• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Um... its literally 1 AM and the Pokemon Twitter just tweeted "New Pokemon Disccovered!" but the link leads to a glitched out / pixelated picture on the official site? When you click it it plays Rotom's cry but it definitely looks like something else.

It’s 10pm for me and I’m getting the same result. I took a screenshot of the tweet and website juuust in case it gets taken down. Taping on the glitched image seems to start loading a video but then glitches out and returns back to the screen I arrived on when I clicked the link.

Taping on the glitchy image and loading the video plays Rotom’s cry. Interesting...

What the heck is going on.

Either its a teaser for a news drop today or the website is buggy

Tinfoil-hat-conspiracy-theory-that-probably-won’t-be-true time:

Apparently it’s Electric type month and the Pokémon Twitter account has celebrated by posting stuff about Electric types. When tapping on the glitchy image and loading a video or something, it will play Rotom’s cry. Now, perhaps there’s a link between the two. Maybe this is implying we’ll get something related to Rotom soon due to the Electric type month celebration and it’s expanded role in SwSh.

Tinfoil-hat-conspiracy-theory-that-probably-won’t-be-true time:

Apparently it’s Electric type month and the Pokémon Twitter account has celebrated by posting stuff about Electric types. When tapping on the glitchy image and loading a video or something, it will play Rotom’s cry. Now, perhaps there’s a link between the two. Maybe this is implying we’ll get something related to Rotom soon due to the Electric type month celebration and it’s expanded role in SwSh.
I'm not sure it really is Rotom's cry, though? It sounds a little different.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_UNVBpDAs

It's pretty similar, though, so a new cry for a new form doesn't seem out of the question. It'd be a bit strange to have a Rotom form that's pure Fighting, though, and it wouldn't fit with the Electric type month thing.

I'm not sure it really is Rotom's cry, though? It sounds a little different.

The cry in your linked video sounds like Rotom’s pre-gen 6 cry while the cry on the website sounds like the post-gen 6 one.

It'd be a bit strange to have a Rotom form that's pure Fighting, though, and it wouldn't fit with the Electric type month thing.

It’s possible Fighting is just some random, unrelated text that’s just there because the page is glitched.

A pure fighting type hmm. From a glance, it looks like a cubone but is way too heavy. (also don't think we'll be getting a galarian form for both cubone family and meowth family since both got Alolan forms.). It might be a farfetch'd form. It does appear to hold something. Maybe to in Galar, due to competition among the species, they fought a lot using their leaks. Or maybe it is a fighting eeveelution. It has to be something special for them to hype it up.

The cry in your linked video sounds like Rotom’s pre-gen 6 cry while the cry on the website sounds like the post-gen 6 one.
Ah, that'd be why-I couldn't find the Gen 6 cry.
It’s possible Fighting is just some random, unrelated text that’s just there because the page is glitched.
I mean, it's right next to the type-it seems pretty related. The glitch stuff is generally done as garbled text, it looks like.

The fighting is next to the type part. And the description also indicates fighting.

Do you guys think looking at the source code of the page with the typing and entry might reveal more about it?

Back
Top Bottom