• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

We might have to wait until the end of the month to get more, possible even waiting until October.

…Why didn’t we get any Shield counterpart? I mean, I only expected Sirfetch’d in the first place, but if it’s a Sword version exclusive you’d think we would get the Shield counterpart as well.

Now watch as we get another glitch reveal for the Shield counterpart this month. :p

We might have to wait until the end of the month to get more, possible even waiting until October.
I don't think that we're getting a news drop at the end of September because that's when the next saga of the anime will be announced.

I'm hoping for a Delibird evolution to be the counterpart. At least we don't know what that one was supposed to look like.

Something tells me that it will be a random Fighting-type evolution instead, rather than another bird. Oh well.

Last edited:
Oh, I really thought we would have something beyond.

It is unclear whether Sirfetch'd evolves from a Galarian Farfetch'd or if it just evolves from Kantonians Farfetch'd inhabiting Galar, although the site description seems to imply the latter. Speaking of, Galarian Koffing is yet to be revealed, so this could be the case too.

Oh, I really thought we would have something beyond.

It is unclear whether Sirfetch'd evolves from a Galarian Farfetch'd or if it just evolves from Kantonians Farfetch'd inhabiting Galar, although the site description seems to imply the latter. Speaking of, Galarian Koffing is yet to be revealed, so this could be the case too.

It's probably gonna be a Cubone -> Alolan Marowak situation. Since they didn't reveal Galarian Koffing when Galaring Weezing was revealed, while Zigzaggoon's entire line was revealed to have gained a Galarian Form (plus an evo), I think it's safe to say that Koffing will be like Cubone was in Alola. And since they didn't reveal much else in Sirfetch'd's trailer (except a handful of newly confirmed Mon like Excavilier), and it hints that it evolves from a regular Farfetch'd, it could be very much the same situation. We shall see.

The small details of Sirfetch'd are most welcome; i am pleasantly surprised that it is a leek lance! The actual shield design is fantastic; maybe it will end up with King's Shield?

It does also seem possible now that a Shield-exclusive Pokemon will be revealed within the next few weeks!

Well what do you know. All that hype for a regional variant that’s exclusive to Sword.

I haven’t decided which version I am going to play just yet but I’m leaning Shield atm because I like Allister and I get the feeling 90% of people will be going Sword...so in a way this trailer might as well have not revealed anything at all for me.

I am wondering though if the glitch on the site being caused by a Rotom is another hint. So far we don’t really know anything about what the Rotom Phone can do besides modifying the Bicycle.

As I’ve said before, I think some of the features that are being glossed over, are going to end up being the kinds of things that could win over some of the wavering crowd who is angry about Dexit and unsure whether to buy or pass. So in a way I think it is kind of unfortunate that they seem to deliberately be revealing so little.

official site said:
Meteor Assault is a new move introduced in these games that only Sirfetch'd can learn! Sirfetch'd points its leek at the opponent and charges toward them at great speed. This move is devastatingly powerful! However, it appears that the move also puts great strain on Sirfetch'd. It will be unable to take action immediately after using this move.
right, because that's what everyone wanted, another hyper beam variant

How much could’ve it hurt them to actually reveal the shield exclusive, some other new Pokemon, Impidimp or even Sirfetch'd signature move name in the trailer itself? It felt very annoyingly short.

At least it’s eyes were completely different than expected. Sirfetch'd looks more like a Galarian farfetch'd than an entire evolution... I like the attitude it has, though, and the anime eyes kinda work.

They actually made a page about the glitch...

They’ve added Sirfetch’d's picture in a small circle like the way they usually do on a page with multiple or multiple upcoming Pokémon... what if the glitch resurfaces again and reveals more Pokémon that will be added on the page?
I'll admit I might be grasping at straws but it’d be nice to see what others think.

The whole glitch thing gave me the impression that there was gonna be something more than just... Sirfetch'd.

And then they ended up hand-waving the entire thing as 'A Rotom did it! Haha, silly Rotom!' (Granted; a Rotom cry did come up when the 'glitched' page loaded, but still)

This was probably the most boring reveal to date; this is coming from someone who had their hype re-ignited by Galarian formes...

It's probably gonna be a Cubone -> Alolan Marowak situation. Since they didn't reveal Galarian Koffing when Galaring Weezing was revealed, while Zigzaggoon's entire line was revealed to have gained a Galarian Form (plus an evo), I think it's safe to say that Koffing will be like Cubone was in Alola. And since they didn't reveal much else in Sirfetch'd's trailer (except a handful of newly confirmed Mon like Excavilier), and it hints that it evolves from a regular Farfetch'd, it could be very much the same situation. We shall see.

Yeah, I thought about that. Even so, I was kind of reluctant before jumping into conclusions, but it really seems so. I had checked Galarian Weezing's page to see how it referred to Koffing, but there was nothing. Now I've found a mention of Galarian Linoone on Obstagoon's page. There is a clear difference between their mentions (Galarian Linoone and Sirfetch'd pre-evo):

"...Obstagoon, which evolves from Galarian Linoone, is one example..." (from the official site)
"...Only Farfetch'd that have survived many battles can attain this evolution..." (from the official site)
"...Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d..." (from twitter) edit: wait, I've found one phrase of Obstagoon's page similar to this one, about "linoone inhabiting Galar region", so this one has no difference, actually.

So yes. There is no confirmation, but it seems to be the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom