• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

About the art, I mean, that kind of promotional image usually has nothing to do with games, indeed. Mew, Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu and Eeveelutions are on almost all of them, regardless.

But I do believe that one specifically could be different. In fact, after the dex cut, I believe all their promotional material could be more specifically "targeted"/selected from now on. In the case of that image, it will be used for products as well (as usual). With the TCG card sleeves being the one already revealed. Its opening in London isn't a coincidence either, as we also had a Pokémon center opening in Paris close to XY's release.

It will be being opened in the city the game will be inspired on, specifically close to their release. That will be the image printed on the Pokémon Center when SwSh be already released, it would be weird some Pokémon being promoted in products and plushs, and not being in the game. So I think they can be confirmed. But it makes me wonder if there are any new Eeveelution.

Edit:

For reference, this was the one for Pokémon Center Paris:

f1b203e219716b379ebfb862cfe1518d.jpg

All of those Pokémon are in the Kalos Dex, plus the Torchic there!

Last edited:
That tweet was posted on the last page, as well.

You know, I'd love to be proven wrong tomorrow (or later today depending on your time zone). But now I'm not expecting new Eeveelutions anymore, to be honest. I don't know, those arts are done in advance. That kind of thing is planned well in advance and carefully. They decide first which Pokémon will be focused on and commercialized, then which will be in the art, which they will sell plush and toys from, etc. If SwSh had a new Eeveelution, they should have known, and could have included it in the art (in this case, it would have had to be revealed earlier, of course). It would be weird, for example, for them to sell an "outdated" product: "here is our newest tcg sleeve made especially for London! There are almost all eeveelutions there! Except the ones that will debut in the game that will be based of here. sorry."

This is the first time I believe there will be no new Eeveelutions. I can already predict Ohmori and Masuda being questioned in some interview in the future, and answering something similar to what they said about Flygon: "Well, we even thought of some designs and concepts, but in the end we thought we had done enough with it for now."

I can already predict the headlines of poor sites looking for clicks "Game Freak hints at no more Eeveelutions".

Well, they could at least do something with Eevee or the past Eeveelutions, like Gigantamax Forms, why not.

Still on the Pokémon Center London image matter- I just noticed one more thing. When Pokémon Center Paris opened, Lumiose had already been revealed in trailers for a while. However, it's interesting to note that the art reproduces a very similar environment to the game, both in its architecture and colors. In fact, the Eiffel Tower is just the same (I mean, an Eiffel Tower-like building will always look like the original, for sure. But the one depicted in the picture isn't just any cartoonized Eiffel Tower, it's exactly the Prism Tower from XY).

So, I believe Pokémon Center London art could be doing more than just confirming some Pokémon to be in the game. I think it could be depicting the London City of the game, actually. So, I believe that even that Groudon-bus could be in the game. Of course, this is just speculation on my part. And for sure it's woth noting that unlike the art of Pokémon Center Paris, there is no Galar Pokémon there.

About today's news, the official twitter account mentioned Game Freak's anniversary live, which coincidentally starts just 1 hour after the trailer airs.

This could mean that we will have things about Pokémon there too, contrary to what was previously reported. Otherwise, I would see no reason for Pokémon's account to be tweeting it. Perhaps, at least they will comment on what was revealed, but there should be something Pokémon related.

About the trailer of later today, I decided to go a little further on what previously said I'm expecting:
  • Starters mid-stage evolutions, of course. If I had to guess their types, I'd say Scorbunny and Sobble evolutions will be single type (we already know about Raboot probably being pure Fire due to Affleck leak), and that Grookey will be Grass/Fairy;
  • 8 Gigantamax Forms! I'm betting on Meowth, Lapras and Pikachu (because since Affleck didn't go far, I believe they saw them through the game's title screen intro, and they usually reveal everything of the intro title screen before release) + Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise (because their Megas were announced at a similar time in the pre-release of XY, and obviously it's a great form of marketing given their popularity, I'm just not sure about Venusaur and Blastoise being in the game to get G-Max forms to begin with, but well, this is just speculation) + 2 Other G-Max Forms (Girafarig and Flygon G-Max forms would make people go crazy, it would be cool);
  • 2 Regional Forms also presenting 2 Regional Evolutions (I have a lot of ideas, but this one can be so random. If I had to guess, I would say Ledyba line an maybe Bidoof's?)
  • Some non-gym leader new key character;
  • 2 new exclusive to versions gym leaders (If I had to guess I would randomly say Psychic and Ice, just because);
  • 4 new Pokémon;
  • Legendaries types and abilities (Surely there is something special here for them to be hiding it so much. Some speculated about them being typeless, Fighting/Steel both, pure Steel both, and combinations of Steel, Fighting, Water, Ice, Fire and even Fairy and Psychic. If I had to make a guess, I would say they're triple type Pokémon :wynaut: Steel/Fighting/Ice for Zacian and Steel/Fighting/Fire for Zamazenta. I mean, anything but the conventional route. After hiding them so much, I would like to be surprised! Surprise me, Game Freak!);
  • Finally, a look at the nothern big city (I said what I'm expecting from it already: many city-like Pokémon to roaming around to catch, a super online hub, some multiplayer minigames and activies for local and online play);
  • Some new big feature (some side feature, like Musical);
  • A look at the battle facility;
  • Ending with a CGI teaser for Eternatus.
After recapping everything, I'm sure we would need a whole Direct for all this, but I don't care it always fun to speculate about anyway. I'm just really hopeful this trailer will be worthful, at least.

Last edited:
Well, now it seems clearer that maybe Venusaur and Blastoise aren't really getting G-max forms (or at least they could not be revealed today).

CoroCoro cover leaked. Check Serebii.

On that note, it's bedtime, cause 5 hours of sleep ain't enough.
Yeah, I checked the leak thread right after posting. XD

And I also don’t think, even if they’re in, that they’ll show Blastoise and Venusaur’s aG-Max today.

And at this point I kind of doubt they have one. Who knows, maybe they really went for a trio of starters picked from different gens, and gave each a G-max....

Or they might simply favored Charizard over the rest.

Called it. They're close to the dead line anyway, the game will be probably leaking by the beginning of November. This could be one of their last chance to show things they prefer to show by trailers.

This is the promotional art used for the opening of the Pokémon Center London later this week.

EG72UCjWsAUorr-.jpg

From the way I see it, it would be weird if the Pokémon that were there weren't in the game. Similarly, it seems plausible to expect TPC's product/marketing team to know which Pokémon will be in the game, and that they have made use of that knowledge.

So I guess Castform, the elemental monkeys, and the Psyduck, Scraggy, and Pidove lines may have been confirmed. And Roserade, sorry @Darkrai8674

But the question is: does this mean that we will not have any eeveelution this time?
Not really thats promotional art for the pokemon center in london. They can use whatever pokemom for marketing that it doesn't confirm them for the game.

So at the end of 2019 charizard has 3 forms...

Taking all bets by 2029 how many forms will charizard have? 10? 30?

Gamefreak: yes

As nice as it is that Let’s Go players are getting a freebie Pikachu & Eevee that can Gigantamax, I just don’t see either one being that viable among Gigantamax forms. The paralysis move sounds good but the Eevee’s G-max infatuation is just too situational.

And ugh, please tell me Charizard is not the only Kanto starter to be receiving a Gigantamax form.

Charizard is the most overrated Pokémon in the history of this franchise. There, I said it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom