• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Come on Pokemon, you can't do this to me at 1:00 in the morning...

Definitely an interesting way to go about it though. Surely it must be a big deal if they're going about it in such a different way. It does remind me of a Cubone, but I'm sure it's not. Farfetch'd does seem like a likely bet. Not sure what's up with the Rotom cry thing though.

An Eeveelution did cross my mind, but that blur doesn't look like what I would expect of one... that may just be me in denial because I want my Dragon Eeveelution though.

When you rotate the image...!

Now that looks more like a Farfetch’d evo than an eeveelution. Still weird that it’s a pure Fighting type though. Edit: Actually, I think that might be a Galarian form for Farfetch’d. It would explain the typing.

I tried, but not much is coming up. The image name is pq2ot9z9fh.gif, and the blurred text is all referred to as "data scramble"

It’s disappointing it didn’t reveal anything but still a little interesting. Thanks for doing that, I’m on mobile and can’t check source code to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Farfetch'd? Eeveelution? Whatever it is it's new!

Definitely looks more like Farfetch'd than an Eeveelution (but I would be so happy if it was an Eevee)

Unless we get an answer about it within the next few hours, I think this means we'll be seeing a trailer coming pretty quickly (like 7 hours from now if it remains on schedule). Please don't leave us in the dark! I need knowledge!

I think its possible we could see a trailer coming in the next few hours, or at least the reveal of this Pokemon.
I hope so, it would be annoying being left with a bunch of pixels for too long. But I still really appreciate this cryptic approach they went for.

I hope so, it would be annoying being left with a bunch of pixels for too long. But I still really appreciate this cryptic approach they went for.
I agree. This is some of the most fun I have seen them do with a reveal since X and Y with Sylveon, how it just appeared in CoroCoro and its type was not abundantly clear because to us, it's type didn't exist yet. Like they have done some amazing reveals, but doing it in a way like this get's people talking, speculating, waiting, and wanting more. Keeping us on our toes for sure.

I think they won't leave us in the dark for too long though. I think at the very least they'll have Social Media posts about it or even a short video on the Youtube page. I hope this means a new full trailer for tomorrow though.

When you rotate the image...!

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking there must be a trailer dropping today then? Unless they plan to drag this glitch thing out until Monday.

The Friday the 13th glitch thing is a fun, surprising marketing tactic. Maybe they'll reveal other news things via glitches today, and then release a trailer in the afternoon? Either way, I see this being resolved today at some point.

Also yeah that is 100% Sirfetchd. The description makes it an evolution, and it's totally Farfetchd with a very long leek sword and a shield. Perfect for these games!

as i've been saying, they made this decision now as a ripping off the band-aid situation.
It’s actually more akin to ripping off a band-aid on a wound that’s still bleeding. Remember, SwSh are following the Let’s Go games, which were the first game that deliberately left out most of the National Dex. This came at a time where people were complaining about too much Kanto pandering. Given that this was a nostalgia-driven decision at a time where a good number of consumers felt overloaded by it, having SwSh and future games apply the same Pokédex policy as them immediately after the point of contention is only going to fuel the fire.

All in all, the timing of the Dexit policy (immediately after LGPE) matters just as much as Dexit itself. They should have waited until Gen 9 and not immediately after Let’s Go.

Also yeah that is 100% Sirfetchd. The description makes it an evolution, and it's totally Farfetchd with a very long leek sword and a shield.

I think it’s Galarian Farfetch’d instead. Going from duel Normal/Flying to pure Fighting doesn’t seem right. I don’t there’s ever been a case like that.

The description could very well be talking about how only powerful Kantonian Farfetch’d “evolved” into Galarian Farfetch’d.

I think it’s Galarian Farfetch’d instead. Going from duel Normal/Flying to pure Fighting doesn’t seem right. I don’t there’s ever been a case like that.

The inverse has occurred, with Ground-type Cubone evolving into Fire/Ghost-type Marowak. Additionally, Aggron sheds its Rock typing when it Mega Evolves, so there have been lost types as well.

If Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd because it has become a master of combat, then having a Fighting typing makes sense. Meanwhile, it could lose the Flying typing if the ability to fly became irrelevant toward, or too awkward, for its new lifestyle. Maybe its muscle gain made it less agile. Maybe all the time it spent fighting on the ground caused it to forget how to fly effectively, vestigializing it. Maybe it can't manage to fly while also wielding both its weapons.

Last edited:
The inverse has occurred, with Ground-type Cubone evolving into Fire/Ghost-type Marowak. Additionally, Aggron sheds its Rock typing when it Mega Evolves, so there have been lost types as well.

I’d say both of these are special cases though. One is a regional variant while the other is a Mega evolution and kinda not really an actual evolution. And in the case of Mega Aggron, it still shares part of its typing with normal Aggron.

If Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd because it has become a master of combat, then having a Fighting typing makes sense. Meanwhile, it could lose the Flying typing if the ability to fly became too awkward or irrelevant. Maybe its muscle gain made it less agile. Maybe all the time it spent fighting on the ground made its ability to fly become vestigial through lack of use. Maybe it can't manage to fly while also wielding both its weapons.

I can see how that would work.
It just seems odd in my opinion that Farfetch’d would go from Normal/Flying to pure Fighting instead of something like Normal/Fighting...

I’d say both of these are special cases though. One is a regional variant while the other is a Mega evolution and kinda not really an actual evolution. And in the case of Mega Aggron, it still shares part of its typing with normal Aggron.

And this would be a regional evolution. How would that not also be a "special case"? Especially when the phenomenon of regional evolution itself is already something we've never seen before, with only a specific form of Linoone being capable of evolution. It's uncharted waters.

Also, Farfetch'd's name in Japanese is カモネギ. But the partial name (ナイト) that the Japanese site gave away doesn't match that.

The description could very well be talking about how only powerful Kantonian Farfetch’d “evolved” into Galarian Farfetch’d.
The Japanese page confirms it is not Farfetchd, as the last part of the name is displayed and it is not Farfetchd's Japanese name.

Also, extreme type changes have precedence with Alolan forms already.

And this would be a regional evolution. How would that not also be a "special case"?

Because Sirfetch’d isn’t a preexisting Pokémon that’s getting a regional variant, unlike Marowak.

Also, Farfetch'd's name in Japanese is カモネギ. But the partial name (ナイト) that the Japanese site gave away doesn't match that.

This I did not know. In that case, it probably is Sirfetch’d instead. Does anyone know what the partial name says or is it gibberish?

Back
Top Bottom