish.
Also, it's not like there are games that are announced one year and then released like 5 years later, with most announcements being "this exists". Look at Stardew Valley (five years since announcement I think) and The Legend of El Lobodestroyo vs La Liga de los Villanos (announced in 2013, still in development).

I’s like a few more Pokémon reveals before the release. Other than Yamper, the new ones aren’t doing much for me so far.

Also, it's not like there are games that are announced one year and then released like 5 years later, with most announcements being "this exists". Look at Stardew Valley (five years since announcement I think) and The Legend of El Lobodestroyo vs La Liga de los Villanos (announced in 2013, still in development).
You remind me that it apparently takes a week for people to forget that a Pokemon game exists but folks can go years without forgetting about Half Life 3 despite the fact that it doesn't.

Personally; I wish I could forget this game is coming out. I was pretty successful for the first six months, but now it's like the only thing my brain can think about. I kept telling myself that I don't want to spoil myself too much and then I noticed that the trailers were showing fewer pokemon this gen, so I was like, okay; I guess I'll stick around and stop watching when I've seen one pokemon (besides Sobble) that I know I have to have on my team. While I've thought all the designs have been nice, there hasn't been that one pokemon yet; which has left me in a weird limbo. I wanted to drop out before they reveal the starter evolutions (so end of the month, I guess), but since the trailers have been so sparse with reveals, I'm tempted to keep watching to satisfy my desire to learn more about the games.

Personally; I wish I could forget this game is coming out. I was pretty successful for the first six months, but now it's like the only thing my brain can think about. I kept telling myself that I don't want to spoil myself too much and then I noticed that the trailers were showing fewer pokemon this gen, so I was like, okay; I guess I'll stick around and stop watching when I've seen one pokemon (besides Sobble) that I know I have to have on my team. While I've thought all the designs have been nice, there hasn't been that one pokemon yet; which has left me in a weird limbo. I wanted to drop out before they reveal the starter evolutions (so end of the month, I guess), but since the trailers have been so sparse with reveals, I'm tempted to keep watching to satisfy my desire to learn more about the games.
XD Aw.

I gotta say, of all the pokemon revealed, the one winner has got to be Wooloo. It's the only design I haven't been the least bit "eeeh" about.

XD Aw.

I gotta say, of all the pokemon revealed, the one winner has got to be Wooloo. It's the only design I haven't been the least bit "eeeh" about.

I definitely can't say anything bad about Wooloo's design. It will probably be on my team for the early game, but it's going to get the boot pretty soon unless it's evolution looks amazing and it gains a typing. Cramorant would be my second favorite out of the bunch, but I don't like to double up on types. The rest are just OK. It might sound weird, but I think it's because most of the designs have had one predominate color and/or very dull colors like brown and gray and I generally prefer bold or rare colors.

Well, in my case, I feel that my ace is going to be Sobble to continue with my Water/blue theme, but will also use Grookey and Scorbunny. The other two will be most likely Yamper and blueberry Alcremy unless someone turns Electric or Fairy.

Also put me on team 'the gens are doing fine'. I played gen 6 and 7 more than I ever have of 3, 4, and 5 combined.

My faves are Alola > Kalos/Hoenn >Johto/Unova > Kanto >>>>> Sinnoh. Still hoping they remake Diamond Pearl Platinum so I can learn to love it like I did Hoenn.
Yeah, I didn't like Sinnoh very much either. I think your list is similar to mine (just as far as games for me, Alola > Kalos > Kanto/Hoenn > Johto > Unova > Sinnoh)

Also, yeah. The numbers in the video don't seem at all significant to me. They just are what they are. We don't need another masuda weedle moment.

Um... its literally 1 AM and the Pokemon Twitter just tweeted "New Pokemon Disccovered!" but the link leads to a glitched out / pixelated picture on the official site? When you click it it plays Rotom's cry but it definitely looks like something else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-011701.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-011701.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom