• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Honestly, all the official info given I wonder is acting partly in accordance with the leak. Just handing surprises we might as well be spoiled by. Which is why the info we have now officially matches up with the leak.

Honestly, all the official info given I wonder is acting partly in accordance with the leak. Just handing surprises we might as well be spoiled by. Which is why the info we have now officially matches up with the leak.
That doesn't seem like a good marketing move, though, because they're not trying to wow us with anything we don't already know about? They might as well just be letting this leak sell their games and on its own... man it really isn't a game seller. Even if we didn't have this leak, everything they've shown would have been pretty lackluster, but it's just more lackluster now.

Through the scourge that is 4Chan? Nah.

Well... technically he just says that he "didn't get too far" which natural assumption would be "in the game" but he could have not gotten far in reading through something too.

Besides thinking that Zacian and Zamazenta were the same Pokémon (implying that they only saw their images or something but had no other information about them, besides knowing the name of one of them, probably from the one of the version they played which judging by Sirfetch'd info should be Zacian). There are very specific information there, such as Cramorant taking a barracuda "or a pikachu". This part wasn't revealed in the trailer, and we don't even know if it will be so until the release of the game. Unless it was ruled out by the marketing team, only someone who had access to other material could know that. They also cite other specific things like the gym puzzles and things like "Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map". And they don't know/remember about the other starters as much as they do about Sobble, which implies that it may have been their starter.

You have a point, but it seems to me that they really played the game. I wonder how.

Last edited:
You know, assuming they weren't lying, it would be pretty easy to TPC to identify Affleck if they wanted to. They would just need to look for someone who had played the english language version of Sword, that chose Sobble, and that has not passed through Opal.

On second thoughts, assuming they played the Sword version, Opal and Kabu could be exclusive version gyms, as well.

I feel like the Affleck leaker was most likely some sort of beta tester which lines up with " I didn't get to far" line.
That's likely why he was able to describe how some of the gym puzzles work because I doubt Nintendo going to talk about those individually.

I feel like the Affleck leaker was most likely some sort of beta tester which lines up with " I didn't get to far" line.
That's likely why he was able to describe how some of the gym puzzles work because I doubt Nintendo going to talk about those individually.
Also why he knew the evos of sobble but couldn't remember much about the other two.

I see that there's very little to talk about around these parts.

The lack of plausible leaks is about as weird as the minimal information.

Also why he knew the evos of sobble but couldn't remember much about the other two.
yeah and based on experience he probably was only allowed to play to a certain part which explains his explanation on the gym challenges.
I should state that really no company bases their cycle on what someone has leaked.

Definitely suspect a trailer next week. If they continue to follow their usual pattern, it would be next week on Wednesday, 10/2 (PST).

My predictions for possible things in the trailer (doesn't have to be all of them, these are just somethings that could be revealed)
  • Starter Middle Evolutions
  • Possibly Shield Exclusive Pokemon to counterpart Sirfetch'd in Sword
  • Some new Galarian and/or Gigantamax forms
  • New characters, likely gym leaders if this is the case.
  • Small chance of there being a new Eevee, based on how the social media has been pushing Umbreon a lot recently, for no reason. And the trailer from the Nintendo Direct suddenly showing off Eevee and all the Eeveelutions. (The chance is small, but I do like to hold a little hope that these are hints)
If we don't see the Shield exclusive in the trailer, I can imagine they have another mystery thing planned. I think it would be smart of them to reveal the Shield Exclusive in a similar way (not the exact same, just have some mystery behind it), so they are treating the games equally.

Next wednesday could be somewhat plausible for another (maybe sudden) trailer about something.

Let's hope for the best.

don't they usually post a trailer at the second week of the month?

Back
Top Bottom