• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I'm at least happy my Eevee friend from let's go eevee will be able to join me in some form or fashion in sword and shield, I was actually a little worried about that.

Also, I understand why people are upset at this but honestly considering the way this marketing cycle has been going I would have been more surprised if we had gotten the starter evolutions and a good chunk of new Pokemon.

Also I'm seeing people starting to doubt how many new Pokemon we're going to get in various threads. It's interesting to see how people don't really know what they want.

Fans: Sun and Moon revealed too much there's no mystery.
GF: Alright for sword and shield we'll reveal less and keep the starter evolutions a mystery for as long as possible.
Fans: No not like that, also this clearly means these games have hardly any new Pokemon in them.

I'll criticize GF's lack of adaptation to account for the Dexit issue. But they could have adjusted for that by revealing more about Home sooner and talking clearly about what was happening in development, and giving us a list of returning old Pokemon. When it comes to the number of new Pokemon being revelaed I really do think people are overreacting.

As I said - they could look to the SM feedbacak until the first trailer of Sword/Shield. After that, look at the new feedback. Is it really that hard?
If they keep the way they're doing now...

Future:

Sword/Shield - Please no more kanto pandering
Gen 9 - A game in "black/white" style.

As I said - they could look to the SM feedbacak until the first trailer of Sword/Shield. After that, look at the new feedback. Is it really that hard?

Future:

I don't see us ever getting another BW style game ever again because of Dexit.

B/W didn't have the dex-it you know that right ? You could still use the every pokemon back in time.
Except now, thanks to Dexit, if they ever do another BW style game then there will be absolutely no old Pokemon at all, not even in the code. BW detractors would be even more pissed if they did that.

I don't see us ever getting another BW style game ever again because of Dexit.

Fair point.

I see they doing a "zero kanto" thing as a counterpart to all "no more kanto pandering please" or something like that.
They seem to don't know how to find a midterm.

You can't transfer your partner eevee/pikachu. You can obtain a new eevee/pikachu in Let'sGo and after that you can transfer that pokemon. So your beloved starter got stuck in Let'sGo. Sorry for the bad news.

Dude, it's a game.
Yes, I know that technically my partner Eevee is still in the Let's Go games. But you get the new Eevee from having the old data, and it has some of the same attributes, it can't evolve, it has a special move attached to it even if it is a different special move. I'll probably be able to soft reset for the same gender and nature if I want to. If I use my imagination it's the same eevee in my head. And since this is all a game there's no need to think of it like "oh I just gave a new pet the same name as the last one," using imagination to fill in the gapes is fine here.

Future:

I think it's fine to criticize them for Kanto pandering becoues that is very much what's going on. But I would advise against using social media feedback to make marketing choices. As someone who worked on making surveys and polls for a time, I can tell you that response bias is an issue.

Dude, it's a game.
Yes, I know that technically my partner Eevee is still in the Let's Go games. But you get the new Eevee from having the old data, and it has some of the same attributes, it can't evolve, it has a special move attached to it even if it is a different special move. I'll probably be able to soft reset for the same gender and nature if I want to. If I use my imagination it's the same eevee in my head. And since this is all a game there's no need to think of it like "oh I just gave a new pet the same name as the last one," using imagination to fill in the gapes is fine here.

I think it's fine to criticize them for Kanto pandering becoues that is very much what's going on. But I would advise against using social media feedback to make marketing choices. As someone who worked on making surveys and polls for a time, I can tell you that response bias is an issue.

I really don't know how they analyze data for that.
Looks for me this season that community asks for something and they give the opposite. It could be just bias and not the real thing tough.
But doing at least one trailer "giving what we want" would be so bad?

Here's the thing: what exactly do we want? There's no uniform opinion among all of us here, and we're just one tiny segment of a massive, global fanbase.

There are some things that look common wish - Starters evolutions for example. If they're really this or not (we're just a fraction, I'm with you on this), I don't have the data, they have.

I don't think that this stream will have anything, so this might be it in terms of pre release info. It depends on whether or not they do a trailer in November.
Doubt it. There’s still plenty of time and I believe the poll asking if people would like to see the starter mid-evolutions prior to release ended with people saying they do want to see them.

Ehhh.... I'm not usually one who gets upset about Kanto pandering, and I've even gotten irritated over the "ugh Kanto automatically hate it" screams, but even I was disappointed and a bit irritated at this trailer. Part of it's because we already knew about most of them, and part of it is because I was really hoping for more. Like I do understand wanting to keep most of the Pokemon a secret and even agree with it, but it wouldn't hurt them to reveal a bit more, would it? At the very least don't make a trailer of nothing but Kanto.

That said, Gigantamax Butterfree was a nice surprise I didn't expect and I'm glad to see it get some love. And I do love my giant fluffy Eevee still, just probably not going to use it. G.Pika and G.Eevee's cries kinda creeped me out for some reason though.

Ehhh.... I'm not usually one who gets upset about Kanto pandering, and I've even gotten irritated over the "ugh Kanto automatically hate it" screams, but even I was disappointed and a bit irritated at this trailer. Part of it's because we already knew about most of them, and part of it is because I was really hoping for more. Like I do understand wanting to keep most of the Pokemon a secret and even agree with it, but it wouldn't hurt them to reveal a bit more, would it? At the very least don't make a trailer of nothing but Kanto.

That said, Gigantamax Butterfree was a nice surprise I didn't expect and I'm glad to see it get some love. And I do love my giant fluffy Eevee still, just probably not going to use it. G.Pika and G.Eevee's cries kinda creeped me out for some reason though.

Kanto never was a problem.
The "kanto only" is the problem here.
All gigantamax we had were for Kanto or Galarian pokemon, right?

Except now, thanks to Dexit, if they ever do another BW style game then there will be absolutely no old Pokemon at all, not even in the code. BW detractors would be even more pissed if they did that.

B/W had Pokemon from the previous generations in the post-game, though. The "only this generation's Pokemon in the entire game" is a new phenomenon with LGP/E.

Fans: Sun and Moon revealed too much there's no mystery.
GF: Alright for sword and shield we'll reveal less and keep the starter evolutions a mystery for as long as possible.
Fans: No not like that, also this clearly means these games have hardly any new Pokemon in them.
I'd like to remind people there’s a difference between revealing 90% of the Dex and less than 10% of the Dex, specially when the latter is in a game that cuts out Pokemon which turns highly controversial from a marketing point of view.

Back
Top Bottom