• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So, are they just going to not give Impidimp an official reveal or what? We already know it exists; there’s really no point in withholding information about it until the game’s release.
As i said in another thread, there must be something going on with Impidimp and its line. Possibly it’s the pseudo legendary of this gen, which I’d personally love.

So, are they just going to not give Impidimp an official reveal or what? We already know it exists; there’s really no point in withholding information about it until the game’s release.

On the other hand, if we already know it exists and what its type is, one could argue that there's not much point in giving it a formal reveal since it's already pretty much out there. Unless it's hiding something big, all that would be left to show are its ability (inb4 Prankster) and possible evolution(s) (which at the rate they've been going, I doubt they even would). Of course, whether it is hiding something or not, the mystery keeps people talking and speculating more than the truth would.

I honestly think they just forgot to advertise it the first time, but just decided to move on without doing so

That’s also a possibility. But if they decided to do so, why continuing to tease the fans about it, like they did in the stream?

One thing to keep in mind is that this marketing cycle is quite weird and unique, especially compared to recent ones from GF. Everything is possible at this point.

On the other hand, if we already know it exists and what its type is, one could argue that there's not much point in giving it a formal reveal since it's already out there. Unless it's hiding something big, all that would be left to show are its ability (inb4 Prankster) and possible evolution(s) (which at the rate they've been going, I doubt they even would). And whether it is hiding something or not, the mystery keeps people talking and speculating.
I would tend to agree were it not for them dedicating an official reveal to Yamper. Though to be fair, Yamper is a lot less mysterious.

We waited through a 24 hour stream plus three days for a 20 second reveal of one Pokémon.....

Anyways, it’s really interesting to see that Galarian Ponyta is Psychic and not Fairy. I’m a little disappointed that it’s Shield exclusive though because it’s made it harder to choose between the two...

Maybe they saving impidimp for the next trailer along side starter evolutions

I would tend to agree were it not for them dedicating an official reveal to Yamper. Though to be fair, Yamper is a lot less mysterious.

I mean I'm not even super-committed to what I just said; I don't think it's really a big deal to them either way to be honest. :p But Yamper has actually been shown off a fair bit since its initial reveal, mostly in Camp-related stuff, which I would imagine would be something they had planned ahead of time to some degree.

Counterpart of Farfetch'd?

Rings more alarm bells honestly. They've never been counterparts in any way, shape or form. This makes it seem like there really are very very few new designs that they have to make Ponyta a counterpart to Farfetch'd.

They aren't even the same really. How is Ponyta defense oriented? Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution and Ponyta is just a Galarian form. Farfetch'd didn't even get a form.

Perhaps Impidimp showing up unannounced is meant to be a running gag like how the adverts for Lilo & Stitch were of Stitch showing up in other Disney films as a joke.

In that case, I’ll be naming my Impidimp Stitch (once I get a Switch).

Counterpart of Farfetch'd?

Rings more alarm bells honestly. They've never been counterparts in any way, shape or form. This makes it seem like there really are very very few new designs that they have to make Ponyta a counterpart to Farfetch'd.

They aren't even the same really. How is Ponyta defense oriented? Sirfetch'd is a regional evolution and Ponyta is just a Galarian form. Farfetch'd didn't even get a form.
Perhaps there’s a gameplay gimmick or something lore related about Sirfetch’d using Galarian Rapidash as some sort of steed?

A little disappointed in the typing because I was hoping to use Ponyta as my fairy-type. Oh well. It's still a beautiful design and I'm still lowkey considering getting Shield now. I wish we could have seen Rappy too.

Back
Top Bottom