• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

On a per-game basis it's less to track, yeah, but on a whole-franchise basis, it's creeping towards becoming messy.

I mean... depending on whose standards, is it not already?

Aside from that, the thing is, I don't think they actually expect most people to have the entire franchise and all its cavernous nuances memorized. That's why they've been so nervous about the growing amount of Pokémon, in part because it's so much for people to keep track of.

They were building it up to be like it was some sort of demi-legendary Mon that could've had a tie-in to the box legends (ie: Lake Trio).

I really, really don't see how they were doing that. Granted, thanks to the leaker we could already tell what it was, which does pre-color the execution, but still, novelty doesn't necessarily indicate importance, and all they did was tweet once and put up a glitched page with a cursor gag as a subtle reference to chasing Farfetch'd in Gold & Silver. It's not like they sat there the whole five days tweeting and going "wHaT iS gOiNg oN wItH oUr sErVeRs gUyS!?!?!? wE hAd a mAjOr dIsCoVeRy tO sHoW yOu!!!"

Aside from that, the thing is, I don't think they actually expect most people to have the entire franchise and all its cavernous nuances memorized. That's why they've been so nervous about the growing amount of Pokémon, in part because it's so much for people to keep track of.

But Oriden specifically stated they weren't talking about the amount of Pokémon ("...you can't count on the fact that your Rattata will definitely always evolve into a Raticate..."/"... Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd in Galar but doesn't evolve in the next region? Gets an entirely new evolution and pretends like Sirfetch'd doesn't exist? I just want to know that they're not going to take Dexit and this regional thing too far and lead us down the Digimon route where a monster can evolve into twenty different things based on way too many factors..."). Digimon is much more complicated, even with fewer monsters per game.

I mean... depending on whose standards, is it not already?

I don't know what this is supposed to prove, though.

But Oriden specifically stated they weren't talking about the amount of Pokémon ("...you can't count on the fact that your Rattata will definitely always evolve into a Raticate..."/"... Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd in Galar but doesn't evolve in the next region? Gets an entirely new evolution and pretends like Sirfetch'd doesn't exist? I just want to know that they're not going to take Dexit and this regional thing too far and lead us down the Digimon route where a monster can evolve into twenty different things based on way too many factors..."). Digimon is much more complicated, even with fewer monsters per game.

I don't know what this is supposed to prove, though.

I'm just saying that depending on who you ask, we could already be past the point of critical mass. The current situation may not be confusing and unmanageable for you or me or Oriden, but to other people, piling various regional evolutions or whatever on top of what we already have isn't going to make much of a difference because there's already so much to keep track of.

I'm just saying that depending on who you ask, we could already be past the point of critical mass. The current situation may not be confusing and unmanageable for you or me or Oriden, but to other people, piling various regional evolutions or whatever on top of what we already have isn't going to make much of a difference because there's already so much to keep track of.

I see, but just because something is already messy doesn't mean we should not complain when it gets messier, don't you think? We should also take into consideration that a considerable part of the community has been asking for simplifications revolving evolutions methods for years now (like the constant requests to make Leafeon and Glaceon evolve via stones too). Regionals can take things to a whole new level, as Oriden has exemplified.

About the amount of Pokémon specifically, yes, for sure the more monsters (and hence likely new evolutionary methods), the messier it gets too. But from streamlining things to removing monsters from the game (especially when it comes to the Pokémon series) is a different cost. So, I think this could leads to another matter.

I see, but just because something is already messy doesn't mean we should not complain when it gets messier, don't you think? We should also take into consideration that a considerable part of the community has been asking for simplifications revolving evolutions methods for years now (like the constant requests to make Leafeon and Glaceon evolve via stones too). Regionals can take things to a whole new level, as Oriden has exemplified.

About the amount of Pokémon specifically, yes, for sure the more monsters (and hence likely new evolutionary methods), the messier it gets too. But from streamlining things to removing monsters from the game (especially when it comes to the Pokémon series) is a different cost. So, I think this could leads to another matter.
I think what esserise meant to say that he doesn't necessarily agree that the franchise is getting more messy thanks to regional evolutions and dexit. And I somewhat agree. I don't see why it would be hard for us to keep track of things. When a new game releases, just like now, we would get a set of pokemon in the dex and regardless of the game they would all be connected to Home.

Also I believe a lot of the pre-season disappointment stems from the fact that majority of what they have revealed was already known thanks to the Afleck leak. I remember how people were excited during the Obstagoon reveal but after 2 weeks started complaining about the promotions being poor again. It is hard to stay hyped about things you already guessed would happen. That said, GF could step it up a bit.

I mean, for my own part I don't have a problem with the way it is now; I've never sympathized with those Leafeon/Glaceon requests and I think we'd have to be going at a much faster rate than one new region/wave of Pokémon every three or so years for things like regional evolutions to accumulate to a point that it becomes even remotely as convoluted as Digimon (to start with, Digimon already have at least three more stages in every line than Pokémon, and certain Digimon can occur in multiple different lines whereas Pokémon consist of 100% discrete families with no overlaps). I don't really see a particular danger here. It just seems kind of disproportionate to me to look at the 800 Pokémon and various conditional forms that all exist right now and say, "Nothing too hard to manage here" but then to take one look at Sirfetch'd and worry that it's a sign of a shattering dam.

I think what esserise meant to say that he doesn't necessarily agree that the franchise is getting more messy thanks to regional evolutions and dexit. And I somewhat agree. I don't see why it would be hard for us to keep track of things. When a new game releases, just like now, we would get a set of pokemon in the dex and regardless of the game they would all be connected to Home.

Not sure if that what's he meant. But about the Dexit alone, I meant I don't agree that removing Pokémon is equivalent of trying to avoid messing up further with regionals. I mean, sure things can be messy already in a way, but the problem pointed out there is different. I think the examples used demonstrate it well enough. I will address the other point replying to Esserise.

I mean, for my own part I don't have a problem with the way it is now; I've never sympathized with those Leafeon/Glaceon requests and I think we'd have to be going at a much faster rate than one new region/wave of Pokémon every three or so years for things like regional evolutions to accumulate to a point that it becomes even remotely as convoluted as Digimon (to start with, Digimon already have at least three more stages in every line than Pokémon, and certain Digimon can occur in multiple different lines whereas Pokémon consist of 100% discrete families with no overlaps). I don't really see a particular danger here. It just seems kind of disproportionate to me to look at the 800 Pokémon and various conditional forms that all exist right now and say, "Nothing too hard to manage here" but then to take one look at Sirfetch'd and worry that it's a sign of a shattering dam.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it either, and I didn't mean things are getting as convoluted as Digimon.

But I do disagree about the rest. I can see what could be a particular "danger", in the sense that once there's no longer a need to keep track of everything else, they can underestimate the impact of their actions (let's say), and eventually let things get out of hand. In the scenario we have now (with games being it own thing alone), it can be easy to think, when developing a game alone, that one more addition will not make things too complicated, but when considering the franchise as a whole, it can become cumulative over time.

You can argue that a lot has already accumulated, but I think that was not the point first addressed (about regionals taking it to a new level). You've said you don't sympathize with Leafeon and Glaceon's requests yourself, but I'm sure I've seen Oriden asking for them somewhere else, for example.

Last edited:
we don't know anything about the evolution methods in Galar yet/

From normal/flying into figthing, sweet but fighting/flying wouldn't be bad, maybe they wanted it to not erase it's preevolution.
Also avoided many weaknesses actually with that.

Hope both get upgrade Farfetched would need Bounce, both would give flying press, hope for steel sword move, or smart strike.
Farfetched got only 2 fighting type moves past generations.

Both should learn Leaf Blade and Solar Blade in my opinion, Sir should get Spiky Shield as a surprise there with that shield.

Interesting Farfetched learned Feint a move that breaks through protects, interesting.
First Impresion will hit hard psychic and dark types in the games.

Wonder if that new move will do something more then be a fighting type version of giga impact and get SE only.
___

2 coro coros would mean reveal of 4 or 6 pokemon, we had something like 24, if they reveal 6 more then, 2 or 1 per event , 30 before realese then maybe this gen has 90 pokemon + 20 or 30 forms? starters will be 6 more pokemon(second and third stage).

In gen VII we got 81 in sund and moon and in ultra they added 5 more, total 86, maybe similar will be here, we will see.

Last edited:
2 coro coros would mean reveal of 4 or 6 pokemon, we had something like 24, if they reveal 6 more then, 2 or 1 per event , 30 before realese then maybe this gen has 90 pokemon + 20 or 30 forms? starters will be 6 more pokemon(second and third stage).
Been absent for most of this news cycle? =P CoroCoro isn't revealing anything.

That's just a rumor.

we got a castle with a very well designed head there, the body is his fanfick but the head, black, dragon/fire or dragon/ghost or dragon/dark.
We got fire and dark last gen, would point to ghost. 4 generations Giratina was a legendary, a regular one should be there.

I hold figers cross for my wish of a dragon/ghost skeleton with immunity to special attacks, would be so marvelous looking black skeleton.

Last edited:
maybe something will happen tomorrow to indicate something will be shown next week for the shield exclusive?
tomorrow the Lite launches, so maybe we will see something about the starters soon too.

maybe something will happen tomorrow to indicate something will be shown next week for the shield exclusive?
tomorrow the Lite launches, so maybe we will see something about the starters soon too.
Oh yeah, forgot they launch tomorrow. Sadly I preordered the pokemon version. So I still have to wait till November.

I luckily got a couple of friends that will buy one of the versions, so I can probably get the other version quite easily if I want to use it in my team.

Back
Top Bottom