• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

As weird as it may sound i think we will get one last pokemon sword and sheild direct before the end of the month.

That gives them time to reveal what ever this new Pokemon is, perhaps the mid evos for the starters and mabey a couple other pokemon or perhaps gym leaders.

Next month we are most certainly gonna know the legendary typeings and perhaps more.

It feels like October is gonna have to be the final push info wise. I don't see them waiting till the beginning of November to reveal the starters final evolutions

This glitch dropped at like 1AM eastern time, which is wild and unheard of. I feel like we can't really rule anything out anymore, although I suppose the timing of this glitch was a more reasonable time in Japan (midday?). And now it's the weekend...

I don't think we'll be getting a pokemon direct. They don't do those often and we've already got, what, 2 this news season?

I do think we could get a trailer though.
i mean the first one was only to reveal the game.. smash got 4 directs with news only.
i think we might get direct on october for starters evolutions reveal

I think we are gonna sit on this one for a while, since its currently already Saturday night in Japan (And they never release trailers in the weekends). So we get a trailer Monday on its earliest (Lets hope so, would be a nice birthday present).
Actually, we do get trailers on weekends.

(Saturday) April 6, 2013 - Mega Mewtwo trailer
(Sunday) August 11, 2013 - Mega Pokemon trailer
(Saturday) June 11, 2016- Zygarde Forms trailer

It doesn't happen often, but the assertion that we never get them is definitely a myth.

i mean the first one was only to reveal the game.. smash got 4 directs with news only.
i think we might get direct on october for starters evolutions reveal
Eeeeeh, the most number of Pokemon Directs that we've ever gotten for a game is two, and we've already had that many for Sword and Shield, so I'm with @Scruffyjay on this one- I don't think another Direct is likely, but we can probably expect a trailer soon.

Eeeeeh, the most number of Pokemon Directs that we've ever gotten for a game is two, and we've already had that many for Sword and Shield, so I'm with @Scruffyjay on this one- I don't think another Direct is likely, but we can probably expect a trailer soon.
It's the biggest switch game this year, if smash can get 3-4 directs, why can't pokemon get it ?
october pokemon direct with starters evolution reveal+legendaries typing sound super likely to me.

It's the biggest switch game this year, if smash can get 3-4 directs, why can't pokemon get it ?
october pokemon direct with starters evolution reveal+legendaries typing sound super likely to me.
You're talking about a game that is developed by Nintendo so of course it's going to get a bunch of Directs dedicated to it... it doesn't have a separate channel to release trailers on like Pokemon does.

I don't think we'll be seeing anymore Pokemon Directs for this game. There's not much that can justify it. The second direct we got this year showed off a lot, important characters, the Wild Area, Dynamax, a small handful of new Pokemon, and the legends. While we don't have a lot of the Pokemon revealed to us yet, I think we do have the major new mechanics all covered (The Wild Area, Dynamax and Gigantamax, and Pokemon Camp seem like they are the major new mechanics of the gen), and without some major mechanic to reveal, I think it's quite unlikely we'll see a Direct for just new Pokemon and new characters.

I do think we can easily see another trailer this month though. I don't think they'll have starter evolutions yet (but after this glitched Pokemon craziness I can't be too sure of anything), but I do think they'll definitely show off this glitched Pokemon, as well as a few other things. Next week is looking pretty likely, seeing as the Switch Lite comes out on Friday next week. Though I hope we at least have some more hints or answers to what this glitched Pokemon is before then. They have dropped news on the weekend in the past, so it certainly could happen.

Maybe we will get a direct and maybe not (50-50).. idc as long we getting something, hopefully soon.

I am hopeful that the glitch aspect has something to do with another Pokemon to be revealed, maybe in whichever news release is coming next, or, otherwise they might do this same thing once or twice more and then reveal/explain what it is referencing!

Theoretically it could be Eternatus, or Meteodyna, but it could just as well be a general new Pokemon that can cause electronics to glitch. The hill giant artwork makes it appear as though it (whichever Pokemon it depicts) can produce electrical/electromagnetic fields!

I wish they’d do more glitch reveals a la Meltan and now maybe Farfetch'd evolution. What if it were a mass bug invasion and there were a few rotating glitched Pokémon on the new website? Maybe even an entirely new Pokemon because that’d be more difficult to guess?

I really love Meltan-esque reveals and more of them might compensate for the lack of trailers for me.

I hope we'll get more teasers related to this mystery Pokémon in order to keep the hype and interest alive, unless it is revealed within the next couple days. It'd be a bit boring in my opinion if the only thing we get is just the cryptic tweet and glitchy image/webpage, and then radio silence until the mystery Pokémon is revealed a month or so later. There'd be a point where the leek leak would fall to the back of people's minds. The reveal just wouldn't have the same kind of impact than if the interest was kept up by more teasers.

Will anything come from this ?
IMG_20190915_000355.jpg

Apparently this Pokefan no.64 says something about no.65 having special info on sword and sheild and that one releases sep 28.

Will anything come from this ?
View attachment 125139

Apparently this Pokefan no.64 says something about no.65 having special info on sword and sheild and that one releases sep 28.

I'd say it'd just be either anime news early (we have an anime announcement due the next day) or a recap of the trailer that I'm assuming we're getting next week. It's worth noting that all the times I've seen the name, it's been in conjunction with anime title reveals, so probably the former. I'd like to see new info, but I have my doubts.

The mostly complete Pokedex entry esque writing for Sirfetch'd could be taken either way;
If it is implying that Farfetch'd do not battle enough in other regions to evolve, then it would be referring to the original form that we know.
But the glitch placeholder doesn't seem like it is meant to indicate the size of the word being replaced, it could say Galarian Farfetch'd!

Also now I do wonder whether the evolution method is simply to raise it to a high level, or, that it has to have been active (and maybe never KO'd) in a high enough number of battles?? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom