• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Rowlet's the most popular out of all the Alolan starters & evos combined while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages. It's why they kept Rowlet as is and had Lana's Popplio fully evolve.

As for Go & Scorbunny, I'm leaning towards Scorbunny not evolving similar to Pikachu, especially if they intend on keeping him around for longer than just this new series. Would be easier to "nerf" him in future sagas, and they'd have his goal as an excuse to keep him.
that or evolve him at the end of the series before they part ways if they do that.

Rowlet's the most popular out of all the Alolan starters & evos combined while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages. It's why they kept Rowlet as is and had Lana's Popplio fully evolve.
Decidueye is the least popular? I had no idea. I always saw Incineroar getting absolutely no love. (Primarina is the flawless winner of gen 7 starters though).

Anyway, man I think I derailed the thread a little bit. All I set out to do was see if anything could be gleaned from Scorbunny being Pikachu #2. Lol

I recall the Japanese video introducing the series going "two main characters!!!" (In Japanese of course, and I'm paraphrasing) like it was a big reveal, and then showing Satoshi followed by Gou. I'll have to rewatch to remember exactly.

Edit: yes, it specifically states that there are two main characters / double protagonists in the reveal, in a way that implies it is a new concept and that Gou is equal to Ash in terms of importance in the series.

Problem is that the girl is also the main protagonist (Especially with the PC girls).

while Decidueye is the least popular in terms of final stages

I'm going to need a source on that because, on other forums, Decidueye is usually the winner out of the three starters.. A ton of starter tier posts on r/pokemon ranked Decidueye the highest out of the three starters with Primarina/Popplio usually ranked the worst.

They're probably referring to the japanese audience. There is this ranking of Nintendo Dream, among others:

w6fOgJa.jpg

They're probably referring to the japanese audience. There is this ranking of Nintendo Dream, among others:

w6fOgJa.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, and I agree the thread might've been derailed a bit.

Also the final stages of the Alolan starters reminded me of something - I looked back on the pre-release videos for Sun/Moon and noticed they revealed both the middle and final evolutions in the same month. Middle evolutions for October 4th & final evolutions for October 27th. Think they could repeat it again instead of saving the final evolutions for November?

Think they could repeat it again instead of saving the final evolutions for November?

Considering this news cycle is far more secretive than SM's news cycle, I think they won't reveal the final evolutions in October, instead saving them for November.

6th of november maybe? It would also be a nice hype build. ( I still dont wanna wait that long )

The only reason they revealed the final SM starter forms the time they did is because they were already leaked months and months ahead of time. So once the middle stages were revealed, there was no reason to keep holding back on revealing something that everyone already knew about. Lol

I recall the Japanese video introducing the series going "two main characters!!!" (In Japanese of course, and I'm paraphrasing) like it was a big reveal, and then showing Satoshi followed by Gou. I'll have to rewatch to remember exactly.

Edit: yes, it specifically states that there are two main characters / double protagonists in the reveal, in a way that implies it is a new concept and that Gou is equal to Ash in terms of importance in the series.
Aaaah, okay. That's interesting... though Gou is quite the bland design for a main character. XD I can see them disappearing by the end of this series. And sorry Gou but please do and take your dumb rabbit with you.

Problem is that the girl is also the main protagonist (Especially with the PC girls).
No, Ash/Satoshi has always been THE 'main protagonist' of the series. All the other main characters that went along with him were companions, but I don't think they were ever described as the main protagonist. It's always been about Ash/Satoshi first and foremost.

This reveal very deliberately states that Gou shares the 'main protagonist' role with Ash/Satoshi, and that this new series has a double main protagonist feature.

Gou is different from any of Ash's past companions. He's being marketed as a main character equal to Ash, and not a supporting character. To me, it makes Scorbunny on Pikachu's level, which is a new thing.
Interestingly enough, one other character was marketed as a main character and not a supporting one in a similar vein- Dawn.

I got my favourite Scorbunny! I’m still interested in seeing how Sobble turns out too since it’s a good match for my personality.

Glimwood Tangle name revelation increased to 5 the number of places we know the names of:
  • South Lake Miloch
  • East Lake Axewell
  • Rolling Fields
  • Watchover Ruins
  • Glimwood Tangle
Speaking of, of all the places we know that exist, which I looking forward the most to take a peek at for sure is the city to the north.

Glimwood Tangle name revelation increased to 5 the number of places we know the names of:
  • South Lake Miloch
  • East Lake Axewell
  • Rolling Fields
  • Watchover Ruins
  • Glimwood Tangle
Speaking of, of all the places we know that exist, which I looking forward the most to take a peek at for sure is the city to the north.
were did you get the names of the four others?
Don't forget turrfield town

Back
Top Bottom