• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So, monday grookey. tuesday scorbunny. wednesday sobble.
please tell me thursday = mid evolutions

I’m not getting my hopes up too much, to avoid disappointment; but I’m hoping we get them revealed this week, along with the official reveal of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, Impadimp and maybe another set of version exclusive gym leaders.

Again, aren't the videos like totally unrelated from the general marketing strategy? As they are made by Gameinformer.

Plot twist; Scorbunny becomes lazy on evolution and resembles a red version of Snorlax, Fire/Food type.

over my dead body. Hell no... Hell no... and no fire/fighting... Emboar 2.0 ...
something like that with a horse or ox/bull starter but not with a rabbit.

Calling it now, Sobble is the patron Pokemon of clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder.

I'm thinking they're going to say Sobble is for the misunderstood, quiet type of Trainer who nevertheless cares deeply about their Pokémon, and who can get it to warm up to them.

EDIT:
So Galarian Ponyta is the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. So I guess that's another point in favor of Shield for me, since I like its design better than Sirfetch'd, personally.

It's hard to see because of the scan quality, but it does indeed look to be pure Fairy-type, judging by the pink colored line in the info box. Which raises the question: Will a Galarian Rapidash be Opal's ace Pokémon? Or will Gloria (aka "Shield") own one in the Anime or Manga?

In any case, I'm really, REALLY hoping we get middle stage starter evos along with Galarian Ponyta & Rapidash in the next trailer, especially with the starter GameFreak interview videos hinting at that.

Last edited:
Given its seemingly pure fairy type, it’s quite possible now that Galarian Rapidash is the Fairy Flying, as speculated with the stream.

Interesting ability, and right now, considering also the pseudo exclusive mons (Tyranitar is one of my all time favourites), I’d go with Shield. It seems a little unbalanced having once exclusive with both Galarian form, while the other has a cross evolution. .

Although it’s possible that there’ll be an inverse situation, with a yet revealed cross evolution for Shield, and a full Galarian line for Sword, but I wouldn’t get the point to announcing the exclusive in that order.

One thing I’d say, even if I like the restrain I marketing reveals and spoilers, not knowing which Pokémon you get in each version, at least a decent number of them, isn’t making the choice easy.

Something to consider, though, is that some leak were referring to Galarian Ponyta and Sirfetch, I think. with Chalot having a ghost evolution and Blitze being exclusive of the opposites version, and the fairy gym leader using either Rapidash or Zebstrika, the opposite of the one we could have in the game.

The combination would make sense as for the cross evo of the flying Pokémon, you’d get the one with the type based on the gym exclusive, and the two equine, Galarian fairy type lines would be a perfect balance. I still wouldn’t get the weird way to announce them, but the whole marketing stage has been uncommon.

If this leak is true, it mentioned a second pair of exclusive gyms (which makes sense to me in any case, with the idea of Major and minor league). It’d be a Dark-Steel switch.

Something to consider, though, is that some leak were referring to Galarian Ponyta and Sirfetch, I think. with Chalot having a ghost evolution and Blitze being exclusive of the opposites version, and the fairy gym leader using either Rapidash or Zebstrika, the opposite of the one we could have in the game.

The combination would make sense as for the cross evo of the flying Pokémon, you’d get the one with the type based on the gym exclusive, and the two equine, Galarian fairy type lines would be a perfect balance. I still wouldn’t get the weird way to announce them, but the whole marketing stage has been uncommon.

If this leak is true, it mentioned a second pair of exclusive gyms (which makes sense to me in any case, with the idea of Major and minor league). It’d be a Dark-Steel switch.
This Famitsu article implies that the G-Ponyta line and Sirfetch'd are version exclusive counterparts of each other.

This Famitsu article implies that the G-Ponyta line and Sirfetch'd are version exclusive counterparts of each other.

If that’s what it said, then it’d fit the time of reveal, but it’d still be weird to have the two exclusives being so different, one a cross evo and another a Galarian line.

It doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t announce later Chalot’s ego and Galarian Blitze, but it’d be quite more far-fetched.

Back
Top Bottom