• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

good thing that the marketing isn't really meant for people skeptical of the games because of Dexit

I disagree. The whole point of the marketing is to encourage people to buy the games, to showcase that it's worth the $60, and people skeptical of them due to Dexit are among the ones that need to be convinced, in GameFreak's eyes at least. They're potential customers just like everyone else.

I do think their whole marketing strategy is a result of the fans who thought they revealed too much for Sun and Moon, but this is just the wrong game to do it for. For many fans, they already killed a lot of they hype the moment they said not all Pokemon can be transferred into Sword and Shield. A lot are still skeptical of these games and worried they won't be worth the 20 dollar price hike. People are worried this will be a bare minimum Pokemon experience with not enough content to justify the price hike. They need to tell us that despite the national dex cut, these games are still going to be worth it, and the marketing strategy this time isn't raising much hype when they're doing things like dragging out reveals for one Pokemon and not showing us a lot of new features and Pokemon.

I still think they are revealing even less than planned due to getting bombarded by dexit trolls. They usually ramp up promo after E3, but E3 is when the whole dexit thing started. Even one of the top comments on the twitter comments for the Galarian Ponyta post was a dexit troll comment. I think they decided to lay very low and let the games speak for themselves once out.

I still think they are revealing even less than planned due to getting bombarded by dexit trolls. They usually ramp up promo after E3, but E3 is when the whole dexit thing started. Even one of the top comments on the twitter comments for the Galarian Ponyta post was a dexit troll comment. I think they decided to lay very low and let the games speak for themselves once out.
How would that remotely help them, though? If that was the logic might as well stop giving us any news rather than this bare bones trickle. Like the rate of news isn't even that terrible, we are getting two a month which is plenty, but it's how little they're putting out when they do. They've just been giving plenty of opportunities for Dexit to rage and very little to hype over to remotely drown it out. They haven't done anything to avoid the drama, only gave it a wide open stage to stand on.

I don't think that we needed more frequent trailers, we just need more in them.

What's your logic here? Are you trying to say that they are releasing fewer advertisements to give the Dexit folks less real estate to comment on? I don't think that will work with the way the internet is, there is always space for people to voice their opinions on these sorts of things.

How would that remotely help them, though? If that was the logic might as well stop giving us any news rather than this bare bones trickle. Like the rate of news isn't even that terrible, we are getting two a month which is plenty, but it's how little they're putting out when they do. They've just been giving plenty of opportunities for Dexit to rage and very little to hype over to remotely drown it out. They haven't done anything to avoid the drama, only gave it a wide open stage to stand on.

I don't think that we needed more frequent trailers, we just need more in them.
I disagree. They’ve awarded less opportunities (less open stages) to let trolls troll. Disengaging is a valid tactic when dealing with extreme hate and backlash. It’s obvious they’ve been in a lose-lose situation, so choosing to only reveal the bare minimum is a sound strategy. People still complain and hate no matter what, so giving them less to complain and hate about works.

It’s also them playing the long game. They know that, release week, there will be tons of negative press with full lists of every Pokémon not in these games. Choosing to save most of the new content to release at the same time as those lists is very smart. If they had been releasing things every week, they wouldn’t have much new content for people to write about to combat those articles.

What is a dexit troll?

I disagree. They’ve awarded less opportunities (less open stages) to let trolls troll. Disengaging is a valid tactic when dealing with extreme hate and backlash. It’s obvious they’ve been in a lose-lose situation, so choosing to only reveal the bare minimum is a sound strategy. People still complain and hate no matter what, so giving them less to complain and hate about works.

Keeping information to a minimum isn’t always a good idea. Remember, GameFreak is selling something here. It’s not like Masuda came out and said something controversial or offensive where staying out of the public’s eye would be a good idea. A common criticism from anti-Dexit folks is that the games don’t have enough content to justify the Dexit cut. By keeping information to a minimum, GameFreak is doing a poor job of countering those claims. They’re not showing that the games are worth the price hike and cut content. I mean, people like to know what they’re buying... “choosing to only reveal the bare minimum” is a poor strategy. They want people to buy these games, right?

What is a dexit troll?
I’m assuming they’re referring to the anti-Dexit people that comment on the Twitter account.

As I said a few pages back it's a bit of a double-edged sword.
Like' if Pokemon sun and moon were in this situation during its pre-release cycle that would have been a never-ending nightmare probably even worse than what we're in now.
The cut on what would've been the franchise's 20th anniversary would've made the games more controversial designs like Ubs or Trials alot more pronounced.
Heck, the regional variants likely wouldn't have been nearly as popular if they were blamed for getting in or sometime else's favorite mon.
Just revealing alot to drown out complaints is just tap-dancing around the bigger concern which in this case is people wanting assurance that they'll be able to use all Pokemon not just a fraction.

But those aren't trolls, they are just dissatisfied people.

Of course, there are trolls there too, just as there are trolls everywhere on the internet.

I agree with you, but I assumed geebraprint was referring to any anti-Dexit person that comments on the Twitter, whether they are a genuine troll or not.

A bit of a continuation from my above post but I don't think that many core-games would have been able to get out of an announcement like this alive since even gens 3 and 5 caught Flack over something somewhat similar.
At this point I feel it is better to keep their cards close to them rather than blowing their load.

I agree with you, but I assumed geebraprint was referring to any anti-Dexit person that comments on the Twitter, whether they are a genuine troll or not.
It’s the trolls I’m talking about. People that are just generally unhappy about the National dex decision aren’t the ones posting months and months later on the Galarian Ponyta post. People that are just generally unhappy just won’t buy the game instead of spending all their energy harassing the Pokémon social media accounts.

It’s the trolls I’m talking about. People that are just generally unhappy about the National dex decision aren’t the ones posting months and months later on the Galarian Ponyta post. People that are just generally unhappy just won’t buy the game instead of spending all their energy harassing the Pokémon social media accounts.

Dissatisfied people can complain for months and months if they want to and that doesn't make them "trolls". Also, not everyone who is unhappy with the Dexit won't buy the game. Many people will buy them but are still dissatisfied with the dex cut.

Of course, complaining is ok, harassing is not. But not all of those who are complaining are harassing.

Last edited:
Y'all really just gonna gloss over my comment about how knights ride horses and unicorns helped knights in old English lore, so that's a reason why Sirfetch'd and Galarian Ponyta are version exclusives, huh?

FAKE NEWS.

Okay in all seriousness though I think it's a good point--but now I want to see sirfetched ridding on a G Rapidash once it gets revealed.

Back
Top Bottom