• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I figured they'd only reveal Sirfetch'd, so I'm surprised they actually had a trailer. I thought they'd only update the site. Well, I still think this was a really cool reveal. And with Sirfetch'd being exclusive to Sword, I hope we'll also get the corresponding Shield exclusive sometime later this month.

I’m still like...in shock they made us all wait for almost a week just to see a Sword exclusive Pokémon. Sure, it’s cool and all, but i’m angry we had to wait for this long.

I'm really gonna need another wild Rotom to glitch leak the Shield counterpart later this week... Unlike the sparsity of this cycle in general, it really feels like we are owed this. Especially with how random this glitch thing is if it really ends up being this one time thing.

Gods I hate rotom. Why are they suddenly so obsessed with the damned thing?

It's really weird to me how they're treating this like an in-universe pokemon are real thing while at the same time handling this as a video game.

A rotom glitch doesn't even make sense for Friday the 13th. It's supposed to be a creepy eerie bad luck thing. If anything a ghost type should have messed with things.

It didn't tie in very well with the date if that was really the point. It kinda just failed on all accounts in terms of being funny or even clever.
It was acting like. "Oh we were going to show you guys a new pokemon, but Uh Oh, site is acting up! Must be our unlucky day! HAHAHA!"
Also, Rotom IS Ghost type

Last edited:
Yeah, I should have worded that better. They didn't focus on the ghost aspect of Rotom, just the electrical 'gets into electronic stuff' bit.

Friday teh 13th weirdness makes me think more horror type stuff. Like maybe instead of being all pixels and glitched words would blink in and out, maybe occasionally a ghastly face flashes on screen. The blurred picture warps between hyper pixelization and the ghost sprites you'd see without the silph scope.

It was acting like. "Oh we were going to show you guys a new pokemon, but Uh Oh, site is acting up! Must be our unlucky day! HAHAHA!"
But then they kept it like that for the 14th, and the 15th, and the 16th, and the 17th. Kinda loses the cleverness of being unlucky when it's not the 13th anymore.

Back
Top Bottom