• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Got Grookey first and then Sobble, so it seems i am starting my main game with Sobble and then my other game with Grookey. Then i delete the second one and go Scorbunny run.

Also: Don't hang out on the page longer than needed. Jeezs, grow up people.

I always start with Grass; even in Gen VI, which was the first time where I was horrified by the final form of my precious Grass starter (Sceptile took time to grow on me, but that was more indifference). I mean, it was like Dr. Robotnik and Sonic had been merged and then given a green color scheme.

So unless Grookey ends up looking like a cross between Delphox amd Chesnaught, I’ll still be choosing the Grass-type starter my first playthrough, regardless of whatever ramdomizer tries to pair me with

which was the first time where I was horrified by the final form of my precious Grass starter [...] I mean, it was like Dr. Robotnik and Sonic had been merged and then given a green color scheme.

Shuffle652.png
I will not tolerate this Chesnaught disrespect.

I've always figured out my starter pokemon nearly at the beginning (which I believe besides kanto and alola were originally cyndaquil-torchic-piplup-snivy-fennekin but now I prefer cyndaquil-mudkip-chimchar-snivy-fennekin), except for alola and galar (because I liked primarina more than incineroar despite preferring litten, and I don't like the galar starters much)...I'm really hoping we get the evos very very soon so I can properly decide.

I've always been more of a fire starter person but Scorbunny just...doesn't catch me. Neither do the other two but at least I kinda like Sobble I guess.

Last edited:
Got Scorbunny from that screenshot thing, which isn't what I'm planning on going with although I have warmed up to it as a design upon seeing it move in-game and seeing it in the cute feature artworks they've put out.

I've always decided my first Starter from just looking at the base stage, and I've stuck with that. I get around to trying the others later in subsequent playthroughs.

That logo is also present in Milo's gym.

And on his uniform. -just looked back through some trailers-
At this point, though. Unless it's specifically stated as a town name, it could be something like Hotel Ritchissime or all of the restraunts. Milo could just work there or be the first gym leader with an in-game last name.

Back
Top Bottom